Windows 10: Win10 1803 Fail - Needs Non-Existant McAfee Uninstalled

Discus and support Win10 1803 Fail - Needs Non-Existant McAfee Uninstalled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All: Windows 10 is trying to update to version 1803 (3). It is halting the update because "Some apps need to be uninstalled". Specifically - McAfee... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GopherMan, May 25, 2018.

1. GopherMan Win User

Win10 1803 Fail - Needs Non-Existant McAfee Uninstalled

All:
    Windows 10 is trying to update to version 1803 (3).
    It is halting the update because "Some apps need to be uninstalled".
    Specifically - McAfee Internet Security Suite.
    I do not have, nor have I ever -intentionally- installed McAfee. I am running Norton Security Suite.
    I went to the McAfee site, downloaded and ran MCPR. It ran to completion successfully and I restarted. Still no joy.
    Here's the kicker - I went through this exact same issue during a previous major Win 10 upgrade. Microsoft and McAfee were of zero help. The only alternative was to do a complete OS reload from scratch (which was successfully completed). And now I'm running into it again.
    I can only imagine there is still some McAfee fragment on my drive that is causing the trouble. My h/w configuration is:
    - AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    - GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
    - MyDigitalSSD BPX 80mm M.2 PCI Express 3.0 x4 (PCIe Gen3 x4) NVMe MLC SSD (480GB)
    - Running Win10 Pro 64-bit v.1709 build 16299.431
    Does anyone have any idea how I can get around this without (a) ignoring Win10 updates and (b) reloading Win10 from scratch?

:)

GopherMan, May 25, 2018
  2. Time Lady Win User

Unable to uninstall McAfee

Have you tried the Mcafee uninstall/clean up tool?

Download and run the MCPR tool:
    • Download the MCPR tool from http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp and save it to a temporary folder on your computer.

NOTE: Because the MCPR tool is updated periodically, always download a new copy before each use to ensure that it can recognize and fully remove newer McAfee products.

• Browse to the folder where you saved the file and double-click MCPR.exe.
    • If you see a User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
    • At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
    • At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
    • When prompted, type the Captcha information exactly as seen (it is case-sensitive) and then click Next. (This step minimizes accidental executions of MCPR.)
    • If you have Family Protection installed, follow steps a and b below. Otherwise, continue to step 8.
      • Type your Family Protection Administrator name and Password, then click Next.
      • If authentication fails, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code.
    • When you see the CleanUp Successful message, restart your computer to completely remove your McAfee product.

Time Lady, May 29, 2018
  3. How to remove non-existent device permanently?

Hi,

The drivers for your Touchpad is still installed in your PC that's why the device keeps reappearing. You may need to uninstall Touchpad in Device Manager. But since it doesn't appear in Device Manager, we suggest checking the hidden devices. Please follow
    the troubleshooting steps shared by Vikrant Yadav on this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Win10 1803 Fail - Needs Non-Existant McAfee Uninstalled

1. Win10 1803 Fail - Needs Non-Existant McAfee Uninstalled - Similar Threads - Win10 1803 Fail

2. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  3. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  4. mcafee uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    mcafee uninstall: I reset my windows 10 laptop. I deselected the option to install mcafee security. yet It got installed. now I m trying touninstall it but unsuccessful. plz provide solution...
  5. How to Uninstall McAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Uninstall McAfee: I want to delete all of McAfee from my computer. How do I do that? [Original Title: McAfee] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-mcafee/37edc497-3cc5-44a6-a839-18aaae7eb203
  6. uninstall McAfee LiveSafe

uninstall McAfee LiveSafe: Having trouble uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe. Followed instructions provided by McAfee, but it did not good. HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-mcafee-livesafe/ce1ac8a6-d2a8-45a9-832b-228e2e50c121"
  7. Uninstall McAfee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall McAfee: I tried to uninstall the App via Settings, as well as via the Uninstall Programs on the Control Panel. No success at all - the response is: Navigation to web page was cancelled. I can't refresh the page. The only way to get out is to Close Window on the Taskbar...
  8. Uninstalling McAfee

Uninstalling McAfee: I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I could not uninstall as other programs were using McAfee Agent. I then tried using the MCPR which seems to have worked for most...
  9. Uninstall McAfee Suites

Uninstall McAfee Suites: I have tried unsuccessfully to uninstall McAfee Suites. I think it is interfering with my current security suites. McAfee may have been previously downloaded or unintentionally through some other source. Any advice on how to accomplish? I've tried the uninstall within the...
  10. Win10 1803 repeatedly fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1803 repeatedly fails: * Windows Update tells me I have updates * Insists on downloading eventually, installing, then failing, rebooting * Installation history says "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (17)" - version 17? 17 attempts more likely. C'mon! This is no way to treat a user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant uninstall mcafee win 10 v 1803

2. gigabyte motherboard gm785 will not accept win 10 1803 update

3. what needs to be uninstalled to uninstall mcafee security

4. 1803 update uninstall mcafee endpoint,
  5. windows 1803 mcafee uninstall