Windows 10: Win10 creators update - can i opt out of it?

Discus and support Win10 creators update - can i opt out of it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ask because i only have 406GB out of 465GB. And keeping track of memory usage is high priority. Although i do have one big system update set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pathfinder, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Win10 creators update - can i opt out of it?

I ask because i only have 406GB out of 465GB. And keeping track of memory usage is high priority. Although i do have one big system update set to install later today, its on hold...

:)

Pathfinder, Aug 31, 2017

2. Creator's Update opt out?

Is there any way I can completely opt out of the Creator's Update for Win10?

Because last time my computer tried to download and install it, it crashed my computer forcing me to have to reset it to a previous working version. I was able to opt out for a few months with the defer option, but I am back to be hassled by it again.

Midnightlost01, Aug 31, 2017
  3. How can I opt out of W 10 upgrade? The opt out page flashes by so fast it doesn't register.

Ok, I've done this but it continues to reinstall KB3035583

Now what?

Sherry O'Brian, Aug 31, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Win10 creators update - can i opt out of it?

@Pathfinder, as pointed out on one of your other threads...
    can i delete "windows old files" ?

...that's just 13% of your disk space in use at present. You don't have any disk space issues to worry about.

5. ok, but the WCU...is it ok to not get it? or should I go ahead when its ready to install

Pathfinder, Aug 31, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Tens, if not hundreds of millions of other users have with no problems. And if you have plans to use the entire remaining 400 GB of free space for data files, I would very strongly suggest that you not use the same partition as Windows is installed on to do so, and I would almost as strongly suggest not even using the same physical drive that Windows is installed on. If that 400+ GB of data you are planning on saving is important at all, then I would suggest using an external RAID 1 array of at least two drives that will keep your 400+ GB data automatically mirrored between two disks so if one fails, you won't lose everything.

NavyLCDR, Aug 31, 2017
  7. so iam hinting here, to get it.. hmm

Pathfinder, Aug 31, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Are you doing regular system image backups of your computer? That's more important than your (nonexistent) free space issue.

NavyLCDR, Aug 31, 2017
  9. iam not doing any sys backups at present. even sys protection (restore point) is turned off.

Pathfinder, Aug 31, 2017
  10. is this the creator update?

Win10 creators update - can i opt out of it? [​IMG]

Pathfinder, Aug 31, 2017
  11. roy111 Win User
    To answer you 1st question, you cannot opt out of win 10 upgrade
    be it creators or fall upgrade.
    Version 1703 is creators upgrade/date

roy111, Aug 31, 2017
  12. too bad. guess ill have to grin and bear it and install.

Pathfinder, Aug 31, 2017
  13. roy111 Win User

Resistance is futile

Win10 creators update - can i opt out of it? [​IMG]

roy111, Aug 31, 2017
  14. Is this the first time you've been offered it on windows update? I'm still waiting for windows update to offer mine. Am surprised that roll out is still going on with a new feature update soon to arrive in October but clearly they are still drip feeding it out. Quite a few people I know are still not getting it. But from what I have seen of it/read it seems a good update and pretty safe to roll with it.

Scottyboy99, Aug 31, 2017
  15. yes, its first time for me. and to get it now, surprised me. ok, i think later this afternoon, i will go ahead and install, since the borg told me, resistance is futile

Pathfinder, Aug 31, 2017
Thema:

1. Win10 creators update - can i opt out of it? - Similar Threads - Win10 creators update

2. Can I opt out of the windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I opt out of the windows 11 upgrade?: Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-opt-out-of-the-windows-11-upgrade/076fd126-f35b-433a-8604-e9d60afd45d0
  3. Can I opt out of the windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I opt out of the windows 11 upgrade?: Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-opt-out-of-the-windows-11-upgrade/076fd126-f35b-433a-8604-e9d60afd45d0
  4. I can't opt out of Insider updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't opt out of Insider updated: When I go to Windows Updates/ Insider, it says I am a member via my email. When I try to leave the program, it says there is no Insider account associated with my email?...
  5. I can't opt out of Insider updated

I can't opt out of Insider updated: When I go to Windows Updates/ Insider, it says I am a member via my email. When I try to leave the program, it says there is no Insider account associated with my email?...
  6. How can I opt out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I opt out: Problem solved - I don't want these e-nails anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-opt-out/b8cbf36c-4347-4d48-9208-c4a8b6e7c0df
  7. How can I opt out

How can I opt out: Problem solved - I don't want these e-nails anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-opt-out/b8cbf36c-4347-4d48-9208-c4a8b6e7c0df
  8. Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade?: I have 2 older laptops Acer Aspire and Toshiba Satellite that work in Windows 10 but don't meet minimum requirements for Windows 11 and I cannot afford a new laptop or even parts to upgrade the processor...
  9. Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade?

Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade?: I have 2 older laptops Acer Aspire and Toshiba Satellite that work in Windows 10 but don't meet minimum requirements for Windows 11 and I cannot afford a new laptop or even parts to upgrade the processor...
  10. Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade