Windows 10: Win Update on Win 8.1 PRO won't install KB3035503

Discus and support Win Update on Win 8.1 PRO won't install KB3035503 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have the latest version of Windows Update Agent (7.9.9600.16422). I am needing Windows Update KB3035503 Installed on my laptop running Win 8.1 PRO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KayEee, Jul 26, 2015.

1. KayEee Win User

Win Update on Win 8.1 PRO won't install KB3035503

I have the latest version of Windows Update Agent (7.9.9600.16422).
    I am needing Windows Update KB3035503 Installed on my laptop running Win 8.1 PRO so I can register for the Win 10 Upgrade. I have tried setting Win Update to automatic and manual. Neither will install the KB file. I have also reviewed the Win Update History and the KB File is not present. I am fairly sure I have legitimate Win 8.1 PRO update software installed on my machine as I purchased it directly from Microsoft.

Is there a way obtain and install this KB3035503 out side of Windows Update?

:)

KayEee, Jul 26, 2015

2. Windows Activation issues after downgrading to Windows 8.1

*Original Title: Windows 10 reset

I brought dell inspiron 3542 laptop pet installed with win foes 8.1.

I later upgrade to win foes 8.1 pro and I got windows 10 pro update.I upgraded to windows 10 pro.

I felt it was not smooth running,I resetted and got Windows 8.1.It has downgraded from win 10 pro to win 8.1 yesterday.

Now neither I have a key win 8.1 pro key nor getting win 10 basic edition update.

RAHUL GOWDA MS, Jul 26, 2015
  3. chrisjm34 Win User
    Drive label

I've installed Win 10 Pro on top of Win 8.1 Pro but the drive label still says Win 8.1 Pro. Does this mean I have a problem?

chrisjm34, Jul 26, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Jul 26, 2015
  5. KayEee Win User
    Bunny J,
    I followed the instructions you provided and installed KB3035583 (for 32 Bit 8.1 system. Install went fine and Windows Update shows the KB installed. Windows Update also shows no new updates ready for install.
    The icon to register for Win 10 does not show up in the system tray. I have shutdown and rebooted my machine twice since the installation.
    Any suggestions on how to get the ICON to display in the sys tray?

Thanks,

KayEee, Jul 26, 2015
  6. See if this helps:
    Solved Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon

It took a few days for my Win7 machine to get the icon, but my Win8.1 machine got is almost immediately.

Read though the thread,, I included a 'fix' from Cliff S in post# 8. If the batch file methods (try all of them until the icon appears of there aren't any more methods) - give Cliff's method a shot.

Slartybart, Jul 26, 2015
  7. KayEee Win User
    Unfortunately this suggestion did not work. I had tried it before but tried it again. Utility ran fine, utility said KB3035583 installed and everything up to date. Still no Get Windows Icon in system tray *Banghead

KayEee, Jul 27, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Have you tried the tool found here.,, it works for me.

BunnyJ, Jul 27, 2015
  9. Did you try each option in the batch file, they do different thing as workaounds for the gwx icon issue.

Choices in the batch file:
    1: Check Update Status
    2: Quick-Method #1 [JC from answers.microsoft.com]
    3: Quick-Method #2 [KevinStevens_845 from answers.microsoft.com]
    4: Long-Method #1 [Yaqub K from answers.microsoft.com]
    A reboot might be required, I forget. If after all methods have been tried, you might as well restart your machine - just in case it's that simple *Wink

It wasn't until the 2nd or third try, days apart, that my Win7 box finally got the icon
    - it appeared after executing 2: Quick-Method #1

Also, did you follow the link in post# 8 to Cliff S's suggestion - some members had success that way.

Slartybart, Jul 28, 2015
  10. Found where? *Tongue

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win Update on Win 8.1 PRO won't install KB3035503 - Similar Threads - Update PRO won't

2. How to find product key for pre installed Win 8, updated to Win 8.1 to update to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find product key for pre installed Win 8, updated to Win 8.1 to update to Win 10?: How to find product key for pre installed Win 8, updated to Win 8.1 so that I can now update to Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-product-key-for-pre-installed-win-8/b3379ffa-c9d6-47de-aa97-0360de5db2d1
  3. How to find product key for pre installed Win 8, updated to Win 8.1 to update to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find product key for pre installed Win 8, updated to Win 8.1 to update to Win 10?: How to find product key for pre installed Win 8, updated to Win 8.1 so that I can now update to Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-product-key-for-pre-installed-win-8/b3379ffa-c9d6-47de-aa97-0360de5db2d1
  4. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  5. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  6. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  7. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  8. win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :: i have a costume PC build and every time i try to install win 8 or 10 , its install and after finish the system stake and never work , i try to Chang the hard drive and nothing happened , but win 7 it's work very good my PC spec : i5-4690k 16gb ram gtx 970 MB :...
  9. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1: I have an MSI 990FXA-GB80 MoBo. I just installed two Crucial 500gig SSD's into my case and SATA3 to my MoBo. My previous SSD, a Mushkin, got corrupted and died and I lost my recent data. SO, I decided I would do RAID 1 this time with the two Crucial SSD's. I have 16 gig of...
  10. Win7 Ultimate and Win 8 Pro Disks?

Win7 Ultimate and Win 8 Pro Disks?: I have 2 Retail disks and one PC. Normally run Win7 and Win8 Pro on separate SSD's Win7 is ran like 99.9% of the time .*Think From what I read, you can use these CD's on other systems if my motherboard goes bad or I build another system If I upgrade to Win10 from...