Windows 10: Win10 deleted video. Does Win10 keep in cache temp folder? Restore op?

Discus and support Win10 deleted video. Does Win10 keep in cache temp folder? Restore op? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi,I transferred (cut and paste) a very important video that I took this morning via USB cable from Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 to Win 10 Pc. I played it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aussiejo, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Aussiejo Win User

Win10 deleted video. Does Win10 keep in cache temp folder? Restore op?

Hi,I transferred (cut and paste) a very important video that I took this morning via USB cable from Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 to Win 10 Pc. I played it once on Win10 and went away from PC. When I came back the file was gone. I can see the link in "recent documents" on PC but it says that file dos not exist. It is not in recycling bin. I have tried recovery software on both phone and PC but they could not find it. Does anyone know if Win10 or Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 keeps a cache or temp file of videos played or have any other recovery ideas? I have tried System Restore Point but there are no points available to restore from and my phone was not backed up since 2016. I know, very bad of me. Any other ides as to how to get the video back would be great. And why did Win10 delete this video?ThanksJ

:)

Aussiejo, Jan 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 will not delete temp files.

I have read every post that I can find about Win10 disk cleanup not deleting temp files. Like every one else the file keeps growing and taking up my space. Can I download Win 8 and delete Win10 and run scandisk in Win8 to clear up space?

DonnaMyers1, Jan 26, 2018
  3. Fall Creators Update needs more space than I can free up on 32GB tablet, never asks for me to select external temp storage

Why does Windows never ask me to connect an external drive to extend the space on my hard drive temporarily while the Fall Creators Update is being installed? I have already cleaned up all of the user, temp, cache and Windows temp files I can using the
    Win10 disk cleanup tools.

DavidApfel, Jan 26, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it depends if you actually saved the file on your PC's disk. I don't know how you accessed it to play it. I would have thought the shortcut you can see will tell you the location used.

If you did, then normally it should still be there as you expect.

System Restore is completely irrelevant- that does NOT back up data. It deals with system files, updates, drivers and the registry.

dalchina, Jan 26, 2018
  5. Aussiejo Win User
    Hi DalChina,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I saved it to a folder on my Desktop using the original file name it was stored under on the Samsung. I played it from desktop once the Cut and Copy was complete and it worked fine. I then left the computer and came back and the file was not in the folder anymore. I can see the file greyed out in Recent Documents and when I try and click on it is says that the file location is not there. I have searched the file name on computer but found nothing.

Aussiejo, Jan 26, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    If you rt click, Properties the Quick Access shortcut you should see the path.
    Please post that.

To very quickly find a file on your PC a 3rd party (free) tool is often recommended here.
    I prefer Locate32 (which also handles FAT32)- many prefer Everything by void tools (which doesn't) and uses more background resources.
    Ultrasearch is another.

These initially index all your disks quite quickly (not file contents) and are updated subsequently.

Extremely convenient.

(Windows search also indexes content but is far less intuitive)

dalchina, Jan 26, 2018
  7. Aussiejo Win User
    Hi Dal,

Right click says file is in the desktop folder, however it is not there. I have downloaded the above program but unfortunately it could not find it. Win10 did something weird yesterday as well. I had a folder of songs that went missing. I found it in recent files and it said it was on desktop however it was not. Luckily I was able to right click copy and paste and put a new folder full of the songs on desktop. Very strange.

Aussiejo, Jan 26, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

Have a look at your Update History. Post a screenshot. Was there an update at that time?

Also download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and use it to check your disk. Gives a very clear indication.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 deleted video. Does Win10 keep in cache temp folder? Restore op? - Similar Threads - Win10 deleted video

2. Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro: I have two folders shown in my explorer but when I try to delete them i get an error message that they do not exist. I can open the folders and se files in them but they can not be deleted. How do I delete the "ghostfolders"?...
  3. 20+gb temp folder win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20+gb temp folder win10: seriously? it's filled with event log files... noitced it after my c drive got to 0 bytes left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20gb-temp-folder-win10/8b2bd149-62ba-4196-960c-9d4511a77799
  4. 20+gb temp folder win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20+gb temp folder win10: seriously? it's filled with event log files... noitced it after my c drive got to 0 bytes left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20gb-temp-folder-win10/8b2bd149-62ba-4196-960c-9d4511a77799
  5. 20+gb temp folder win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Restoring temp folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring temp folder.: My fiancée is always trying to makes her stock laptop computer personalized. In the process she somehow deleted the temp save folder location so now we can’t install things downloaded from the internet. Can someone help me fix this? submitted by /u/CheetosAddict [link]...
  7. Win10 Deleted Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Deleted Folders: I have Windows 10 Pro v1909 18363.1802 My SSD boot drive C: has 10GB free of 74. Abruptly last weekend there was like 20 minutes of continuous drive activity. There was no message or alert from Windows. After the drive activity, everything continued fine. HOWEVER, when I...
  8. WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER: Hi, The problem is tha when a create a new folder, or delete one, I need to press F5 refresh in order to see the changes... Thanks a lot! Dante...
  9. Win10 TEMP folder is corrupted and clogged and unusable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 TEMP folder is corrupted and clogged and unusable: The TEMP folder on my PC laptop cannot be opened because it is "corrupted." Is it OK to (1) rename that folder to TEMPDELETE, (2) create a fresh TEMP folder, and then (3) delete TEMPDELETE? I've read how to create a batch file to automatically clear out the TEMP folder on...
  10. [Onedrive & win10]]Want to completely Move temp and cache folder to external harddrive and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Onedrive & win10]]Want to completely Move temp and cache folder to external harddrive and...: Most of Pc and laptop using SSD now, but it could be dead really fast if u keep deleting and writing stuff rapidly. I am using Onedrive on my tablet and laptop, and there is a preinstall SSD hard drive, it is almost impossible for unprofessional and normal people like us to...