Windows 10: win10 cannot see a hard drive added in.

Discus and support win10 cannot see a hard drive added in. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; had a hard drive problem so took it out of that machine and added it into mine so's i could run seatools on it. but it doesn't appear in the list.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Apr 9, 2017.

1. abrogard Win User

win10 cannot see a hard drive added in.

had a hard drive problem so took it out of that machine and added it into mine so's i could run seatools on it.

but it doesn't appear in the list.

how can i get win10 to see it? i had a thing like this once before but i've forgotten the procedure...

:)

abrogard, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Jim6502 Win User

Cannot Access files on a bootable external hard drive win10

I have two bootable hard drives, both running win10, and would like to transfer documents from one to the other.

The second drive is in an external hard drive enclosure. I cannot see the second drive in File Explorer or other file managers, but it is seen using EraseUs Partition Manager, or Open Devices and Printers in the system Tray where I can eject drives. Is
    there an approach where I can see both drives?

Jim

Jim6502, Apr 9, 2017
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 9, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Bree, Apr 9, 2017
  5. abrogard Win User
    Well here's a screenshot of the disk manager. It is not there. So I've attached a shot of the seatools screen. It doesn't find it either.

There's an expansion seagate. That's not it.

And there's another seagate on the seatools screen. That's the C: drive really. Wrong serial number for this missing drive which should be Z9AC3393

win10 cannot see a hard drive added in. [​IMG]

win10 cannot see a hard drive added in. [​IMG]

p.s.

it could be my sata ports, I guess? I've tried it in two different ones. On my next shutdown I might pull an existing drive and try this one in that known good port.

abrogard, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. win10 cannot see a hard drive added in. - Similar Threads - win10 cannot hard

2. Is there a way to see the newest files added to your hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to see the newest files added to your hard drive?: My hard drive just lost around 10 gb, and I honestly don’t know what’s taking it up. At this point, my C: drive is only around 4 gb of open space. Is there a way to see what was recently added to it so I can delete it? On another note, why is there so little space in my C:...
  3. Added External hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Added External hard drive: I recently added an external hard drive to be able to download windows updates since the computer hard drive is so small. At first the windows only took a few GBs but now it is at almost 2 TBs. Why is it taking up so much space and how can I free up some of that space?...
  4. Is there any way to get Win10 to see a hard drive from Win7?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to get Win10 to see a hard drive from Win7?: I have a 3TB hard disk that was my archive drive for all the video and audio media files on my Media-Centre PC which is a Win7 OS When I installed it as an internal drive on my current machine it is connected in the BIOS but Win10 OS it does not show in File Explorer, Disk...
  5. Trouble Adding New Hard Drive

Trouble Adding New Hard Drive: I'm trying to add a new hard drive and am having problems. I can see the drive in Device Manager, but it is not showing up in Disk Management. Also, when I go to DiskPart > List Disk it isn't showing. I've tried updating the driver in Device Manager and I've also...
  6. Adding a hard drive to an inherited computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adding a hard drive to an inherited computer: Good Afternoon, I inherited my father's computer after his passing. I do not need 2 computers but need his to help my mom run the household. I would like to add to my harddrive to his now my computer. Basically combining our two systems. After much struggling, I finally got...
  7. My External Hard Drive was Migrated and Cannot see my old data on my hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My External Hard Drive was Migrated and Cannot see my old data on my hard drive: Hi Sir, My external hard drive migrated due to the downloading of windows 10 setup via media creation tool. and now my hard drive is no longer shows the data stored in it as well as it stop showing its full storage. And now also, it shows only a 32gb drive named ESD-USB. i...
  8. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool: Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to that drive. How do I find out what applications need to be closed...
  9. Partitions added on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions added on hard drive: I have updated both my laptop and desktop to windows 1803. The SSD on laptop has one additional partition added and my desktop HDD has three additional partitions added. Updated from 1709 to 1803. Both computers have EFI. Both computers work very good but why did 1803 add...
  10. Moving win10 hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving win10 hard drive: I want to build another computer. Is it possible to move my existing Windows 10 hard drive to my new motherboard without having to format and reinstalling windows 10? Will everything boot up as before?*Rolleyes 54214