Windows 10: Win10 1709 start menu icon for all user

Discus and support Win10 1709 start menu icon for all user in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear, As we need create Win10 Pro 1709 image for deploy remain PC in our company, i want to apply this settings and apply to all users,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shenmue2, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Shenmue2 Win User

Win10 1709 start menu icon for all user

Dear,

As we need create Win10 Pro 1709 image for deploy remain PC in our company,
    i want to apply this settings and apply to all users,

"Settings" icon not show on start menu (red arrow as following attached picture)

Win10 1709 start menu icon for all user [​IMG]

In previous Win10 Pro 1607, i can turn off Setting icon in "Choose which folders appear on Start" ,
    after sysprep with copy profile=1 , it can apply in default setting / all new login user

Win10 1709 start menu icon for all user [​IMG]

But after upgraded to 1709 FCU, this method is not longer available ,
    Anyone know how to turn off this icon and set as default setting ?
    E.g. Registry key ? layout.xml ?

Thanks and Best Regards
    Silver Fox

:)

Shenmue2, Nov 22, 2017

2. How to restore scanner icon on Windows 10

i want to restore to start menu

i unistalled the app on all users hoping that i could reinstall it and get the icon. the icon was missing on my start menu only. the icon was still on the other users start menu. all of my start menu icons were deleted after a windows update.

yes i can use it to scan docs

MarkPannullo, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Why do I get a Blue "Please Wait..." Splash Screen Every Boot after Fall Creators Update?

Here is a bit more diagnostic information:

Rollback to 1703 and all problems are gone. No Blue "Please Wait.." on boot, All icons on desktop say put, and settings button on left side of start menu works...., but

I forgot to uninstall the 1709 update, so on the next reboot, the system updates to 1709 again.

All problems return - Store Apps vanish from start menu, Blue "Please Wait..." flashes every boot, and Icons on desktop are moved down 1-row every boot, but initially, before restoring the store apps, the "Settings" button on the left side of the start menu
    does work before restoring the store apps.

1709 update uninstalled and rollback a second time to 1703 build 15063.726 and all is working just fine again.

David C. Rankin, Nov 22, 2017
Thema:

Win10 1709 start menu icon for all user

1. Win10 1709 start menu icon for all user - Similar Threads - Win10 1709 start

2. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10: Hello All. Running win10 on my laptop and have to click the "all apps" on the start menu to see all programs. I go to Settings > Personalization > Start but the option to Show app list in Start menu does not exist. Is there any other way to show all apps in the start menu? Or...
  3. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10: Hello All. Running win10 on my laptop and have to click the "all apps" on the start menu to see all programs. I go to Settings > Personalization > Start but the option to Show app list in Start menu does not exist. Is there any other way to show all apps in the start menu? Or...
  4. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. start menu icons are all blank

start menu icons are all blank: I have my start menu open however all icons are blank with only names on it. You will be able to open apps in start menu however the icons is all like folders and no certain picture....
  6. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icons are all blank: I have my start menu open however all icons are blank with only names on it. You will be able to open apps in start menu however the icons is all like folders and no certain picture....
  7. start menu icons are all blank

8. Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden: [ATTACH] In the past 48 hours, I've noticed that any system and store app icons are not displaying in the start menu on this particular screen or when searched via the start bar. If I scroll thru the program list, the icons are there. I've tried rebuilding my icon and...
  9. How to change default WIN10 start menu for ALL Users?

How to change default WIN10 start menu for ALL Users?: I decided to use windows 10 OS in my organization, but the problem is Windows Start Menu. Is it possible to modify default start menu for all computer local and domain users? I dont want to see news, finances, xbox etc tiles in start menu each time when new user will login to...
  10. FCU 1709 deletes/removes all pinned start icons

FCU 1709 deletes/removes all pinned start icons: Windows updates started, downloaded and installed FCU 1709. Installed ok but on clicking start, none of the pinned programs are there or in the A-Z list. Have they been deleted? Or still there, so need to create a shortcut to them, how to get icons back? How to get...