Windows 10: Win10 and its UI Scaling

Discus and support Win10 and its UI Scaling in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I just built a new PC and made the move from win7 to win 10. I am being driven up a wall with some of these problems though. When on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stosh, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Stosh Win User

Win10 and its UI Scaling

Hello,
    I just built a new PC and made the move from win7 to win 10.

I am being driven up a wall with some of these problems though.

When on my recommended resolution :
    3840 x 2160
    with scale and layout set to
    225%

things look to be the right size (the text does, but the icons are huge, cant seem to customize this)

Problem is,
    1) when I launch programs - like steam, they insist on being full screen (without being full screen)
    like they never remember how I resized them. Ive right clicked them and played with the properties here, but they are set to run in normal window, and ive messed with some DPI settings to make certain niche elements scale correctly here as well using System (enhanced) .

2) when I exit a full screen game, ALL my windows are resized. Chrome, Steam, Discord, all of that it just becomes this annoying mess that i have to deal with everytime.

This does not happen on 1920x1080.

Any advice please? I feel like im going mad.

:)

Stosh, Aug 19, 2018

2. How to force a UI scaling in Windows 10?

I have a 1920 monitor and my laptop think it is 1024. So I forced the output to 1920 but the display setting still thinks it is a 1024 monitor so no UI scaling is enabled. I like to know how I can force a UI scaling through command prompt. Thanks.

Aero Windwalker, Aug 19, 2018
  3. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Win10 and its UI Scaling

Solution to Photoshop and Audition small or extremely large (200%) UI Scaling fix

You're welcome,

Glad you can follow my instructions and make it work...Win10 and its UI Scaling :) I find it disappointing that Adobe cannot fix this UI scaling issues years ago on all their products. Their solution in 2015 was to bump up the scaling of Photoshop to 200%, which is extremely too
    big to work with and it makes everything out of place.

I had posted this solution on Adobe forum and they deleted my post because they think their 200% scaling solves the tiny UI problem but it has not and brought new problem. The oversized UI...lol

Let's hope Adobe release a new fix that allows users to change the UI scaling to ANY percentage they find fitting for them.

Regards,

Son Pham

LoveWindows10, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Win10 and its UI Scaling

1. Win10 and its UI Scaling - Similar Threads - Win10 Scaling

2. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove CoPilot on Win10: I want to completely uninstall CoPilot from my personal computer. I am using Win10 and i do not want to just "hide" the icon. This program is using resources on my PC and i never plan on using it. Can you please tell me how to remove this?! this is so intrusive and...
  3. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove CoPilot on Win10: I want to completely uninstall CoPilot from my personal computer. I am using Win10 and i do not want to just "hide" the icon. This program is using resources on my PC and i never plan on using it. Can you please tell me how to remove this?! this is so intrusive and...
  4. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand: I downloaded the Windows 11 23h2 ISO from the website and created a PXE image with MDT and WDS. Once the install was completed and I tried to activate windows it says it "can not validate my Product Key". I did not activate Windows 10 Pro system before installing the new...
  6. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand: I downloaded the Windows 11 23h2 ISO from the website and created a PXE image with MDT and WDS. Once the install was completed and I tried to activate windows it says it "can not validate my Product Key". I did not activate Windows 10 Pro system before installing the new...
  7. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home: i have win10 pro on my old laptop that hw-incapable of supporting tpm 2.0; now i have new laptop preinstalled with win11 home. how do i upgrade the latter to win11pro for free that i couldn't on former laptop?...
  9. Improve Resolution and DPI scaling for older large TV. Win10 worse than Win7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Improve Resolution and DPI scaling for older large TV. Win10 worse than Win7: I recently upgraded my dad's PC from Win7 to Win10. Entire new system, etc... He is old and needs very large fonts as well as a low enough resolution to see. Windows 7 handled this perfectly while connected via HDMI to an older (15yr old) Panasonic 55" TV with a native...
  10. Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar?: I don't think this is possible but I really wish it was. I am using custom 48x48 icons and of course they're being forced down to 32x32 and look bad. One thing I hate in recent builds..and I haven't been able to find a solution, other than to use a dock rather than the...