Windows 10: Win10 Clean Install Creates Extra Profile

Discus and support Win10 Clean Install Creates Extra Profile in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I did a clean install of Win10 x64 after completely wiping the HDD clean using diskpart...clean all. Everything installed ok it seems,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by scop8, Feb 18, 2018.

1. scop8 Win User

Win10 Clean Install Creates Extra Profile

Hello,

I did a clean install of Win10 x64 after completely wiping the HDD clean using diskpart...clean all.

Everything installed ok it seems, but for an extra mysterious profile, so there are three where there always used to be two in any installation:

Default Profile - always there before, cannot 'change type' or 'delete', can only 'copy to'
    DEKTOP - ....\[my user name] - always there before, can only 'change type', not 'delete' or 'copy to'

and the new one between them:

DESKTOP - ...\defaultuser0 - which allowed the 'delete' option.

When I went into C: - Users -- it had all three, so I clicked on the new one above and it stated I needed elevated permissions to access. I clicked 'cancel' and it just... disappeared. It is now also gone in System Properties - Advanced - User Profiles.

I have no idea whether this is 'normal', if there is anything else I should do or check, or if the installation is buggy. Suggestions? Thanks very much.

:)

scop8, Feb 18, 2018

2. Personalized settings (not responding) after installing cumulative updates

I had this issue first time I was upgrading to Win10 and sometimes happens as a day before!

I resolved this by:

1) logged to "clean profile" (default profile I usually don't use, but created to check if win updates are working and have only default stuff)

2) uninstalled AVAST (anti virus)

3) reboot Win10 after that

4) didn't get "Personalized settings" not responding message but the profile logged just fine

5) installed Avast back again

Hope this helps!

FunKeiserSoze, Feb 18, 2018
  3. quick way of adjusting ringer volume on n900

nope. not that i know of! but that is why i have installed the proflesx (extended profiles manager.

then you can create all kinds of custom profiles and do a quick swap from the main desktop menu.

if you have rootsh installed and the
    EXTRAS-DEVEL
    &
    EXTRAS-TESTING
    installed and enabled:

open xterm

sudo gainroot

apt-get install profilesx

enjoy, hope that helped.

ceroberts75, Feb 18, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

The defaultuser0 is a temporarily system account. When your installation is finished and OOBE (Windows Welcome) starts asking for your region, keyboard layout and you to create initial user account, Windows 10 is already fully functional. To function, it needs a user account which at this point you have not created yet.

To be able to function, Windows 10 creates a temporary user defaultuser0. This temporary user account allows Windows to function, OOBE to continue letting you to select your region and setup your initial user account. When done, the account defaultuser0 will become useless, is no longer needed. It will be automatically deleted latest at first reboot.

The presentation in following quote is from our thread Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums. Watch it in full screen to see embedded screenshots:

Thema:

1. Win10 Clean Install Creates Extra Profile - Similar Threads - Win10 Clean Install

2. Clean Install W10 - Says to Debloat before User Profile Created?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install W10 - Says to Debloat before User Profile Created?: Hi All, I've been reading some of the Win10 debloat tools. Windows10DeBloater says: "This script should be ran before a user profile is configured, otherwise you will likely see that apps that should have been removed will remain, and might find broken tiles on the start...
  3. Issues with clean Win10 Install

Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  4. How to get a clean install of Win10

How to get a clean install of Win10: Hello, I have a Lenovo notebook that's running slowly due to a monitor driver situation. I ran reset from Win10 settings which didn't help. Then I used Win media tool to make a boot usb and reloaded Win10. This didn't work either. Neither one even removed the desktop...
  5. Extra user profile labeled "John"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extra user profile labeled "John": A separate user profile labeled "John" has shown up on my laptop. I have tried removing it and it seems to be gone but then comes back later. If I click on it, it seems to be a new blank-slate profile, but I am still concerned some sort of spyware may be on my laptop of...
  6. Windows install created an extra incorrect user when installing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows install created an extra incorrect user when installing: Windows hung when installing and created these users: C:\Users\17203 C:\Users\Adam Adam only has one folder AppData, with subfolders ending with TextHarvester.dat 17203 has all of the correct stuff, but I have no idea what this is. I believe I should only have Adam and...
  7. oobe error at win10 clean install

oobe error at win10 clean install: hello i am working on a old pc and get an weird error ik do a clean install with an original downloaded windows 10 iso so not cracket ore unattende bur original ik have to do a 32 bit install because it is a dell dual core p4 2.8 ghz and at 64 bits install it reports cannot...
  8. Can’t boot clean install of Win10

Can’t boot clean install of Win10: i have a dual boot setup and was not able to complete updates on one of the os’s so decided to do a clean install of it with the new update. Used a dvd install after downloading the iso file from MS, the install finished and i was able to get through the initia setup of the...
  9. BSOD off clean install of Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD off clean install of Win10: After installing windows 10, I am unable to get past the option select screen for timezone/keyboard languages and such without a critical process failure/bsod. Often times I will not even get that far, and it will simply crash the moment it boots. I have already attempted...
  10. Clean install Win10 with Update?

Clean install Win10 with Update?: I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing old software no longer needed, clearing out drivers and other files no longer used, etc. I'm curious how this sort of install...