Windows 10: win + pause/break no longer works

Discus and support win + pause/break no longer works in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Here I am, tweaking away at a new Windows 10 install when I notice that the win + pause/break hotkey no longer opens the System window. I tried undoing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DpiHell, Jul 7, 2018.

1. DpiHell Win User

win + pause/break no longer works

Here I am, tweaking away at a new Windows 10 install when I notice that the win + pause/break hotkey no longer opens the System window. I tried undoing some tweaks, but no luck. I don't know at what point it stopped working and I've got many hours into installing and tweaking already -- I can't start over. All other hotkeys work, such as win + E and win + D. Hotkeys for start menu shortcuts all work fine. I can reach the System window through the start menu or Control Panel just fine.

Any ideas on what could be preventing the win + pause/break hotkey from opening System? Any hints on what is responsible for that hotkey?

:)

DpiHell, Jul 7, 2018

2. Assign Break or Pause key function

Hi mayurpatel111,

By default the Pause/Break you cannot change the mapping of the Pause/Break keys. For you to change the mapping of the Pause/Break keys, it's best that you contact the manufacturer of your keyboard for assistance some keyboard manufacturers allow changing
    the mapping of their keyboards or install a third party application.

If you have further queries, feel free to post in the Answers Community.

Gerald Vit, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Assign Break or Pause key function

Can we assign the keyboard key "Pause" or "Break"?

I wanted to make my laptop to go to sleep when i hit Pause or Break button on keyboard.

If yes, How?

mayurpatel111, Jul 7, 2018
  4. win + pause/break no longer works

Quantum Break won't download anymore after pausing and cancelling

I paused quantum break mid download. Then the download won't restart. So i try cancelling it and now it won't download. It'll go from 43.6 of 43.6mb and get stuck there, then i pause and restart to go to 123mb of 123 mb, and I have to pause and resume
    for it to go any step further. I don't know why this is happening. Is there a fix? Having to restart the download is annoying enough but now i can't even download the game. I tried rebooting but same thing happens. Please help if you know how to fix

HenryWang94, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

win + pause/break no longer works

1. win + pause/break no longer works - Similar Threads - pause break longer

2. none of my keys but pause break work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    none of my keys but pause break work: recently i wiped off my keyboard from some dust that accumulated for a while, but now none of my key's work except for pause break. any idea how to fix this?...
  3. none of my keys but pause break work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    none of my keys but pause break work: recently i wiped off my keyboard from some dust that accumulated for a while, but now none of my key's work except for pause break. any idea how to fix this?...
  4. Play/Pause controls no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play/Pause controls no longer working: Hi there.So I'm having a issue with media controls lately.Until now, the media controls for skip worked. The play/pause buttons didn't respond anymore.I've read another article about this, didn't find anything helpful.I tried everything, from default music player app, to...
  5. Play/Pause controls no longer working

Play/Pause controls no longer working: Hi there.So I'm having a issue with media controls lately.Until now, the media controls for skip worked. The play/pause buttons didn't respond anymore.I've read another article about this, didn't find anything helpful.I tried everything, from default music player app, to...
  6. Windows key no longer works in-game, eventually "breaks"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key no longer works in-game, eventually "breaks": The windows key on my keyboard used to bring up my start menu while I was gaming and now it does not. I had the problem a week or so ago and an update fixed it. But now the problem came back. It's not a big problem but if I leave the game running to go to desktop for...
  7. Windows key no longer works in-game, eventually "breaks"

Windows key no longer works in-game, eventually "breaks": The windows key on my keyboard used to bring up my start menu while I was gaming and now it does not. I had the problem a week or so ago and an update fixed it. But now the problem came back. It's not a big problem but if I leave the game running to go to desktop for...
  8. Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working: Out of the blue my play and pause buttons on my Logitech keyboard have stopped working. The volume controls and mute work, but on Chrome, Firefox, Hulu App, and Windows media players they do not work but do work for the iTunes app and Netflix app. I have tried restarting all...
  9. Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works: After the latest big update from Windows, I noticed that my Emoji Picker Window (the window that you can pull up when pressing the Windows key + the period or semicolon key) no longer comes up. I tried searching online to why this doesn't work, and how to fix it, etc, yet...
  10. breaking/pause a process with Debug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    breaking/pause a process with Debug?: I'd like to pause/break a flash application/process once it starts running. I tried to attach to the process with windbg, but it breaks before the app is loaded into my memory... I'd like to have it break when it is loaded into my memory, but before the app compiles (flash...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pase break key no longer mapping