Windows 10: Win10 10130 & 10162 won't Install

Discus and support Win10 10130 & 10162 won't Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi... tried the last two Win10 pre-releases... 32bit... downloaded the ISOs, burned to DVDs, and ran install: 1. On an ATOM processor... NETBOOK 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stevek50, Jul 7, 2015.

1. stevek50 Win User

Win10 10130 & 10162 won't Install

Hi... tried the last two Win10 pre-releases... 32bit... downloaded the ISOs, burned to DVDs, and ran install:

1. On an ATOM processor... NETBOOK
    2. On an AMD processor... full LAPTOP

ONCE, the NETBOOK got to the point of "just after" "Let's Get Connected" and the little clock-wise rotation went for almost an hour. The LAPTOP gets hung at the same spot (all the time).

The other 3-4 times (trying the NETBOOK) the install would display anything... just the CD-drive lights going on/off.

I'm unsure if these last releases are ATOM-capable or not... but the AMD is an actual laptop that came with Win7 loaded... but, of course, after several tries... I've now wiped the hard drive and working on CLEAN installs.

Anyone know what's going on?? And/or... what I can do next. In case you missed... I'm installing as 32-bit...

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

:)

stevek50, Jul 7, 2015

2. 10130 bootloop

It also worked for me. 10162 installs better than 10130

Aidarkhan Izimov, Jul 7, 2015
  3. Win 10 Pro insider 10162

I upgrade 10130 to 10162 evrything Ok, only i have not insider hub, is it normal or samting else.

lp,

DavorDrcec, Jul 7, 2015
  4. Win10 10130 & 10162 won't Install

CountryBumkin, Jul 7, 2015
  5. stevek50 Win User
    Both SEEM to meet the minimum requirements... not smart enough about the display adapters; the ATOM has an "Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150", the AMD an "AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics".

What I can say is... The ATOM came with Win7 Starter and I've re-installed Win7 Ultimate on it... plan on trying to install Win8 & Win8.1 on it later this afternoon... I've already installed Win7 Ultimate, Win8 Pro & just finished installed Win8.1 Pro on the AMD. ALL were CLEAN installs... used BOTH x86 & x64 versions.

Win10 (NON-installs) were x86... cutting an x64 Win10 bld 10162 right now for the AMD...

Any ideas??
    Steve

stevek50, Jul 7, 2015
  6. If you can run Win7 Ultimate or Win8 on your machines, then Win10 should install. The laptop meets the requirements - I don't know about the Atom (didn't look up specs). Win10 requires at least Win7 SP1 to do the automatic update/install but I don't think that would matter if your doing a clean install.

Make sure the Atom is "64-bit capable" before trying to install Win10 x64 (if your not sure, perhaps play it safe and install the Win10 x86 version).

CountryBumkin, Jul 7, 2015
  7. stevek50 Win User
    Hey Country... Really you appreciate your thoughts, advice, etc... just HATE when I can't solve my own problems... ugh.

The NETBOOK (atom cpu) is ONLY 32-bit; the AMD 64-bit CPU... which is why I started with x86... figured I could install both machines at same time. Both machines meet the minimum requirements but I can't confirm the minimum display... the AMD adapter is an "AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics"... the ATOM's display is an "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150". Since the AMD CAME with Win7-installed... I suspect that's workable... not sure about the ATOM, since it was XP-installed... but Win7/SP1 loaded on both... Win8/Win8.1 on the AMD. Also, Win10 still shows a GREAT SCREEN (circling and "Wait a Moment) when it stops doing anything.

Spent several hours today trying to load Win10/10162 on the AMD... 2-3 tries as x86; last 2 as x64. Playbook reads... booted from a DVD, got window to choose Install (I did CUSTOM and DELETE my USER partition), set date/time, entered Win10 PRO key, it loaded the next 6-7 list (installing files, etc), and got down to me selecting my WiFi... NO PROBLEM. Next step, regardless of selecting CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS or "select default" (forgot actual button)... it just went into a rotating circle saying "Wait a Moment" underneath... let it sit and sit... last time over 2 hours. JUST CANNOT GET PAST THAT POINT.

