Windows 10: Win10 bloatware (candy crush etc) keep showing in Start Menu !

Discus and support Win10 bloatware (candy crush etc) keep showing in Start Menu ! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I bought a new Asus laptop with windows 10 pre-installed (fall creators update). I tried getting rid of the bloatware that comes with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iparout, Mar 23, 2018.

1. iparout Win User

Win10 bloatware (candy crush etc) keep showing in Start Menu !

Hi.

I bought a new Asus laptop with windows 10 pre-installed (fall creators update).

I tried getting rid of the bloatware that comes with windows, I uninstalled them, but links to them always keep re-appearing in the start menu after every reboot !! Note that the apps are NOT installed, only their links appear in the start menu (if I click on the link though, the app downloads and installs).

I browsed around the forums and tried EVERY solution I could come across (disabling auto updates in the Store, creating a CloudContent key in the registry, disabling suggested apps), but nothing helps !!!

Any way to get rid of those annoying links ? It's really frustrating that Microsoft tries to sell me apps I don't want.

Here is a screenshot of the start menu with the problem ! (Candy Crush, Disney Magic and others...)

Win10 bloatware (candy crush etc) keep showing in Start Menu ! [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any help !

:)

iparout, Mar 23, 2018

2. can't edit WIN 10 start menu/tiles

I just did a new install of WIN 10 Home 64bit onto a newly built PC. This was from an OEM disk that was purchased from Outlet PC. Was in an official Microsoft package and good product key. The start menu has bloatware like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch etc.
    When I right click to remove it goes away, but as soon as I open the start menu again it is back. Also when I try to add tiles they don't save. So I can't edit the start tiles or list. These don't show up in the Apps & Features list. I have updated WIN 10
    and no change.

SamuelBlick, Mar 23, 2018
  3. Cincinder Win User
    Candy Crush Saga game

I attempted to download an app via the app store (this is on my home Win10 system) and found the Candy crush soda saga is stuck. I am now unable to download the app I want and I cannot stop (X) the candy crush download (even tho it's doing nothing).
    I never downloaded the game, it just showed up.

Cincinder, Mar 23, 2018
  4. Win10 bloatware (candy crush etc) keep showing in Start Menu !

This is a known issue with the initial release of FCU and was fixed in one of the first updates. What version are you running?

October 17, 2017—KB4043961 (OS Build 16299.19)

Improvements and fixes

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addressed issue where, after removing apps, they're reinstalled on every restart, logoff, and login.

PolarNettles, Mar 23, 2018
  5. dalchina New Member
    (Try
    Windows key + R, winver
    to see your build number)

dalchina, Mar 23, 2018
  6. iparout Win User
    Thank you both for the swift reply.

It says, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.15). So I guess I have to run update, which for some weird reason failed yesterday (left the laptop on overnight, gave out error 0x80070020).

Will retry now and get back here ! If/when I manage to update, can I delete the windows registry (CloudContent) I created, in case I experience problems with this key in the future ?

Once again thanks !

iparout, Mar 23, 2018
  7. ddelo Win User
    If you created the:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent]
    DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures=dword:00000001

then YES, you can export it (to be on the safe side) and then delete it, if you don't want it.

ddelo, Mar 23, 2018
  8. Win10 bloatware (candy crush etc) keep showing in Start Menu !

ThrashZone, Mar 23, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 23, 2018
  10. iparout Win User
    I would like to thank everyone for their help. It seems like it was a problem with the first revisions of windows after all. Installing the latest updates solved the problem and the apps do not keep re-installing !

Really appreciate the help, thanks once again !

iparout, Mar 24, 2018
  11. cereberus Win User
    The actual solution is very easy. Install Candy Crush, make sure it gets latest updates from Store, then uninstall it - you will not see it again.

cereberus, Mar 24, 2018
  12. iparout Win User
    Yeah... Looks like the apps were indeed trying to install, however a very slow boot sequence (for which I posted for help elsewhere on this forum) prevented them from doing so, and gave me the idea that the icons in the start menu were just links to the actual apps themselves.

Again, thanks to everyone for helping sorting it out.

iparout, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 bloatware (candy crush etc) keep showing in Start Menu !

1. Win10 bloatware (candy crush etc) keep showing in Start Menu ! - Similar Threads - Win10 bloatware candy

2. Deleted Candy Crush Saga and disabled the Start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Candy Crush Saga and disabled the Start menu: This is a last-ditch attempt to fix the issue before I nuke the PC from orbit and reinstall the OS. My tale of woe and stupidity: my HD was running out of space so I checked with WinDirStat to find out what was taking up space, and in addition to stuff I was able to archive,...
  3. candy crush

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    candy crush: hello! my name is mariem elmrabit,i'm student at high school technique, i'm from laayoune city in morocco, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/candy-crush/5de2b9bc-eb59-46f0-933a-0888cbfb1c53
  4. candy crush

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    candy crush: my e-mail to candy crush is ............................... but when i try to to the candy shop there is a different e-mail address that i do not recognize nor do i have any way to access the candy shop because i do not have the password. please help me i have been trying to...
  5. Candy Crush

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush: My issue is that when im playing Candy Crush (The one that came preinstalled on Windows 10) the game sometimes freezes. I want to reinstall it or find another way but i went to Control Panel and i can't see the game there. What should i do?...
  6. candy crush & candy crush soda

candy crush & candy crush soda: Hi, can you tell me why candy crush started crashing last month so it got unplayable & in the 7/10 days candy crush soda has started crashing??...
  7. candy crush keeps crashing

candy crush keeps crashing: Since last week. candy crush crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/candy-crush-keeps-crashing/6f98fb29-1648-4b1e-82a3-be9c103e8fa8
  8. Candy Crush keeps crashing

Candy Crush keeps crashing: Windows 10 Apps - Candy Crush keeps crashing. Never had a problem before but has done it multiple times today. Uninstalled and re-installed it but didn't fix it. I looked in the Event Viewer and found the application log Error, please advise from this.... Faulting...
  9. Candy Crush

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush: Out of interest, has anybody on this forum ever actually used it? 90652
  10. candy crush saga and other games keep reappearing in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    candy crush saga and other games keep reappearing in start menu: [img] it really disturbs me i right click on them and uninstall them and after a system reboot they are in the start menu again uninstalles like candy crush in the powershell with the command didint help and when i click on them it says pic releated [img] it doesnt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. candy crush keeps appearing in start menu

2. how toget rid of bloatware like candycrush

3. candy crush keeps showing up on start menu

4. start menu keeps showing candy crush,
  5. candy crush reappears start menu,
  6. windows 10 bloatware keeps coming back on restart,
  7. how to get rid of candy crush from new win 10 pc keeps coming back,
  8. cant remove candy crush from start menu,
  9. windows 10 candy crush app reappears in start menu after restart,
  10. candy crush on start menu not in stalled,
  11. cannot remove candy crush from start menu bloatware,