Windows 10: Win speed test different from Speed test.

Discus and support Win speed test different from Speed test. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop, a Dell Studio 1535 running WIN 10, is ethernet connected to my Century Link 1000A modem/router, When I run the speed test, on the laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnM72, Feb 26, 2016.

1. JohnM72 Win User

Win speed test different from Speed test.

My laptop, a Dell Studio 1535 running WIN 10, is ethernet connected to my Century Link 1000A modem/router, When I run the speed test, on the laptop, provided by windows it displays 5.?? mbit upload and a 5.?? download. When I run SpeedTest I get a 5.?? upload and a 47 mbit download. interesting*Confused. See attachments.
    Also my Dell desktop running WIN 7 displays the same speed results as my laptop.

:)

JohnM72, Feb 26, 2016

2. speed test

Hi Val,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you referring to Network speed test app or speedtest.net website?

• Do you receive any error message, while trying to access speed test?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 26, 2016
  3. speed test

windows 10. installed speed test. It is not working

ValBaker TG, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

the windows one is probably using a shitty server to test from i wouldnt worry about it just trust the higher one *Wink If its bothering you just put "download test file" into google itll give you list of places you download a file unbuffered and youll see from your download speed how your connection is , you should be getting something like 5mb/s with your connection (thats a guess in working on 2.5mb/s for 20 mbps), if you have the steam client thats usually a good place to download from to test

Archie123, Feb 26, 2016
  5. JohnM72 Win User
    Thanks Archie, I am not really worried about it. I just thought there was too much variation between the 2 tests. The results from SpeedTest on the desktop and laptop were very close to the same. I will play with the google idea and will forgo using the MS speed test.
    thanks again.
    John

JohnM72, Feb 27, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    There is no speed test out there that is 100% accurate. Speed Tests are like driving on an Interstate. At some point the traffic will slow down or have to route around a road closure.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win speed test different from Speed test. - Similar Threads - speed test different

2. CPU speed test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU speed test: What is a fairly safe CPU speed test program to use? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-speed-test/574591c7-f2bd-4641-a959-e7dd508a8664
  3. CPU speed test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU speed test: What is a fairly safe CPU speed test program to use? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-speed-test/574591c7-f2bd-4641-a959-e7dd508a8664
  4. Speed Test confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed Test confusion: Hello, I run Windows 10 Pro 1909. Recently I upgraded to Fibre and ran some speed-tests to confirm all was well; this is where the confusion came in. Using the identical speed-test I found a difference of 10Mg between results depending on which Browser I accessed the...
  5. Speed Test confusion

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speed Test confusion: Hello, I run Windows 10 Pro 1909. Recently I upgraded to Fibre and ran some speed-tests to confirm all was well; this is where the confusion came in. Using the identical speed-test I found a difference of 10Mg between results depending on which Browser I accessed the...
  6. Network speed test

Network speed test: Network speed test - service to perform network speed test not available error -try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-speed-test/e20a44e6-96e4-4ee8-8a3d-258ecfbbeebd
  7. Easy Speed Test

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Easy Speed Test: I have restored this to a previous day from where it began on my computer. It is not displayed in the programs. How do I get rid of it. It pops up upon start up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/easy-speed-test/da2588ef-d17b-4b3a-bf2a-a1b48b924251"
  8. internet speed test on win 10 pc

internet speed test on win 10 pc: how do i check my network speed on a windows 10 PC. when i use the internet speed test on the web i get 77.8 mbps. i m paying my internet provider for 400 mbps Where is the disconnect. Something seems a little strange to me. cannot get help from internet provider....
  9. Testing Wifi speed

Testing Wifi speed: How can I test the speed of my laptop's 802.11ac wifi connection? I would like to know how fast I can retrieve (but not store) data from my Synology NAS, or maybe send data to the NAS. The laptop has (2x2) and connects at 867 mbps. I should be able to transfer data at...
  10. Speed test recommendations?

Speed test recommendations?: I've been using Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test but I just got through with an exhaustive two separate night support case with AT&T Fiber Optic where it was shown to be incredibly inaccurate. Is there a better more accurate speed test out...