Windows 10: Win Upgrade - "Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed"

Discus and support Win Upgrade - "Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning, I have a Dell Inspiron 32 bit machine that I am trying to upgrade (one of about 10) from Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mightymouse3062, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Win Upgrade - "Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed"

Good morning,
    I have a Dell Inspiron 32 bit machine that I am trying to upgrade (one of about 10) from Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit to Windows 10 Enterprise 32 bit. All of the Windows Updates have been installed and every time I try to upgrade to Windows 10 I get the "Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed". My understanding is this computer is also an upgrade from Windows XP and not a fresh install of Windows 7.

I have tried the steps outlined in here
    FIX: Something Happened - Windows 10 Installation Has Failed : Windows10

I have also tried this through safe mode. It has not fixed the problem.

I have been working through this as a possible solution
    https://www.tenforums.com/installati...d-error-3.html

However, when I go through the steps disk 0 (the only one in the system) does not have a FAT32 volume. Should one exist?

I have been looking around on the machine for the Windows 10 upgrade log files and have not found them to figure out what error I am actually hitting.

Where do I find the log files?

:)

mightymouse3062, Dec 29, 2016

2. Windows 10 Upgrade version 1511, 10586 - constant scheduled restart

Attempted the [FIX] Something Happened - Windows 10, and got the same message "Windows 10 Installation has failed"

Paul Fincken, Dec 29, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Win Upgrade - "Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed"

Steve C, Dec 30, 2016
Thema:

Win Upgrade - "Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed"

1. Win Upgrade - "Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed" - Similar Threads - Upgrade Something happened

2. Has something happened to windows mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has something happened to windows mail?: I have Gmail sync to my android and to Mail on my pc. Suddenly not getting messages loaded or folders synced on Mail, but android's ok.nothings changed on my end - - tried removing account from mail and adding it back in. Looked like it was going to work, but still not...
  3. Has something happened to windows mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has something happened to windows mail?: I have Gmail sync to my android and to Mail on my pc. Suddenly not getting messages loaded or folders synced on Mail, but android's ok.nothings changed on my end - - tried removing account from mail and adding it back in. Looked like it was going to work, but still not...
  4. Something unfortunate has happened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something unfortunate has happened.: My dad's computer, which is a Windows 7 was upgraded to a 7 around 2019/2020, was originally a Vista is slowly but surely dying. His Performance Index is 5.1, yeah, the index is easier to find on that computer but the computer constantly BSOD's. Since the first time I...
  5. Something unfortunate has happened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something unfortunate has happened.: My dad's computer, which is a Windows 7 was upgraded to a 7 around 2019/2020, was originally a Vista is slowly but surely dying. His Performance Index is 5.1, yeah, the index is easier to find on that computer but the computer constantly BSOD's. Since the first time I...
  6. Something happened: Windows 10 installation has failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something happened: Windows 10 installation has failed: Hello everybody, I'm having issues upgrading to Windows 10 on my Windows 7 PC. I've tried to install it using countless methods - triggering the upgrade via console command, burning an ISO to USB, editing the registry, but on all but one occasion I got the error message...
  7. Something Happened ... Win 10 Upgrade Fails: invalid SQM session

Something Happened ... Win 10 Upgrade Fails: invalid SQM session: Just attempted an upgrade to Windows 10 from Window 8.1. "Something Happened" was the error *Biggrin Got the following errors ... Code: 2015-07-29 22:03:02, Error CDiagnosticsHelper::SetSQMDatapoint: Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session 2015-07-29...
  8. Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!

Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!: Just made a USB to upgrade the PC to Windows 10. Gets to the end of the process but before it restarts a little window pops up to say Windows 10 installation has failed! Attached the setuperr.log found in $WINDOWS.~BT setuperr.log 91587
  9. Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed error.

Something happened, Windows 10 installation has failed error.: About 24 percent into the Windows 10 upgrade installation from Windows 8.1, using the Windows Media Creation Tool, I get the error "Windows 10 installation has failed" error. I searched around, and found a similar post. The popup looks the same. But, I have a lot more free...
  10. Something Happened Windows 10 installation failed (Grey box)

Something Happened Windows 10 installation failed (Grey box): Ok so I've tried every fix I can find/think of and Windows 10 still will not download on my husbands laptop, mine however upgrade perfectly on the first try. He has Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack1 Processor is AMD E-350 Processor 1.60 GHz Installed memory (RAM):...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something happened windows 10 instLLATION HAS FAILED stopped at 35%