Windows 10: Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart

Discus and support Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After latest Win10 updates, it does not remember the sizes or locations of windows that I intentionally left open when shutting down or restarting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Florida Rene, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart

After latest Win10 updates, it does not remember the sizes or locations of windows that I intentionally left open when shutting down or restarting.

Does anyone know how this non-techie can make it remember?

:)

Florida Rene, Oct 27, 2016
  2. Pug lover Win User

Will not remember WiFi passowrd on boot or restart

OK I placed the links on One Drive and emailed to ZigZag.

Pug lover, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Will not remember WiFi passowrd on boot or restart

Cathy,

I imagine that ZigZag's download is safe to use but it's actions are unknown so making an image first seems appropriate. If it does something untoward then you can quickly get back to where you started from.

I do not know about problems making system images. I have not had any so it is not a topic I have learnt anything about. Have a search of the forum and, if necessary, ask a new question about that topic.

"I have cleaned the registry" - then I recommend reinstallation. There is no telling what state your computer is in.

Denis

Tryx3, Oct 27, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart

Hopefully this answers half of your question

Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart [​IMG]

pepanee, Oct 28, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Do you switch between different monitors?

bro67, Oct 28, 2016
  6. Folder Options box was checked previously. Apparently it got unchecked in the massive update. THANK YOU for reminding me. I'll try restarting and see if it works.

Yes, I have both monitors on all the time and keep open windows on both when I have a very active project. That's why I like them to be remembered.

Thanks again. I'll respond further when I know how the Folder Options box responds now.

Florida Rene, Oct 28, 2016
  7. pepanee:

Leaving 6 open windows in three different sizes and with different open specs, 4 on left screen and 2 on right, just restarted, and VOILA! All 6 reopened in fine shape. Thanks again.

bro67:

No problems after the restart with either monitor.

8. Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart

Nah...YOU nailed it!

Gracias. Danke. Merci. Tak!

9. bro67 Win User
    Depending on the GPU and control software, you tend to see these issues when people switch back and forth between different sized monitors.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart

1. Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart - Similar Threads - Win10 Does Remember

2. Windows 11 does not remember the window size, width, height, columns that should be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not remember the window size, width, height, columns that should be...: When opening a folder's window, I always enlarge it, make sure all the columns appear inside, the date and time, file size and file type, etc.However, each time I open the same window again, it seems that Windows 11 completely forgets all the previous display settings not...
  3. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  4. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  5. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  6. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  7. Windows 10 does not remember window position and size

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 does not remember window position and size: If Windows does not remember the window position and size then this post will help you fix the problem. Although Windows 10 should open the […] This article Windows 10 does not remember window position and size first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  9. WIN10 No Longer Remembers SubWindow Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 No Longer Remembers SubWindow Size: Example... using E:\Download\Birds in earlier Win 10, I could open both Download and Birds to the same configuration. After Win 10's massive update, going from E:\ to \Download sometimes gets that folder right, but then going to \Birds never does. I've changed the...
  10. Remember Window Size

in Browsers and Email
    Remember Window Size: Is there no way to remember a window size with Windows 10? I remember in previous versions you could set the window size and position. When I open Chrome, generally the first session will open (usually) correctly. Sometimes I have to slide the title bar off the screen in...