Windows 10: Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility

Discus and support Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Experts,Does anyone know if Windows XP supports:Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker Enforce Message signing CompatibilityAnswers are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vinu Wesley, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility

Hi Experts,Does anyone know if Windows XP supports:Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker Enforce Message signing CompatibilityAnswers are appreciated and thanks in advance.- Vinu.

:)

Vinu Wesley, Feb 23, 2024

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Can't get Bitlocker to encrypt C: drive

Hi,

Windows 10 1903 on a Dell XPS 8700, no TPM. Did a clean install of Win 10, can't make Bitlocker encrypt. Have done this at least twice before, once on this computer (It worked fine. I wiped hard drive, installed Linux, coming back to Win 10. Also encrypted a laptop with TPM).

Tried all setup combinations I could think of, entered password, restarted, eventually getting this error message:

Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility 246917d1568134845t-cant-get-bitlocker-encrypt-c-drive-bitlockernotenabled.jpg

Not sure I did this image right. It says this:

Bitlocker could not be enabled
    The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock on the current computer and cannot be unlocked automatically.
    C: was not encrypted

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stan

sbumgarner, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility

external hard disk drives became unallocated (bitlocker encrypted)

Hello.

Recently I tried to access data on an old USB stick and IO tried to use Disk Management for it.

When I started Disk Management, it gave me an error message and asked to convert a disk to MBR (if I remember correctly).

I mistakenly assumed it was about the USB stick and I pressed yes.

The result is that one of my external hard disk drives became unallocated, and it shows 2 times in the disk management list.

I closed the Disk Management and checked the file explorer, but the disk was not there.

I reentered Disk Management and without doing anything, by itself unallocated the second external hard disk drive, split in two partitions, and the drive shows three times in the disk drive list!!!

Both drive encrypted with BitLocker, I have the password and the keys.

My PC is a Lenovo m93p.

I had lots of backups in those disks and I really don’t want to lose the data, please any advice is welcome.

Can I remove the BitLocker encryption and use a data recovery software to save my data?

I tried to upload a screenshot of my Disk Management, but it fails, so I created this cloud link to see it.

Andreas Valsamis, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility

1. Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility - Similar Threads - Implement hard disk

2. Windows XP - Enforce Message signing Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP - Enforce Message signing Compatibility: Hi Experts,Does anyone know if Windows XP supports:Enforce Message signing CompatibilityAnswers are appreciated and thanks in advance.- Vinu....
  3. Windows XP - Enforce Message signing Compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows XP - Enforce Message signing Compatibility: Hi Experts,Does anyone know if Windows XP supports:Enforce Message signing CompatibilityAnswers are appreciated and thanks in advance.- Vinu....
  4. Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility

Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility: Hi Experts,Does anyone know if Windows XP supports:Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker Enforce Message signing CompatibilityAnswers are appreciated and thanks in advance.- Vinu....
  5. Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption: Dear all,I have had a brand new laptop which is bitlocker encrypted "device mode" as most windows users I guess. I want to return the laptop within the 2 weeks return policy as it does not fully match my needs. This laptop contains professional files though which I do not...
  6. Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption

Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption: Dear all,I have had a brand new laptop which is bitlocker encrypted "device mode" as most windows users I guess. I want to return the laptop within the 2 weeks return policy as it does not fully match my needs. This laptop contains professional files though which I do not...
  7. How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?: Hi,I have a Dell Vostro 14 3000 laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, with a 1 TB hard disk drive and 8 GB RAM. I created 2 partitions on my hard disk - "C:" for OS and "D:" for files storage.Recently I installed a 256 GB SSD hard disk and installed OS on it, planning to...
  8. How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?

How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?: Hi,I have a Dell Vostro 14 3000 laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, with a 1 TB hard disk drive and 8 GB RAM. I created 2 partitions on my hard disk - "C:" for OS and "D:" for files storage.Recently I installed a 256 GB SSD hard disk and installed OS on it, planning to...
  9. Bitlocker encryption not compatible with this version of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encryption not compatible with this version of windows: Hi, I am having a problem with my USB drive that I decided to protect with Bitlocker. The encryption was successful from 0 to 100%. Right after 2 minutes of completion of my encryption, when I tried to open my USB drive it says "BitLocker encryption not compatible with your...
  10. Guidance for configuring BitLocker to enforce software encryption

in Windows 10 News
    Guidance for configuring BitLocker to enforce software encryption: Microsoft is aware of reports of vulnerabilities in the hardware encryption of certain self-encrypting drives (SEDs). Customers concerned about this issue should consider using the software only encryption provided by BitLocker Drive Encryption™. On Windows computers with...