Windows 10: win10 BSOD when idle, stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Discus and support win10 BSOD when idle, stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all. Starting from yesterday (26Nov), my win10 PC jumped to the blue screen whenever idle for some time. (Not sure if it's relevant though but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lingling000, Nov 26, 2016.

1. win10 BSOD when idle, stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Hi all.

Starting from yesterday (26Nov), my win10 PC jumped to the blue screen whenever idle for some time. (Not sure if it's relevant though but it never happened when I was actually using it)
    Stop code is SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    What failed: nvlddmkm.sys
    It never restarted after 100% complete in collecting errors. I had to press the main switch every time.

I haven't plugged in any new hardware these few days. The only thing new is I have downloaded a msg viewer on 25Nov. There was no BSOD on 25Nov even after long idle time. I only browsed some images and downloaded 1 image in the morning on 26Nov. Both that image and the msg viewer had been removed but the problem still exists.

Some other information which I'm not sure if they are relevant:
    -I have always turned Windows Defender off.
    -I have runned the sfc scannow and it seems alright.
    -Ran a full virus scan with Avast free antivirus and nothing found.
    -Failed to do a system recovery because it couldn't replace the AcroPDF.fll of my Adobe Acrobat Reader*Sad

Could anyone please help?

P.S. I am an idiot in these stuff so if there's anything I need to do could you kindly describe as detailed as possible?

Many thanks!

:)

lingling000, Nov 26, 2016
  2. Zukhrufa Win User

BSOD: System Service Exception (Error code: esif ls.sys)

I'd like to apologize if this problem had been brought up before but since I can't seem to find the answer and I want to make sure.

So, the BSOD has been reoccurring more often lately. It gets to a point where it occurs 3 times a day whether during use or even when it's idle. It says that the cause is System Service Exception and the error code is 'esif ls.sys'. I did try to look the
    error code up but I couldn't find anything. There were a lot of solutions to fix BSOD caused by 'system service exception' but it varies depending on the error code. I was wondering what exactly might be the cause and whether it might have the same solution
    to some other one with a different error code. Thank you.

Zukhrufa, Nov 26, 2016
  3. BSOD "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION..."

Hi Mark,

For possible resolution, you may try performing a clean boot. It will
    start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. Also, it helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Nov 26, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

win10 BSOD when idle, stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

The dumpfile also says Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+3e15b0 )

This is the driver for your geforce gpucard with Timestamp: Mon Aug 01 14:00:42 2016 (579F39EA)

Update to the latest version. and see if this solves your problem.

lifetec, Nov 26, 2016
  5. Thanks!*Smile*Smile
    I've just updated the driver and will try to leave it idle for longer and see what will happen.

lingling000, Nov 26, 2016
  6. It's idle for a few hours and no BSOD has been seen yet.
    I suppose it's alright now...
    Many thanks for your help! *Smile

lingling000, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

win10 BSOD when idle, stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

1. win10 BSOD when idle, stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - Similar Threads - win10 BSOD idle

2. stop code system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop code system thread exception not handled: today i was just chilling in discord on my laptop 5 months old and i launched valorant which i play eveday and i got this blue screen. i rebooted my pc ..and it turned on. what should i do now..?...
  3. stop code system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stop code system thread exception not handled: today i was just chilling in discord on my laptop 5 months old and i launched valorant which i play eveday and i got this blue screen. i rebooted my pc ..and it turned on. what should i do now..?...
  4. Stop code system thread exception not handled flymgr.sys

Stop code system thread exception not handled flymgr.sys: Just connected xfinity x fi gateway. Connection is working and so are tvs and phones connected to the internet. Turned on computer and got the stop code error and a blue screen. Not sure if this is due to the new modem. Tried restarting it several times and tried to get some...
  5. Stop code system thread exception not handled flymgr.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code system thread exception not handled flymgr.sys: Just connected xfinity x fi gateway. Connection is working and so are tvs and phones connected to the internet. Turned on computer and got the stop code error and a blue screen. Not sure if this is due to the new modem. Tried restarting it several times and tried to get some...
  6. BSOD Stop Code: System thread exception not handled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Stop Code: System thread exception not handled.: Can somebody please guide me on how to fix this issue. My laptop "always" crashes now when I share my screen in a Teams Meeting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled/e9b304d0-f562-4c39-a2ff-9a473336299d
  7. BSOD Stop Code: System thread exception not handled.

BSOD Stop Code: System thread exception not handled.: Can somebody please guide me on how to fix this issue. My laptop "always" crashes now when I share my screen in a Teams Meeting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled/e9b304d0-f562-4c39-a2ff-9a473336299d
  8. BSoD Stop Code: BthA2dp.sys and system thread exception not handled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Stop Code: BthA2dp.sys and system thread exception not handled.: HiI know there have already been answers on this topic, but the solutions couldn't help my case. First off, I have an MSI Bravo 15 laptop with R5-4600H and R5500M, 16G RAM. It is throwing up a BSoD with the stop codes mentioned in the subject. This originally happened a month...
  9. Stop Code: System thread Exception Not Handled

Stop Code: System thread Exception Not Handled: Dear HP Support team, I am having an issue with my laptop Model Info: HP Pavilion-17-ab292ms. Issue Details: from time to time, the laptop reboot by itself and showing the attached photo "blue screen with some errors found, and Stop Code: System thread Exception Not...
  10. BSOD message, "Stop code: System Thread Exception Not Handled"

BSOD message, "Stop code: System Thread Exception Not Handled": Greetings community: I have a bit of an issue. My new build is caught in a BSOD death loop. I cant even break it to do a clean install on the SSD. I have removed all the peripherals from the MOBO except the monitor and the keyboard and ,mouse. Everything I try is not working....