Funny tho, as you already pointed out, loaded Win7/SP1 Ultimate on both... and Win8 and Win8.1 on the AMD... NO PROBLEMS???

I don't understand... so I'm lost!
    Steve

stevek50, Jul 8, 2015
  8. stevek50 Win User

Country...

Looks like you're in FLA?? Weeki Wachee here... hour north of Tampa

Steve

stevek50, Jul 8, 2015
  9. bitpirate Win User
    Not sure about your laptop, but I've tried W10 on my netbook, and it worked - very, very slowly. You'd be much better off with a lighter weight Linux distro like Mint with MATE or XFCE desktop.

bitpirate, Jul 9, 2015
  10. I did a clean install 10.0.162 today using the Insiders Preview ISO (not an ESD-to-ISO).

I fired it up at 10:00 AM before leaving to help my daughter move in to her new house, when I got home at 9::00 PM, the progress circle was still spinning telling me "Just a moment ...". Methinks I have a different definition of a moment than MS ... 11 hours is not a moment, it's half a day *Tongue Anyway, I long pressed the power button to shut down the machine and restarted it after waiting a few minutes.

The Install started up again and told me that it wouldn't take long to install the apps ... Sure I thought ...

It finished in about ten minutes - not long at all.

I think this happens when the install is updating drivers - not sure though. The good news is that 10.0.162 is the first release to set up my external monitor (driven by the same 6520G card as yours). The driver has glyphs in some of the reports, but it works as well as AMD drivers have in the past on Win7 or Win8.

Side note: When I uninstalled CCC, the system 'hung' - a three finger salute to sign-out an sign-in again cleared that up.

There might be an issue with System Reserve if it's only 100 MB. A few members had issue, including me on a various previous releases, I recommended increasing the System Reserve to 450 MB.

I was doing some other Disk Management work when I noticed that 10.0.162 used more than 100 MB of the System Reserve. I don't recall this in previous releases but I might not have paid close enough attention. I also don't know if the install will use more space if it is available.

Win10 10130 & 10162 won't Install [​IMG]

If you need help on stealing 350 MB from another partition and adding it to System Reserve, post a call for help. Lots of member can help you, if I'm not available.

Anyway, try the cold start first.

Slartybart, Jul 9, 2015
  11. I'm in the land of the big Mouse.
    I hope you are making progress with your install. I did a clean install with 10130 (the prior release locked up my machine) but the last two updates to 10162 and 10166 went fine. Maybe 2 hours is not enough time - as Slartybart said. Perhaps let it run overnight.
    Good luck

CountryBumkin, Jul 9, 2015
  12. Overnight might give it enough time, but I think it's hung and only a hard stop then restart gets you past the hang. A few hours is more than sufficient time to wait *Tongue

MS has to fix this soon, the issue has been around for a number of releases - different machines, different devices ...

They're working very hard to get this done for the 29 July date. Insiders will get the updates first (per a blog or tweet by Gabe Aul) - then other devices (users) will get updated in waves.

I too hope Steve has better luck with the install.

Bill

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2015
  13. stevek50 Win User

Hey guys...

Finally got Win10/10162 to install on my NETBOOK/ATOM. Strangest part was... ran right on thru in about 45-50 minutes!??? Going to start all over again tomorrow... run it 2-3 times... just to make sure I'm not dreaming or been drinking or something!!

I did go back to the PREVIEW website and RE-DOWNLOADED 10162 (both x86 & x64)... burned a NEW DVD (x86 only right now)... Hope this wasn't a fluke... which is why I'm going to RE-do tomorrow a few times. Glad "something" broke my logjam... On Monday... have to bring Win10 to brief some neighbors on Monday so they will have SOME idea for 29th.

