Windows 10: Win+X menu fails to pop up or pops up but the menu entries do not

Discus and support Win+X menu fails to pop up or pops up but the menu entries do not in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've got two standard profiles and one administrator profile on my lap top. Win+X works for the standard profiles , but not for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oeivinr, Aug 17, 2015.

1. oeivinr Win User

Win+X menu fails to pop up or pops up but the menu entries do not

Hi,
    I've got two standard profiles and one administrator profile on my lap top.
    Win+X works for the standard profiles , but not for the administrator profile. How come?
    I have checked that the winx files are where they should be in (<administrator>/appdata/local/Microsoft/Windows/winx)
    Could they be corrupted? Could I just copy the files from one of the standard profiles that works, to my administrator profile? Would that solve it?

Edwin

:)

oeivinr, Aug 17, 2015
  2. saleki Win User

C3-01 delete log

press and hold on entry. menu should pop up

saleki, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    How do I delete a "Private Call" from Mango call history log?

Hold your finger down on the entry and a menu will pop up with a delete option.

Entegy, Aug 17, 2015
  4. rwhite1 Win User

Did you solve this problem? I'm working on one like it, too. Nothing yet.

This does, however, match a recent hunch: permissions or UAC.

rwhite1, Sep 4, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    You can try this:
    Open Admin Command Prompt, copy and paste the line below and run to make sure there's no System Files corruption:
    Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth&sfc /scannow&pause
    then use this link below:
    Start Menu button right click menu fails - Windows 10 Forums

topgundcp, Sep 4, 2015
  6. rwhite1 Win User
    Thank you for responding. My problem turned out to be an old ShellExtension that wasn't compatible with Win10. I deleted it and all was well.

rwhite1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win+X menu fails to pop up or pops up but the menu entries do not - Similar Threads - Win+X menu fails

2. Active option of a pop-up menu is not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active option of a pop-up menu is not responding: Hi everyone, To download a YouTube video, I've found a procedure on web using VLC Media Player as under.Copy YouTube video's URL. Open VLC and click "Open Media" then "Network" and then paste the YouTube URL. Then select "Tools" and then "Codec Information" and copy the URL...
  3. Start menu keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  4. "Verify that it's you" menu popped up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Verify that it's you" menu popped up: I was using the Windows "Movie and TV" app when a "verify that it's you" menu popped up, prompting me to enter my computer's/account's pin. After that, the menu disappeared without anything following. After the window disappeared, it occurred to me that this was a bit odd....
  5. What is this menu that auto pops up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is this menu that auto pops up?: Hello guys. How are you all doing? Whenever I start my Laptop on, this menu always opens up. Any idea what is causing it and how do you stop that from happening? [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Settings menu randomly pops up

Windows Settings menu randomly pops up: Windows Settings menu normally invoked by Windows key +i randomly pops up. This happens every 10 or so minutes and disrupts ongoing activity. It needs to be disabled somehow but none of the known methods or security settings works in this case....
  7. Boot menu popping up while startup

Boot menu popping up while startup: I am using Hp laptop with only one OS windows 10 installed, but whenever i startup the laptop windows boot menu is popping up why it is happening? and how to stop it?...
  8. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  9. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  10. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...