Windows 10: Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link in LAN

Discus and support Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link in LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Subsequent to 1803 upgrade I have lost the direct ethernet link I had established between my two Win 10 Desktop PC's. Have tried everything to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob Deb, May 29, 2018.

1. Bob Deb Win User

Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link in LAN

Hi,
    Subsequent to 1803 upgrade I have lost the direct ethernet link I had established between my two Win 10 Desktop PC's. Have tried everything to restore it but to no avail. If it is not possible to do so (and I suspect that may be the case), is there any way I can add my 2 PC's to the Media Streaming Options Local Network menu (see attachment for clarification). I'm guessing that because my ethernet link was independent of the home group, the two PC's did not get a mention there. I have found a video showing a possible restoration of inter-pc linking but it is dependent upon both computers being shown in the menu. Would really appreciate any assistance. Many thanks - .

:)

Bob Deb, May 29, 2018

2. Win10 PC with an Ethernet card but no Internet.

We have a Win10 PC with an Ethernet card and on the MB Ethernet. Both NIC's show up in the device manager OK. However, in the "Network and Internet" panel, there is No "Ethernet" on the left between "dial-up" and "proxy". It is not there. The PC cannot
    see the internet. Please advise

Cyberquipment, May 29, 2018
  3. gotdurt Win User
    Lost network connection between 2 PCs via ethernet cable...

I have 2 Windows 10 PCs connected via ethernet cable; drives were shared/accessible from each, and PC#2 was connected to the internet via PC#1, which is connected via wifi. It's been a while since I connected them, and I don't quite remember how I achieved
    this connection... but I know it wasn't hard.

Last night Win 10 on PC#1 started bugging me about updates, so I went ahead and restarted it, because this update is obnoxiously long (I had already done it on PC#2). However, in doing so, I lost my internet connection on PC#2, so I plugged in an old USB adapter
    for temporary access and switched to wifi in settings to make it work.

This morning, I went to reconnect the PCs... I thought I could just switch back to ethernet in settings... PC#2 could not access the internet, but it could still access the hard drive on PC#1; PC#1 is connected to the internet (as it should be), but cannot
    access the hard drive of PC#2.

I checked that all of the settings indicated allowed sharing, and tried the troubleshooters, which as usual, were little-to-no help... Network diagnostics from PC#1 found nothing, and from PC#2 the "problems found" listed "ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

The solution has to be simple, but it's beyond me...

gotdurt, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link in LAN

1. Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link in LAN - Similar Threads - Win10 1803 Loss

2. Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller: Hi, I've had my new Windows 11 PC now for about 2 months and every few days when I turn it on it loses it access to the Internet due to it claiming 'The IntelR Ethernet Controller 31225-V adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware-related problems.' If I wait a few hrs 3-4...
  3. Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller: Hi, I've had my new Windows 11 PC now for about 2 months and every few days when I turn it on it loses it access to the Internet due to it claiming 'The IntelR Ethernet Controller 31225-V adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware-related problems.' If I wait a few hrs 3-4...
  4. LAN or Ethernet Connector failures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LAN or Ethernet Connector failures: I recently bought a computer and installed windows 10 pro on it. I bought the license and activated it and everything was going perfectly. But one day the internet the computer only works with cable started to fail. I thought it was the coverage of the modem but I brought my...
  5. Ethernet lan not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet lan not connected: [ATTACH] How to fix it? Window 10 pro 2004. I follow every instruction from youtube & other website . But i cannot fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-lan-not-connected/bcb343ec-8d43-471d-b461-455143f017ed
  6. Ethernet LAN network

Ethernet LAN network: On a daily basis I never know what to expect from my so called "simple 2 PC network". There is nothing simple about having a great connection one day, then the next day it says "Windows cannot access ... (the other computer)". It seems like I spend more time investigating...
  7. LAN packet loss

LAN packet loss: Hello , This is a strange one, every test of ping i got a packet loss using Ethernet cable but when i use WI-FI adapter it's work fine (no packet loss) . Im sure that the router is OK and my hardware & software (motherboard) is OK, i tested with same pc a portable Linux...
  8. Fix LAN in 1803 with a single click.

Fix LAN in 1803 with a single click.: Rejoice! Sergey Tkachenko over at Winaero has done what M$ has claimed they could not (claimed as in lied to us). You can now solve your LAN problems created by the 1803 update by ticking a single box. Just head over and read his latest post, then download and install...
  9. Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link between 2 PC's.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link between 2 PC's.: Hi, Subsequent to 1803 upgrade I have lost the direct ethernet link I had established between my two Win 10 Desktop PC's. Have tried everything to restore it but to no avail. If it is not possible to do so (and I suspect that may be the case), is there any way I can add my 2...
  10. Ethernet lan port problem

Ethernet lan port problem: Hello, I have just installed windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro. The problem is that my Ethernet connection from my router used to work just fine on windows 7 and i have also tested it on another computer and it works fine also. My router is a ZTE ZXHN H108N Series and shows a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 lost ethernet