Windows 10: Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link between 2 PC's.

Discus and support Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link between 2 PC's. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Subsequent to 1803 upgrade I have lost the direct ethernet link I had established between my two Win 10 Desktop PC's. Have tried everything to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bob Deb, May 29, 2018.

1. Bob Deb Win User

Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link between 2 PC's.

Hi,
    Subsequent to 1803 upgrade I have lost the direct ethernet link I had established between my two Win 10 Desktop PC's. Have tried everything to restore it but to no avail. If it is not possible to do so (and I suspect that may be the case), is there any way I can add my 2 PC's to the Media Streaming Options Local Network menu (see attachment for clarification). I'm guessing that because my ethernet link was independent of the home group, the two PC's did not get a mention there. I have found a video showing a possible restoration of inter-pc linking but it is dependent upon both computers being shown in the menu. Would really appreciate any assistance. Many thanks - .

:)

Bob Deb, May 29, 2018

2. Win10 PC with an Ethernet card but no Internet.

We have a Win10 PC with an Ethernet card and on the MB Ethernet. Both NIC's show up in the device manager OK. However, in the "Network and Internet" panel, there is No "Ethernet" on the left between "dial-up" and "proxy". It is not there. The PC cannot
    see the internet. Please advise

Cyberquipment, May 29, 2018
  3. gotdurt Win User
    Lost network connection between 2 PCs via ethernet cable...

I have 2 Windows 10 PCs connected via ethernet cable; drives were shared/accessible from each, and PC#2 was connected to the internet via PC#1, which is connected via wifi. It's been a while since I connected them, and I don't quite remember how I achieved
    this connection... but I know it wasn't hard.

Last night Win 10 on PC#1 started bugging me about updates, so I went ahead and restarted it, because this update is obnoxiously long (I had already done it on PC#2). However, in doing so, I lost my internet connection on PC#2, so I plugged in an old USB adapter
    for temporary access and switched to wifi in settings to make it work.

This morning, I went to reconnect the PCs... I thought I could just switch back to ethernet in settings... PC#2 could not access the internet, but it could still access the hard drive on PC#1; PC#1 is connected to the internet (as it should be), but cannot
    access the hard drive of PC#2.

I checked that all of the settings indicated allowed sharing, and tried the troubleshooters, which as usual, were little-to-no help... Network diagnostics from PC#1 found nothing, and from PC#2 the "problems found" listed "ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

The solution has to be simple, but it's beyond me...

gotdurt, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link between 2 PC's.

1. Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link between 2 PC's. - Similar Threads - Win10 1803 Loss

2. Internet access between 2 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access between 2 PC: I received a new computer at work without a wifi card so I wanted to connect him to my other computer with an ethernet wire. Here is how I configured the computer with internet https://i.stack.imgur.com/75WJd.jpg And the computer to connect with...
  3. Internet access between 2 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access between 2 PC: I received a new computer at work without a wifi card so I wanted to connect him to my other computer with an ethernet wire. Here is how I configured the computer with internet https://i.stack.imgur.com/75WJd.jpg And the computer to connect with...
  4. Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller: Hi, I've had my new Windows 11 PC now for about 2 months and every few days when I turn it on it loses it access to the Internet due to it claiming 'The IntelR Ethernet Controller 31225-V adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware-related problems.' If I wait a few hrs 3-4...
  5. Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller: Hi, I've had my new Windows 11 PC now for about 2 months and every few days when I turn it on it loses it access to the Internet due to it claiming 'The IntelR Ethernet Controller 31225-V adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware-related problems.' If I wait a few hrs 3-4...
  6. How to link 2 Windows PCs directly via WiFi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to link 2 Windows PCs directly via WiFi?: Intro: Microsoft have deprecated Homegroup and Ad Hoc network creation abilities such as netsh wlan set hostednetwork by telling router manufacturers to remove this ability re: Windows 10 'upgrades' and implementing routers incapable of this in their devices such as...
  7. Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers: Problem #1 I have 2 computers running WIN 10, connected via an Ethernet crossover cable. In FILE EXPLORER [Computer] I can see both computers on one computer, and only one computer (itself) on the other. I can see both of them as MEDIA DEVICES on both of them. I have...
  8. Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link in LAN

Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link in LAN: Hi, Subsequent to 1803 upgrade I have lost the direct ethernet link I had established between my two Win 10 Desktop PC's. Have tried everything to restore it but to no avail. If it is not possible to do so (and I suspect that may be the case), is there any way I can add my 2...
  9. connecting between 2 pc's

connecting between 2 pc's: I have 2 pc's. A win 10 and a win 7. They both can see each other but reject any attempts to login. I type in my username and password. Nothing. I assume those are my 'Network Credentials'. I don't even want to think about my old little XP laptop. WTF? Thanks. 70672
  10. LAN problem between 2 PC's

LAN problem between 2 PC's: Both upgrated to windows 10, one HOME and one PRO. Windows 10 HOME is on a local account Windows 10 Pro is on a Microsoft account. Private and All net-settings are the same on both PC's From the HOME I can access the PRO while typing the login settings for the PRO...