Windows 10: Win10 broke down and i tried to reinstall it but i screwed things up

Discus and support Win10 broke down and i tried to reinstall it but i screwed things up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Alright so my laptop gave up on life a week ago. I can't get into win10 due to a failure of system32, i don't know how it happened. I got a win10 usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shaw358, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Shaw358 Win User

Win10 broke down and i tried to reinstall it but i screwed things up

Alright so my laptop gave up on life a week ago. I can't get into win10 due to a failure of system32, i don't know how it happened.
    I got a win10 usb ready for my laptop and tried to install it, said install but after the restart it got in a loop of installing windows again and again.
    This probably happened because i changed the boot order so it started the usb first.
    After i put all the boot menu options back to normal i got the error that my windload.efi was missing.
    Formatted my entire drive and installled windows again, this time my bcd file wasn't correct or some stuff.
    I tried all the repair options in the install windows screen but nothing helped.
    I am currently NOT on secure boot and now my laptop won't even load in the win10 installation wizard anymore.

Laptop brand: Acer
    Laptop: Acer Aspire V nitro
    Specs: Core i5 4210-H, 16gb ddr3, gtx 860M, 1 tera HDD, 1080p screen.
    Using a 16gb usb
    Drive is currently gpt

So... what do i do...?
    Thank you in advance

:)

Shaw358, Jul 22, 2018
  2. N8inNYC Win User

N8 Broke Bottom Right

Mine broke the exact same way, after 18 months. Has anyone figured out a way to fix it themselves? Will screwing the mini screw tighter work? Any other suggestions? Super glue is not an option.

N8inNYC, Jul 22, 2018
  3. *RESOLUTION FOUND*Malwarebytes crashing on Win10 insider Bld. Rootkit related errors?

Ill try tomorrow am.
    Aside from OS reinstall, your suggestion is one of the only steps I haven't taken yet.

Im gonna get some sleep and come at this with a fresh head tomorrow

Thanks everyone

jboydgolfer, Jul 22, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 broke down and i tried to reinstall it but i screwed things up - Similar Threads - Win10 broke down

2. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  3. i broke a lot of things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i broke a lot of things: i moved my %appdata% folder, and now a lot of the windows 10 features won't work. reason for moving it: I was constantly running out of space on my windows partition and I don't have money to spend on a new hard drive with more space right now, but I did move it properly. I...
  4. I think I majorly screwed up...help!

I think I majorly screwed up...help!: A few days ago I purchased a new HDD & a set of RAM to update my (newish) laptop. Now I already had a single drive with Win10 Pro on it, encrypted with bitlocker. Happily I installed the new RAM & HDD (2nd slot), booted up & verified. All was working great. Now for the next...
  5. Trying to reinstall Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reinstall Win10: Hi I have a Dell desktop and recently was slowing down to a crawl. I suspected a "C" drive failure and after some diagnostic tools confirmed it was dying. I purchased a new 2 TB internal drive that I planned to replace the dying drive with but before I could clone the "C"...
  6. I screwed up.

I screwed up.: While trying to organize my hard drive partitions I converted my C: Drive into a dynamic disk. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to convert it back to a basic disk. the good news is that it is a relatively new system, so it doesn’t matter to me if I lose files in...
  7. Temporary profile. I accidentaly broke some things.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Temporary profile. I accidentaly broke some things.: Its hard to tell. But 2 days Ago I got a TEMP account. I didnt know what to do so I just looked at a tutorial on the web and deleted the 1-5-21.......bak and the files without bak. Now every time I restart my computer I only have a 1-5-21 file in regedit` without the bak...
  8. I think I screwed up, bad

in Windows 10 Support
    I think I screwed up, bad: Very new here so please forgive the lack of profile info/signature if required. I have a 500gb ssd that had windows on it and quite a lot on that drive (450ish GB of programs and files). I also had a few other ssd drives that I used as storage. The drive with Windows was...
  9. settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up

in Cortana
    settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up: can u keep settings from popping up every time i'm on line there it is. please remove ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-keeps-popping-up-on-every-page-i-visit/82b03a08-091d-442c-a037-9520740b84c1"
  10. Dual boot Win10 and XP screw up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win10 and XP screw up: I have a play system with Win10 installed and wanted to put XP on it as well and be able to dual boot. Of course I've done it the wrong way round and wonder if there's anyway to recover from my screw up without reloading WIn10, which is not a big deal anyway, just time...