Windows 10: Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs

Discus and support Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, Since updating to the Win 10 CU my PC's Restarting screen sits there and won't proceed to the reboot for precisely 65 seconds. I've timed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Todd, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Todd Win User

Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs

Hi all,

Since updating to the Win 10 CU my PC's Restarting screen sits there and won't proceed to the reboot for precisely 65 seconds. I've timed it several times with my watch.

In my old install of Anniversary Update it would only take about 5 seconds before it went from the Restarting screen to the reboot.

Win 10 CU has added about 60 seconds to my rebooting process.

I went to the old Win 7 Quick Restart registry fixes and installed them but they make no difference.

I have used the Ultimate Windows Tweaker v 4.2.2 and used its Performance Tweaks to set the Timeout to Kill Unresponsive Programs tweaks but they seem ineffective on the CU, which version 4.2.2 was released to deal with. Go figure ...

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks!

:)

2. Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

After a while , local network connections are lost and restart hangs (creator update)

דודאביעד, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Windows Mobile Device Center and Windows 10

It was the Win10 Creative Update that stopped Mobile Device Center from working. Mobile Device Center now hangs on it's open screen and won't run or connect to my Topcon FC500 data collector.

garynelson_007, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs

Hi Todd.

I assume you have reviewed all your drivers since the upgrade. Not recommending latest or greatest, may have re-install some Asus specific drivers.

Not sure you going to like my second idea but have you considered a Clean install.

Might be a lot of work and no guarantee it fixes things. It does get the cob webs out.

Should you try either suggestions above I strongly recommend you have your data backed up and a System Image created with a tool like Macrium Reflect. If things head south you will at least want to get back to where you are today. I would also document which nvidia driver you are using and secure it before you start.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 25, 2017
  5. Todd Win User
    Hi Ken,

Yes, I've done everything you have suggested except the clean install. Ugh--I don't want to do the latter! Everything is up to date, including all the drivers.

It has to be something in the order of things closed at reboot time. Something is hanging around for a full minute but I don't know what or how to find it.

6. When you power up do you have same lag? Are you using Windows Fast Startup.

I'm not sure how you got to CU but like a number of the machines I maintain I went from 7 to the first release of 10, then onto 1511, then 1607 and finally 1703. Normally I wouldn't upgrade a device with four OS updates. Wish I had a better solution then clean install.

I would still look at drivers and maybe roll back some to the Asus version.

Additionally, have you checked your Event logs for the time period of the boot? It may indicate what is giving it grief.

Caledon Ken, Apr 26, 2017
  7. Todd Win User
    No, it boots in about 17 seconds, just like it did previously.

I can't remember the last clean install either but other than the restart anomaly, it runs fine. I don't think it has anything to do with the Asus drivers but I could be wrong.

I did check the Event logs a few days ago but they are all gone now and only today's Events are visible. *Sad

I might just have to do a clean install but I hate the idea of losing so many free programs and utilities that I got which will no longer work when you do a reinstall.

8. Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs

Well give it some time, I'm sure the event viewer will have some info.

When I say Asus drivers I do mean the drivers for your hardware. Some vendor tweak supplier drivers.

I know what you mean about clean installing.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs

1. Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs - Similar Threads - Win10 Creators Update

2. Hanging at 'Restarting'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hanging at 'Restarting': My Windows 10 PC hangs at the 'Restarting' screen when installing updates or just restarting the computer. It eventually completes the update or restart, but it takes far too long. The computer is a year old and did not do this until after an update several months ago. How...
  3. Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update: Hey guys I just got done installing the Creator's Update and whenever I log in to any profile it just hangs at a black screen with a dialog saying "Preparing to delete from Programs" along with "Discovered 0 items (0 bytes...). It's done it on both local and active directory...
  4. Teamviewer hangs Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teamviewer hangs Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update: Hello! I have recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition 32-bit (v1607) to Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update 32-bit (v1706). One thing I noticed is that TeamViewer hangs after a few seconds when I connect to the laptop remotely from another computer....
  5. Creators Update Hangs at 23%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update Hangs at 23%: i've had 4 out of 5 tried end up unsucessfull the only time it completed some of the tweaks for making 10 look like 7, caused 10 to no longer "Sign in" (i'd give my password then brought back to Sign in screen) i understand this is an issue atm, has anyone had a working...
  6. All browsers hang after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers hang after Creators Update: Hi, My PC was working flawlessly before Windows 10 Creators Update. A week or two after the update, my default browser (Opera) started to hang when loading a webpage and says "Not Responding" quite often. While letting the browser in the "Not Responding" state, I opened...
  7. WIN10] Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN10] Windows 10 Creators Update: Can someone explain what this is all about. Windows 10 Creators Update expected to arrive in April - The Verge How about just a plain ole everyday system that works. 73915
  8. MMC.exe after Creators Update briefly hangs

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC.exe after Creators Update briefly hangs: I noticed a minor issue after upgrading my 7-year old Lenovo ThinkPad to the Creators Update. In wandering through Device Manager to see what drivers may have been updated, I noticed that on occasion when I clicked on the "Driver" tab of a particular device, it would not...
  9. Win10 Creator update 60-30 FPS

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Creator update 60-30 FPS: 2 days ago i updated to creator..had to update video drivers,but since then in mostly all games i get that fps drops to 30 for like 10 seconds and goes back to 60..that comes and goes...VERY annoying disabled any win10 "gaming" bull* "Disable fullscreen optimizations"...
  10. Win10 Creators Update - Admin Command Prompt - ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Creators Update - Admin Command Prompt - ?: How do you access/get to the Admin Command Prompt in the newest Win10 Creators update? Its Window Start Key > cmd > Right Click Command Prompt (Run as Admin) is that correct? 84529