Windows 10: Win Mail - Success in 2 Win 10's - Disaster in 3rd

Discus and support Win Mail - Success in 2 Win 10's - Disaster in 3rd in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The recent big update (version 1511, 10586) to Windows 10 broke my Windows Mail in 3 of my Win 10's. I fixed it in my 2 x64 installations by simply... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ex_Brit, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

Win Mail - Success in 2 Win 10's - Disaster in 3rd

The recent big update (version 1511, 10586) to Windows 10 broke my Windows Mail in 3 of my Win 10's.
    I fixed it in my 2 x64 installations by simply replacing the Windows Mail folder in Program Files once again, but in my 3rd, on my Netbook (Dell Mini 1010 32-bit), I just cannot get it to work and have done every operation outlined HERE 4 times now.
    It worked before the big update fine.
    This is what I get:

Win Mail - Success in 2 Win 10's - Disaster in 3rd [​IMG]

So am using Windows Live Mail for this particular Win 10 installation...sadly. (Never liked it).

Thoughts anyone? & yes I realise the programme has long since ceased to be supported.

:)

Ex_Brit, Nov 16, 2015
  2. JohnMac13 Win User

Win 10 Mail questions, Highlight & Print, Reordering Accounts & Folders

1, I've just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. I receive all my payment notifications through my mail program. In the past I'd highlight and print the pertinent section of an email for my records from Windows Live Mail. It looks like Win10's Mail doesn't
    allow a section of an email to print without going through many additional steps of cutting and pasting to another program. Is this correct? I need a hard copy, but want to minimize the use of paper and toner.

2. Is there a way to reorder accounts and folders within Mail?

I'm sure there are 3rd party apps to allow Win 10 to act like Win 7, but I'd rather not go that route. Surely these are such basic functions that they're possible with Mail, I just haven't figured it out.

Thanks in advance,

John

JohnMac13, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Jmill831 Win User
    win 10

Upgraded to win 10 and it was disaster. Rolled back to 8.1 now it is disaster. Contemplating second upgrade to win 10 but clicking on toolbar icon does not work. How do I upgrade to win 10 second time?

Jmill831, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

Win Mail - Success in 2 Win 10's - Disaster in 3rd

1. Win Mail - Success in 2 Win 10's - Disaster in 3rd - Similar Threads - Mail Success 10's

2. Win 10 mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 mail: Hi I've problem with downloading new email, idk why in every tutorial they have there "as item arrive", and I don't have it there. If i select "based on my usage" it took like 5 min to arrive. And I dont wanna wait 15mints until email come. Can somebody help me pls?...
  3. Win 10 mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 mail: Hi I've problem with downloading new email, idk why in every tutorial they have there "as item arrive", and I don't have it there. If i select "based on my usage" it took like 5 min to arrive. And I dont wanna wait 15mints until email come. Can somebody help me pls?...
  4. win 10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 mail: Using Win 10 Mail when I hover over a picture in a message it shows the address of the picture. How do I get rid of that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-mail/d246b1ff-8fdc-414e-bba8-de017b3cc1eb
  5. Mail Win 10

Mail Win 10: Mail not accepting emails but Thunderbird and Gmail are. Is this a common problem and how to fix in lieu of the easy solution of switching to Gmail? Cheers. jimrussell5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-win-10/05f30a11-5a17-4540-a766-658d4fa84529
  6. Mail for Win 10

Mail for Win 10: I recently purchased a new machine with Win 10 installed. It associated my yahoo email account and I now am seeing Mail. Question 1: how can I create a signature? Question 2: I can see my contacts, but the groups I had before on Yahoo are no longer there and I cannot...
  7. Win 10 + mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 + mail: e-mail doesn't work in 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-mail/9079e721-a9c2-4374-923d-c0acfa8d39fc
  8. Win 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail: I am not 100% sure, but It seems like after the new win 10 release on 8/2 my win 10 mail totally quit working, and now I have it up and running sort of. I can send and receive mail and my Calendar works. but My folders and contacts do not sync. I am sure this topic has been...
  9. The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster: I upgraded to win10 couple of months ago. I managed to solve several problems with DVD drives, printers, Office 2007 hangs etc etc and it worked quite good afterwards. With today's update lot of problems reappeared and I have to undergo all those tuning again. WHY? Edit: the...
  10. Win 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail: My win 10 mail had been working fine with an outlook.com email address setup as pop till a couple of days ago when I started getting a sync error. I did a system state backup and deleted win 10 mail to install - however this all went horribly wrong and I couldnt get my...