Windows 10: Win10 Anniv Pre-install directory?

Discus and support Win10 Anniv Pre-install directory? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I do not want and do plan to to install Windows 10 anniversary on my working Win10 install. I do see a directory now called "Windows10Upgrade" on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chemie, Aug 20, 2016.

1. chemie Win User

Win10 Anniv Pre-install directory?

I do not want and do plan to to install Windows 10 anniversary on my working Win10 install.

I do see a directory now called "Windows10Upgrade" on c:\ just appeared

Did M$ just pre-load this like win7/8 upgrades did?

How can I stop it from being redownloaded now I deleted it.

:)

chemie, Aug 20, 2016

2. Want to Restore back to WIN 8.1, Get WIN10 Anniv Later?

After dealing with a very slow PC after WIN10 upgrade (before 7/29/16) I would prefer to go back to ver 8.1.

If I do this would this not allow me to get the WIN10 (Anniv Update?) once the problems are resolved. Seems like many users are having issues!

(now at WIN10 Home, ver. 1511, build 10586.545)

mssusan123, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Can't boot Windows 10 in a Windows XP

I've installed Win10 1607 on systems older than that, so incompatibility with the Anniv. Update might not be the issue here. Since you're unable to install even Win7/8, I suggest trying once with the tool I linked to to create the Setup USB from the downloaded
    ISO. Try with Win10 first and if that doesn't work try creating a Setup USB for 8.1 or 7 (with the same tool). If you get Setup to proceed perform a

clean install
    . If nothing works burn the ISO to a DVD and try that instead.

RobertJWin, Aug 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Which version of Win 10 do you have?
    Some versions allow you to defer upgrades (for months).

You can completely block windows updates or a specific one if you wish
    Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    (Not Home edition)

How to delay the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on your PC and why | Windows Central

How to temporarily block the Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 upgrade | InfoWorld

You can check your current version:
    Press Windows key + R, type winver.
    If you see 1607 in the box, you have the anniversary upgrade installed and would need to roll back.

Where are the files?
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/check-...-installing-pc

dalchina, Aug 20, 2016
  5. chemie Win User
    I updated two days before the anniversary edition came out (1551). I have Pro, so yes, I have updates blocked so this is why I wondered how a pre-install directory even showed up

chemie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Anniv Pre-install directory? - Similar Threads - Win10 Anniv Pre

2. Pre installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  3. Pre installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  4. Pre installed Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Windows: If i decline Pre installed windowd EULA , where i can appeal for my windows refund Cause recently i bought a laptop which comes with pre installed windows .I already have 2 retail licenses of windows 10...
  5. return to pre-installed Win 8 from Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    return to pre-installed Win 8 from Win10: An ASUS q500a purchased in 2012 w/Windows 8 pre-installed. Not long later I give it to my mom.In 2017 my mom complains that this pc has gotten very slow. I notice boot up is slow, opening apps is slow, and the computer always seems busy - because it's slow? This computer is a...
  6. Win10 20H2, refreshing the content of directories

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 20H2, refreshing the content of directories: I have the latest win10 build, 20H2 at date 01.12.2020. After a few minutes of using the windows, I have a problem with the explorer: the content of directories does not auto-refresh e.g.when I create new file, file doesn't appear. When I delete file, file doesn'tdisappear....
  7. Pre installed Apps

Pre installed Apps: i want my pre installed apps back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-apps/c5a54a30-2bab-4f63-876d-10191373ae9e
  8. Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?: In old Win7 users could place a shortcut on TaskBar then open Properties of this shortcut, go to "Shortcut" tab and enter %windir%\explorer.exe /n,/e,D:\data This opens (when clicked) Windows Explorer and mark and expands directory D:\data\ Unfortunately this does not work...
  9. New laptop with Win10 pre-installed won't activate

New laptop with Win10 pre-installed won't activate: Hi there. I'm hopeful you can help me with my problem. I recently purchased a new MSI laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition already installed. I asked the authorized re-seller to perform a clean Windows installation so as not to have to deal with bloatware. When my laptop...
  10. Pre Installation Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre Installation Help: Hi Guys, A newbie here, so please forgive me if my questions are a little basic. What do i need to do to windows 8.1 before i upload windows 10, i don't want to take anything across that will cause problems. I will save any documents and files before i upload. When...