Windows 10: Win10 BSOD: Thread Stuck in Device Driver after GPU upgrade

Discus and support Win10 BSOD: Thread Stuck in Device Driver after GPU upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, this is my first thread on your forum, which I'm following from quite some time since it offers nice solutions to common (and not common)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CPX, Jul 23, 2017.

1. CPX
    CPX Win User

Win10 BSOD: Thread Stuck in Device Driver after GPU upgrade

Hi Everyone, this is my first thread on your forum, which I'm following from quite some time since it offers nice solutions to common (and not common) problems.

I'm having a bad case of repeating BSODs with error code: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER.
    I followed all the instructions read on your forum but I'm helpless.... nothing seems to work.

I recently installed an ATI Radeon R7 2xx series and that is when the BSODs started. I needed an upgrade on GPU and I only had that GPU available.

Already done sfc/scannow twice;
    Already done Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) with both nVidia and AMD modes;

In safe mode everything works fine, obviously.

See the logs I attached following your BSOD - Posting Instructions *Smile

Hope you guys can help me, I'm available for any information you need.

Thank you again,

:)

2. howardc64 Win User

Legacy Geforce 6150se nforce 430 -- Random BSOD's with 1709

Same identical hardware and software issue here (6150SE GPU, NVidia 309.08 driver)

Found a better test than random BSOD, use Google earth. Runs perfect with Win10 1703, 1709 has rendering problem in main window (all black). Clearly something changed in graphics subsystem.

Left notes at link below. Entire thread BSOD with 6150SE GPU + 309.08 driver + Win10 1709 combination

Random blue screen after Windows 10 Fall Creators update - HP Support Forum

Also posted on Feedback app

howardc64, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Timmyctc Win User
    Timmyctc, Jul 23, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

The logs are in a foreign language. Please change the language to English as the default language so that the logs can be troubleshooted.
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    Please post a new zip: BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Your report states that you are using a Non Genuine copy of software
    This forum's Rules clearly state that help will not be provided to those using Non genuine Software.

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating software will inevitably change the working of software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: slmgr /dlv

zbook, Jul 23, 2017
  5. CPX
    CPX Win User
    Are you referring to the .dmp files or .txt?
    It's almost impossible for me to keep the PC on Windows even for 2 minutes.. I just tried 4 times but every time I go in the control panel, it reboots itself.
    Don't log files have the same structure? I mean, the first line is for the host name, the second line's for the OS, the third one's for OS' version etc etc...?

Thanks,

6. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: slmgr /dlv
    Using the Microsoft snipping tool post an image of the pop up into the thread.

zbook, Jul 23, 2017
  7. Genuine_Office.txt:

1. Open an elevated command prompt (cmd).
    2. In the elevated command prompt, copy & paste the command below, and press Enter:

Code: for /f "delims=|" %a in ('dir /B /S C:\*ospp.vbs') do cscript "%a" /dstatus > "%userprofile%\Desktop\Genuine_Office.txt"[/quote]
    zip Genuine_Office.txt (you find it on Desktop) and upload please.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 BSOD: Thread Stuck in Device Driver after GPU upgrade - Similar Threads - Win10 BSOD Thread

2. BSOD {THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER} AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD {THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER} AMD GPU: Hi there, i have this Lenovo Ideoad 110-15ISK laptop with specs : Core i.5 6200U8gb Ram Amd r5 m3304 days ago i was ; as per routine using my PC when suddenly everything froze and a BSOD with error Thread Stuck In Device Driver occured. My Amd Driver gave me [Time out error]...
  3. BSOD {THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER} AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD {THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER} AMD GPU: Hi there, i have this Lenovo Ideoad 110-15ISK laptop with specs : Core i.5 6200U8gb Ram Amd r5 m3304 days ago i was ; as per routine using my PC when suddenly everything froze and a BSOD with error Thread Stuck In Device Driver occured. My Amd Driver gave me [Time out error]...
  4. BSOD {THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER} AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver

BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver: I recently got my pc built and I've noticed that when I'm playing games or doing other stuff, it sometimes starts to feel a little choppy and laggy-ish and then it crashes giving the error Thread Stuck in Device DriverIt has happened alot of times with me, it works perfectly...
  6. BSOD thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD thread stuck in device driver: Hi, I have been getting the BSOD on my new pc. Here are the specs: Motherboard: asrock b450m hdv r4.0 Bios version p3.70 Cpu: ryzen 3 3200g part # yd3200c5fhbox Ram: 1x8gb gskill aegis 3000 mhz Ssd: kingston 120gb Psu: 400watt Os: windows 10 pro fully updated Drivers:...
  7. Thread stuck in device driver BSOD

Thread stuck in device driver BSOD: Hello everyone, I have been having this error while playing X-Plane 11. I am reinstalling it as I am typing. I updated all my drivers to the newest version including my RX Vega 54. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  8. BSOD Device driver stuck in thread

BSOD Device driver stuck in thread: Have no clue why i get this, all my drivers are updated to the newest. Here`s a link to a folder with my dump files and sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgdnkJ74kZzOlX34CFIrFWZBPnYQ?e=p12wbi...
  9. BSOD Thread stuck in device driver

BSOD Thread stuck in device driver: Here is my computer: A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core, FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker Occasionally when I'm multitasking on the computer, it will have this error: Attachment 99662 I will attach all logs in a compressed file for your viewing pleasure:...
  10. BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver

BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver: Every so often (once every two or three weeks) it's quite random, normally when playing games. The game normally freezes and then the BSOD occurs. I am quite good with computers on the basic side of things but all this BSOD solving seems quite complicated so I might get a...