Windows 10: Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen

Discus and support Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there ! soo I installed desktop gadget for my win 10 and for some weird reason when I am in dota 2 menu and then go back to desktop (windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yurneo, Aug 9, 2015.

1. yurneo Win User

Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen

Hello there !

soo I installed desktop gadget for my win 10 and for some weird reason when I am in dota 2 menu and then go back to desktop (windows button or alt+tab) my gadgets (default windows gadgets) calendar, weather and CPU&RAM meter turns black like there is only buttons on right top side of it... but when I move across weather gadget with cursor it just clear itself rest two are black calendar complete and under CPU&RAM meter is something like black panel and when I press button for changing size it fix itself but its kinda annoying almost everytime same odd bug any ideas how to fix it ??? never had this problem before on my win 7...

Thanks for your help

:)

yurneo, Aug 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 TaskBar (Start)

Anyway i just wanted to ask if someone can develop a Win10 TaskBar(Start) so called gadget or app in the store that can be used as a Clock on Desktop or in the taskbarit self and im not talking about the one in the right corner im talking about a one in
    the start or on the desktop background,it might be helpful if someone is multi tasking in screens like im doing i really get lost in time when i do allot of work,hope someone invents it anytime soon because there really aren't any gadgets in this OS ,thanks

NikolaNesic, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Black Screen after Windows 10 update, even in safe mode.

I have performed Safe Mode (with Low Resolution graphic), several ways:

• First by pressing Shift, while choosing Restart (on the Login screen, which is the only GUI I see) and the go to Advanced Mode. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    • Second, booted dowloaded Win10 DVD ISO from USB drive, and selected Repair. Then choosed the same Advanced Mode - Boot with Low Resolution graphic. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    The suggested Control Panel setting, or changes to settings: Its impossible. I have no GUI to get to Control Panel !

Several Boot attempts, after having battery removed for a while, is also giving Result: Black Screen after login succeeds.

I have a tiny Asus - Power left, gadget presenting itself, after Login. No Desktop, Black Screen.

Trying to start Task Scheduler (Ctrol+ Alt + Delete) shows the options: Logoff, Lock, etc

But choosing Task Scheduler shows the 'timer clock' for a few moments, and the screen gets black again.

My remaining hope, is a BIOS update may help...

Rosenberg-IT, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen

Did you install this program by chance?

8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10

If you have, it has not been updated yet to fully support Windows 10. There is only some Windows 10 TP support in it, however things might have gotten broken in the RTM version of Windows 10 with all the new patches coming along. Best thing is to message the author or just wait it out unfortunately.

heyyahblah, Aug 9, 2015
  5. yurneo Win User
    yea thats exactly what I installed on my rig soo you say I just must wait for some patch to fix it and actually cant do nothing about it btw I downloaded it from some other site soo I am not sure if that was latest version soo I am gonna try this one from their site

yurneo, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Well it says on his page right here:

The last update was on May 29, 2015. That was over 2 months ago, around that time Windows 10 was still a Technical Preview in the v10037 around there, since then it has gone through numerous changes, plus a release to public, plus patches and fixes, plus a big update last week (325MB), and finally SR1 is coming next week. So W10 has changed a lot since the author has last updated his code so a lot of the program may be broken for some users.

It is a free software and I don't see an option to donate anywhere. Maybe the author does not have Windows 10 yet on his computer. Our only choice is to wait and see if he update and offers support for W10 users.

It's perfectly stable on W7 and 8.1

heyyahblah, Aug 9, 2015
  7. yurneo Win User
    ok thanks for info I really appreciate it !

yurneo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen

1. Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen - Similar Threads - Win10 Desktop Gadget

2. Win10 black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 black screen: After booting, windows starts and shows login screen. It logs in and shows a blank screen. Cursor works and windows key too, taskbar, background image and apps are gone. Ctrl shift esc doesnt work but ctrl alt del works. I saw a post exactly like this and tried to fix it,...
  3. Sidebar gadgets on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sidebar gadgets on Win10: Hello guys. On Windows 7 I had some sidebar gadgets, like CPU and RAM usage, Calendar, watch, etc... Is there anything similar on Win 10? 41140
  4. Win10 Home Premium Desktop Black Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Home Premium Desktop Black Screen: Okay, I'm at a total loss here. I have looked everywhere, Google, this forum, everywhere, and I cannot fin the answer. I've tried RegEdit, EoA, Personalization, Iris control panel, and NVIDIA control panel. The entire 9 yards, and probably 9 more. MY DESKTOP WILL NOT...
  5. Desktop gadgets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop gadgets: Hello, I have a quick question. My desktop gadgets disappeared after windows update. I've tried everything. What should I do, any suggestions? tnx 85116
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work

Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work: Hello, I am new to the forum, and I was wondering, why does the Weather gadget not work? I noticed on Windows 7 it doesn't work either. I recently downloaded "Desktop Gadgets" for Windows 10 like you would have in Windows 7. I do not know how to fix this. I like my...
  7. Desktop Gadgets?

Desktop Gadgets?: So I was poking through gpedit.msc looking for things to disable when I found: [img] I thought desktop gadgets were removed in Windows 8? To test it I enabled them, got my favorite .gadget. Nada. Is this for compatibility purposes or just another example of...
  8. Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?

Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?: Is there any way to get a Desktop Clock and Calendar like the Windows 7 gadgets? The other gadget I miss is All CPU Meter, any thoughts? 9514
  9. Screen Flipped 90 deg. And Desktop Gadgets Problem, Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flipped 90 deg. And Desktop Gadgets Problem, Please: Hello, Always something new, I guess. Printed out a document which went O.K. When I looked back at my screen, everything on it was flipped 90 degrees ! Finally was able to find the Display Settings, and get it back to "normal". a. What do you think (might have)...
  10. Icons on the desktop under gadgets

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on the desktop under gadgets: When I upgraded to Win 10 I just couldn't give up my gadgets so I use a gadget program called "8gadgetpak" now it works fine but I also find that if I create a new file or copy a file to the desktop it invariably ends up behind one the the gadgets, its like Windows does not...