Windows 10: Win10 10240 Home Create Folder Desktop Black Screen

Discus and support Win10 10240 Home Create Folder Desktop Black Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have Windows 10 Home 10240 build upgraded from Windows 8.1 Core. I have a inconvenient problem, if i create a new folder on the desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frize, Aug 1, 2015.

1. frize Win User

Win10 10240 Home Create Folder Desktop Black Screen

Hi. I have Windows 10 Home 10240 build upgraded from Windows 8.1 Core.
    I have a inconvenient problem, if i create a new folder on the desktop. Right-Click -> New -> Folder, seems that explorer.exe crashes. Everything disappears desktop icon, taskbar. After 1 or 2 seconds everything comes back to normal and folder is created.
    Does anyone also have this inconvenient problem?

Not a big problem, just inconvenient.

Thanks!

:)

frize, Aug 1, 2015
  2. PeterFred Win User

Personalise Desktop

In my Win10 Home Machine, in Desktop/Peronalise, there is an option to choose My Pictures Slideshow (In the Screen Saver Settings pop=up)

In this same pop-up screen within the "Settings" selection, there are options to pick a folder location (including network folders within a small Home network such as I have), and also to select an option to display the filename/path as well as other otions.

This arrangement is working very well in Win10 - as it did previouly with Win7.

On the other machine in the network (upgraded from Win7Pro to Win10Pro) the ability to show file/path seems not to be (readily) available.

From Desktop/Personalise there is no option to choose My Pictures Slideshow (In the Screen Saver Settings pop-up ), but there is an option to choose "Photos" which I did.

In the same pop-up screen within the "Settings" selection, there is an option to pick a folder location (including network folders I chose the same folder as was chosen for the Win10 Home machine), but no option to display the filename/path.

This arrangement is also working well, except it would be nice to have the slideshow indicating the filename/path as for the other machine.

Surely the Pro Machine can be expected to have at least the functionality of the Home machine, so I wonder what I am missing or is there no ready way to achieve this desirable requirement?

The BASIC question is :- Does Win10 Pro allow the display of "Drive/Filename" when selecting the display picture slideshow option associated with Desktop/Personalise.

This basic question can be aimed at a stand alone Win10 Pro Machine without the additional potential complexity of HOME GROUP networks etc.

PeterFred, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Can't create a new folder in File Explorer and Can't right click on desktop

Since Windows 10 I can't create a new folder in File Explorer anyway. Right clicking just makes the screen go blank and hitting new folder. Also when I right click on the desktop the screen goes black and then back to the desktop. I tried doing a system
    recover but nothing seems to work.

TraceyAldrich, Aug 1, 2015
  4. NiklasG Win User

I had a similar minor bug with Windows 10 Pro, upgraded from Windows 7 Pro on a Dell Precision M6800 laptop.

I noticed yesterday that if I
    1) Rebooted
    2) Right-Click -> New -> Folder on the desktop
    Then the desktop picture went black, but all the icons and start menu was still there. (Both on the computer display antd on the two external monitors attached via a docking station.)

Some time later (or if rebooting) the desktop picture reappeared.

Now I tried switching from the desktop picture from Dell that came with the computer to one of the standard desktop pictures that came with Windows 10, and now everything works again. No black desktop when I repeat the steps stated above.

NiklasG, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Win10 10240 Home Create Folder Desktop Black Screen - Similar Threads - Win10 10240 Home

2. Home Folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder on desktop: Hi!Today I powered on my pc and after an update an Home folder apperead on my desktop as a shortcut to the file explorer home section.How do I disable it?I've done some research on google but I found nothing....
  3. Home Folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Folder on desktop: Hi!Today I powered on my pc and after an update an Home folder apperead on my desktop as a shortcut to the file explorer home section.How do I disable it?I've done some research on google but I found nothing....
  4. Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop: On both windows 10 computers, when I right click the desktop, to try and create a 'new folder', the computer does not recognize the desktop and can not create a new folder....
  5. Win10 black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 black screen: After booting, windows starts and shows login screen. It logs in and shows a blank screen. Cursor works and windows key too, taskbar, background image and apps are gone. Ctrl shift esc doesnt work but ctrl alt del works. I saw a post exactly like this and tried to fix it,...
  6. How to create a folder on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a folder on the desktop: WIN10 is updated and now I can't create a folder on the desktop PLEASE HELP *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-folder-on-the-desktop/a9a9c70e-6461-4265-b4fd-a912d8b41ac3
  7. Win10 Home Premium Desktop Black Screen

Win10 Home Premium Desktop Black Screen: Okay, I'm at a total loss here. I have looked everywhere, Google, this forum, everywhere, and I cannot fin the answer. I've tried RegEdit, EoA, Personalization, Iris control panel, and NVIDIA control panel. The entire 9 yards, and probably 9 more. MY DESKTOP WILL NOT...
  8. Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen

Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen: Hello there ! soo I installed desktop gadget for my win 10 and for some weird reason when I am in dota 2 menu and then go back to desktop (windows button or alt+tab) my gadgets (default windows gadgets) calendar, weather and CPU&RAM meter turns black like there is only...
  9. unable to create folder on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to create folder on the desktop: Hi I have a problem with my Win 10 I can not create a new folder directly on my desktop first I get message that I need to confirm the action [img] and when I click continue to that I get another pop up window that I need permission to perform this action [img]...
  10. 10240 + Black Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    10240 + Black Screen: This morning I turned on my HP All In One and the screen stays black. I had 10220 loaded but I don't know what happened until I went to this forum on my other system and discovered 10240 was released. If this is the cause what do I do??????????????????????? Thanks 8604