Windows 10: WIN10 1803 Fast startup needs about 25-32s

Discus and support WIN10 1803 Fast startup needs about 25-32s in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have installed the clean WIN10 OS 1803(17134.112). I find the fast startup more slowly than before. Now needs about 25-32s. Is there any fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by August_Zheng, Jul 14, 2018.

1. WIN10 1803 Fast startup needs about 25-32s

I have installed the clean WIN10 OS 1803(17134.112). I find the fast startup more slowly than before. Now needs about 25-32s.

Is there any fast startup SPEC or link for the newest WIN10 to share?

Here is my notebook config.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz

6GB

ST2000LM007-1R8174

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

:)

August_Zheng, Jul 14, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Turn off Fast Startup

Hi Michel,

Please take note that you must be signed in as an Administrator to be able to turn fast startup on or off. Fast startup requires that
    hibernate be enabled. If you disable hibernate, then it will also disable fast startup.

Steps on how to manually turn off the Fast Startup

• Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the
      Power Options
      icon.
    • Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side
    • Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top
    • If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes
    If the option for turning off the Fast Startup is not available, then changing the registry key maybe required.

Note: Please note that configuring Registry key requires extra care as it might cause another issue with your system.

• Type RegEdit in the search field on your Task bar
      and open the Registry tool.On the left pane of the Registry window, locate
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power.
    • On the right pane of the said location, check if the HiberbootEnabled
      is available. If not, we need to create it by clicking the right key of the mouse, select New
      and click on DWORD (32 bit) Value.
    • Replace it with the word HiberbootEnabled under Name
      column.Data value must be zero (0) that will represent as the Fast Startup is turned off.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Steps on how to disable UAC in Windows 10

• Type UAC in the search field on your Task bar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the
      Start button and choose Search.)
    • Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
    • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click
      OK.
    • You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
    • Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

We look forward to your response.

Kerwin Lee, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Avedis53 Win User

WIN10 1803 Fast startup needs about 25-32s

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

WIN10 1803 Fast startup needs about 25-32s

1. WIN10 1803 Fast startup needs about 25-32s - Similar Threads - WIN10 1803 Fast

2. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  3. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  4. Win10 UEFI Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 UEFI Fast Startup: Does having a UEFI-installed Windows have advantage/difference to Fast Startup compared to Legacy-installed ones? submitted by /u/DevMakPH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp3ubd/win10_uefi_fast_startup/
  5. Win10 1803 Startup App not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 1803 Startup App not starting: Having a puzzling problem with an application in the common startup folder. I placed the shortcut of an application in the common startup folder, but when Windows boots it never launches the app. If I double click the shortcut, it opens just fine. Task manager shows the app...
  6. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  7. 2 Questions about 'Fast Startup'

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Questions about 'Fast Startup': I got 2 questions about Fast Startup: - Should I turn off Fast Startup? I heard that keeping it on is bad for your PC. - Is it true that one should reduce the size of the hibernate file if you use Fast Startup? 61569
  8. System time 25% fast.

in Windows 10 Support
    System time 25% fast.: My system clock is gaining one second every four seconds. For every minute that passes, the system clock advances by 75 seconds. When looking at the time in the BIOS, it appears to tick at normal speed, but in Windows it is fast. Toggling time synchronisation in the...
  9. Turn off Fast Startup [Was: Win10 clean - Win10 update Mismatch]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off Fast Startup [Was: Win10 clean - Win10 update Mismatch]: I hope somebody can either explain to me what I'm missing or point me to an explanation. I have two 256 Gig SSDs on which I'd loaded different operating systems but virtually identical applications. One was Windows 8.1 and one was Windows 7. They were interchangeable --...
  10. Win10 Fast Startup Kernel Boot Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Fast Startup Kernel Boot Errors: Hi everyone... I have received some critical kernel boot messages in Event Viewer after every start-up. Just a few pointers: - Fast Startup is Enabled - UEFI Fast Boot is enabled in BIOS These are the error messages: 1. Event ID 29: Windows failed fast startup...