Windows 10: Win10 bug: white background in modern app + no icon in explorer

Discus and support Win10 bug: white background in modern app + no icon in explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, I'm having this problem with modern app icons, it happened after I entered the insider program, the profile of my account was corrupted, I Logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kouta77, Aug 2, 2016.

1. kouta77 Win User

Win10 bug: white background in modern app + no icon in explorer

hi, I'm having this problem with modern app icons, it happened after I entered the insider program, the profile of my account was corrupted, I Logged into a windows account, and when I go back to mine, the icons where like that...
    and, if I try to search for some app in cortana, it also appear without icon(not blank, but with a generic file icon). I installed the anniversary updated and it did not fixed it.
    Win10 bug: white background in modern app + no icon in explorer [​IMG]

Hope someone can help me, I can't deal with this *Sad

:)

kouta77, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Keerah Win User

After Upgrading to The Anniversary all modern apps icons are white

After Upgrading to The Anniversary Win 10 update all modern apps icons on my both PCs became white.

Even in the the taskbar menu the icon for settings is white. They actually have the icon sign which is white, but it's on white background. Edge's sign is blue (on the taskbar) but has a white box background as well. But icons that are white are completely
    indistinguishable, and thus almost unusable.

I saw some people report this issue on Win 10, some of them solved it by gaining read access to WindowsApps folder (just by entering it with confirming the access) in Program Files folder. But my system denies any access to it. What should I do, it really
    breaks the experience.

Creating a new user leads to the same problem, and I definitely don't use high contrast mode

Please do not suggest Icon cache rebuild, SFC check and the script fixing Modern Apps. I've already tried them all. It's a bug

Keerah, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Packov Win User
    Nokia Evolve Theme on E52

I have installed Nokia Evolve theme from OVI Store and I am excited about it. It is modern looking and fast responding. Unfortunately, there are some bugs (I think) about showing white text on white background.

Let's take Mail for Exchange for example. The mail-list background is white and so is the text font. I can only read day captions, since there is black text on grey background. If I highlight one email, the background of that selected text gets blue and
    I get to see white text, of course.

The other bug is when I rotate my phone to landscape. The main screen elements get correctly rotated, just the bottom line is now in white color and date and hour is in white text, so it is hardly to be seen.

My phone has the latest firmware and all other applications updated.

Any ideas?

Packov, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 2, 2016
  5. kouta77 Win User
    kouta77, Aug 2, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 bug: white background in modern app + no icon in explorer - Similar Threads - Win10 bug white

2. white icons background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  3. white icons background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  4. Icon backgrounds in dark mode are white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon backgrounds in dark mode are white: I believe this started with Windows version 2004 but only these two programs seem to look weird. I tried to re-add the shortcuts manually but that did nothing. I also tried to reinstall premiere and audition but that also did nothing. Changing modes to light hides the problem...
  5. File Explorer bugs and shows all icons as white pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer bugs and shows all icons as white pages: This issue has been bugging me for a few weeks now. Somethimes I'm searching for files, saving a work or opening some documents and suddenly the file explorer stops searching. When I look at my desktop, all my icons turn into blank pages and then the files on my windows...
  6. File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White Background: Just recently updated Windows 10 to version 1903. Now my file explorer is black and white and the search bar near the top is white text on white background. I've used Dark Mode but I've never had this issue. How can I fix this?...
  7. App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?

App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?: Since about November, all the icons of my UWP Apps on two of my PCs! suddenly appeared to be "broken". [ATTACH] This is what they look like on the Taskbar [ATTACH] And this is what i get on the search results. Right now they display the default image icon of my Photo...
  8. Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?: Since Windows 10 1909, i've had this issue on two completely different devices. The tasbkar icons of all UWP apps (store apps as well as settings app etc) will suddenly get a white baclground, making many of them unreadable. I already deleted iconcahce.db, but it changed...
  9. Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.

Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.: Hi, My desktop icons fonts are in white. Can't read on white background. Have latest Windows 10 home update. Please advise. Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-font-in-white-cant-read-on-white/8d4eef1a-3233-4e69-85bd-7bcb7cfa1ae4
  10. Windows Apps Icons with white background

Windows Apps Icons with white background: Hello folks, it's the time of the year again - the fresh install of my machine is nearly complete. However, this time, I have applied the Turquoise Icon Set (Turquoise 1.3). While it works flawless on the icons in my explorer.exe, it has messed up the Windows App...