Windows 10: Win10 Boot Up Problem

Discus and support Win10 Boot Up Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All I have a problem when booting up PC screen comes up with time and date. it asks me to enter Pin or Password I set a pin when installing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shastus, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Shastus Win User

Win10 Boot Up Problem

Hi All
    I have a problem when booting up PC screen comes up with time and date. it asks me to enter Pin or Password I set a pin when installing the problem is the keyboard isn't operational to enter either.
    I did notice after a while a clock like symbol bottom right clicked on this and a option for on screen keyboard came up which I selected and entered my pin. Surely theirs a quicker way of entering my pin at start up?

Thanks

:)

Shastus, Aug 11, 2015

2. Win10 hangs before logon / fast startup / Multiboot issue?

Update: I may have located the problem. It looks as if the Win driver of a DVB-card that I recently installed causes the effect. I am using the card in Win10 as well as in openSuse, and everytime I do a "warm reboot" from openSuse to Win10 the card's Driver
    makes Win10 hang on boot.

If I deactivate the card in Device Manager or remove its driver completely, the boot problems are gone.

I contacted the vendor for help. We will see if they come up with an updated version....

fanformusik, Aug 11, 2015
  3. ToddKikis Win User
    clean boot install after tring everything i could find to fix CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

I upgraded from win7 to win10 then one day during an update had to restart comp. and got CRITICAL PROCESS DIED tried everything I could find to fix it but ended up getting worse tried to boot up and was missing my OS, so i tried to reinstall win10 the one
    to keep everything and didn't work then I tried the clean boot ,sacrificing everything I 've been downloading and setting up for the last month. clean boot worked finally,! got my win10 back(yea!)that lasted only a few mins. cause now win is saying my product
    key is not valid/active. how do I fix my newest problem. I really loved win10 but not so much now!

ToddKikis, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Win10 Boot Up Problem

1. Win10 Boot Up Problem - Similar Threads - Win10 Boot Problem

2. Boot-up Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot-up Problem: I am resetting my sister's laptop tonight, and I advice her to watch over her laptop and to not do anything on it. But after an hour she started complaining that the "Reseting PC" was stocked on 51% for already hours and it's not moving. And this is the reason my sister lost...
  3. Boot problems for win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot problems for win10: Hi. I have the error 0×c0000225.I tried to install ubuntu because win10 become to heavy because is an old laptop.Ubuntu is not install properly but was an error so now i have an error in boot.With "chkdsk c: /f /r" the file system is fat32 and volume ubuntu 20_0 wS...
  4. Boot problems for win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot problems for win10: Hi. I have the error 0×c0000225.I tried to install ubuntu because win10 become to heavy because is an old laptop.Ubuntu is not install properly but was an error so now i have an error in boot.With "chkdsk c: /f /r" the file system is fat32 and volume ubuntu 20_0 wS...
  5. Boot problems for win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Boot up problem

Boot up problem: My PC got into BSOD error . I have a bootable pendrive , in order to install window 10 into my Pc i plugged my bootable pendrive into usb port and followed the procedure as described.....I got into BIOS...and disabled secure boot key and pressed f10 to reset and save...
  7. Boot up problems

Boot up problems: I was trying to find my documents that were created on Windows 7. I was advised on the internet that I have to go to windows.old to recover my files, When I tried this the computer asked that II insert a Windows XP dis, which I do not have. I pushed the cancel button but the...
  8. Boot up problems

Boot up problems: I recently cloned a troubled hard drive to a new one but gotten errors such as C:\windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I have tried doing (Windows 10 Installation Media: Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart. Boot from the media. Select Repair Your...
  9. Boot up Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up Problem: I googled it and i am thinking it may be a virus so i going to wipe the HD and do an image recovery
  10. Boot up Problems

Boot up Problems: Hi Everyone I hope this post is in the right section - apologies if I have got it wrong. Have just replaced a very noisy main drive - cloned the existing drive to a new one - no problem. HOWEVER, when I start up, I am met with a 'this system need repair notice' (or words...