Windows 10: win10 disables home wifi

Discus and support win10 disables home wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have 1- desktop- win10 gateway DHCP 2-laptop win10 LAN static IP 3-laptop WIN8 wifi 4- 2 phones and a tablet WIFI 5- broadcom, LAN and WIFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by danielboro, Nov 27, 2015.

1. win10 disables home wifi

i have
    1- desktop- win10 gateway DHCP
    2-laptop win10 LAN static IP
    3-laptop WIN8 wifi
    4- 2 phones and a tablet WIFI
    5- broadcom, LAN and WIFI router
    6- samsung TV- LAN static IP model LA40D55 connected by HDMI to win10 laptop(2)

every time the win10 laptop(2) is on no device can connect to the wifi
    as soon i turn off the win10 laptop(2) all devices connect normally to the WIFI

extra tests
    test 1
    on win10 laptop(2)
    wifi-off
    lan cable disconnected
    and still wifi is disabled (!!?!?!!) if win10 laptop(2) is on
    i disconnected the HDMI cable and wifi was back on !!?!?!!

test 2
    win10 laptop(2)
    wifi-off
    lan cable connected
    HDMI cable disconnected
    wifi works

test 3
    win10 laptop(2)
    wifi-off
    lan cable connected
    HDMI connected
    TV lan cable disconnected
    wifi not working

test 4
    win10 laptop(2)
    wifi-off
    lan cable disconnected
    HDMI connected
    TV lan cable disconnected
    wifi not working

after more testing:
    to get home wifi to work i need the HDMI cable disconnected in the computer side
    plugged in the computer but disconnected in the TV didn't help

wen "win10 laptop(2)" was "win7 laptop(2)" all worked
    it only started after i got win10 on the laptop

how can i fix this?
    wat is happening? ?!?!?

:)

danielboro, Nov 27, 2015
  2. sureshDel Win User

fail to connect coporate wifi after upgrade to win10 from win7

fail to connect corporate wifi after upgrade to win10 from win7.

i have upgraded to win10 at my home using my home wifi connection and wifi is working perfectly in hti scase where as when i try to use same laptop i office it fail to connect to wifi in the office.

tried multiple things but still shows the same problem.

sureshDel, Nov 27, 2015
  3. How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10

Follow the procedure here to disable auto logon (applies to both Win10 home & Win10 Pro):

Can I disable auto logon on windows 10 home

(it requires editing the registry thru Registry Editor but the reg hack was more effective in disabling auto logins in Win10)

erpmanila3w, Nov 27, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

win10 disables home wifi

Is there a MAC address conflict somewhere?

Almighty1, Dec 2, 2015
  5. "MAC address conflict"- ill check but i dont think its likely

i solved the problem by restoring win7
    wifi is back to normal

danielboro, Dec 3, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    I seen that problem before when we had a customer who had dial-up networking login, everytime this person comes on, they would knock the other person off because they somehow set their static IP to the same IP so it's not a Mac address but a IP address conflict. Glad to hear everything is back to normal.

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

win10 disables home wifi

1. win10 disables home wifi - Similar Threads - win10 disables home

2. HP laptop running Win10 Does Not Display Home wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop running Win10 Does Not Display Home wifi: This laptop connects to my home Wi-Fi network; so network adaptors all work The lt belongs to a friend with limited PC or Windows knowledge. The lt fails to show his Wi-Fi network in the list of those available; yet I’m posting from my iPad on his home Wi-Fi network. I’ve...
  3. HP laptop running Win10 Does Not Display Home wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP laptop running Win10 Does Not Display Home wifi: This laptop connects to my home Wi-Fi network; so network adaptors all work The lt belongs to a friend with limited PC or Windows knowledge. The lt fails to show his Wi-Fi network in the list of those available; yet I’m posting from my iPad on his home Wi-Fi network. I’ve...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  5. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  6. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  8. Wifi adapter uninstalls itself on startup (Win10 Home)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi adapter uninstalls itself on startup (Win10 Home): My desktop has been having this weird problem lately where whenever I restart the PC I have to reinstall the drivers for my wifi adapter. Once I uninstall and reinstall the driver, I can connect to my internet using the menu on the right part of the taskbar, but once I...
  9. win10 home. how to Disable hot key WIN+TAB?

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 home. how to Disable hot key WIN+TAB?: the guides from Google were unhelpful 134258
  10. Network Problems with Win10. Constantly disabling my home net.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Problems with Win10. Constantly disabling my home net.: Does anybody know if Microsoft is aware of all the network problems people are having with Win10? I kind of like Win10 but I am not going to use it when it constantly disables my network every few hours. 11425