Thanks to all who gave me... ANSWERs, IDEAs and, more important, gave me incentive to continue on!!
    Glad I found this forum and "found" some great guys willing to listen to my little woes!!

Steve

stevek50, Jul 11, 2015
  14. Thanks for the update Steve, glad you got past the bottleneck ... whatever was causing it.

Every once in a while it turns out to be bad install media - that's usually down the list of possible reasons, but it does happen.

I read your posts again and it seems as though the hard stop might work for the AMD machine, but let it think for Just a moment... before stopping the machine, 20 -30 mins should be more than enough time. You could wait longer - that's your call.

I'd just go ahead with the 64 bit install, why install Win10 twice? ... er... thrice *Wink

Good luck and forge ahead!

Slartybart, Jul 11, 2015
  15. stevek50 Win User
    Hey all...

Installed 64bit (N450 is 64; N270 only 32)... only took like 45 min... so, two in a row. However, 64bit is WAY slower than (yesterday's) 32bit... so, once I finish here, I'm going back to 32-bit version.

Expecting a 2gb stick in mail next week... only 1gb RAM right now... so may try 64-bit then.

Regardless... 10162 (32/64) are working as I expected from get-go.

As SLARTY last said... I'm leaning towards a bad ISO burn... but I also re-downloaded the ISOs... had to be one or the other.

I need the AMD to have 8.1 tomorrow (and Netbook w/Win10)... and, maybe around Tue/Wed I'll go back to the AMD with Win10. Since Netbook's installing "to completion" and in "45 min"... I have reference points for AMD and... doubt any issues will surface.

Once again... thanks to all!! Been great help... both in expertise and shoulders to cry on

Steve

stevek50, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 10130 & 10162 won't Install - Similar Threads - Win10 10130 10162

2. 10162 won't let me set Cyberfox as default

in Browsers and Email
    10162 won't let me set Cyberfox as default: No matter how many times i set Cyberfox as default and then under "default programs", Windows 10 won't keep it. 7784
  3. Choppy video playback.. WIn8.1 and Win10(build 10130)..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Choppy video playback.. WIn8.1 and Win10(build 10130)..: I seem to be having an odd issue with video playback.. Netflix. When I installed Win8.1(Clean) and performed all of the required updates the play back went from perfect to jittery. The movie will work fine for a few minutes(about 4) and it just starts to go jittery/choppy....
  4. Update to 10130 No sound drivers won't install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update to 10130 No sound drivers won't install: As above my rig updated to build 10130 I had no sound (SoundBlaster Zx) played around a bit but couldn't get it to work, so I uninstalled it and now it will not reinstall. I have run a cleaner so it got rid of all creative stuff tried again but no good, any ideas please ? 6587
  5. Taskbar won't auto hide (build 10162)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar won't auto hide (build 10162): Hi there Any fixes for Auto hide of taskbar -- after a boot it works for a while and then randomly stops working. Cheers jimbo 7730
  6. 10166 won't install over 10162

10166 won't install over 10162: I've tried several times to install build 10166 over my current build (10162). Each time I get the same error (irql_not_less_or_equal) after about 35% of the upgrading process. I've tried to run the problem solver for Windows Update without any luck, and I also cleared the...
  7. build 10162

build 10162: Where can I get this build from? I am on the fast ring; and i checked wu; but the update is not there for some reason. So where can i get it from(where its a official release?) 7802
  8. The Professional to Enterprise edition build 10130 to the Enterp 10162

The Professional to Enterprise edition build 10130 to the Enterp 10162: Hi I installed the Professional edition of Windows 10 build 10130 and I upgraded to the Enterprise edition. Now, how do I update it to build 10162? Thanks Bye 7722
  9. 10130 ISO's

10130 ISO's: x86: MEGA x64: MEGA 8474
  10. 10130 install

10130 install: Did both a upgrade and clean install of 10130.On restart or shutdown I get this message. DDE server window This app is preventing you from restarting memory could not be read ALT + F4 for shutdown menu no problem Is there a fix for this ? 6441