Windows 10: Win10 does not see USB Printer connection

Discus and support Win10 does not see USB Printer connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP 1512 all in one printer only has a usb connection (not wireless) It was connected and worked in Win 7 but would not work in Win 10. Win 10 does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Norrie, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Norrie Win User

Win10 does not see USB Printer connection

HP 1512 all in one printer only has a usb connection (not wireless)
    It was connected and worked in Win 7 but would not work in Win 10.
    Win 10 does not recognize the connection during installation.

I followed the directions in the printer help, disconnected and reconnected, uninstalled and reinstalled, got HP to connect to my computer, and worked on it for 2 days. Now I have no Printer Help files (HP Techs deleted too much?)

Any help would be appreciated

:)

Norrie, Aug 23, 2015
  2. LTCPerry Win User

Win10 and HP Laserjet Pro 400 M401dn printer Issues

Just upgraded to WIN10 from 7. Everything OK except for HP LaserJet Pro 400 m401dn printer.

The automatic Win10 install treats the printer as a USB CD drive. If the CD device is removed and using the HP installation software to force the PCL6 driver, the software says Win10 accepted the driver, but now does not see the printer on the USB port.

Have tried many approaches but no luck

Any ideas ?

LTCPerry, Aug 23, 2015
  3. LTCPerry Win User
    Win10 and HP Laserjet Pro 400 M401dn printer Issues

Win10 does detect when the printer is plugged into the USB port, but it installs it as a CD drive. In you delete the CD device and force an install via HP software PCL6 driver, Win10 accepts the driver, but now will not recognize the ESB connection to printer.

Any ideas ?

LTCPerry, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Win10 does not see USB Printer connection

I had a similar problem with an HP 8500. I solved it by downloading the Full Install Product from the HP Support website and running that. That installs the drivers and some HP printing utilities.

Here's the link to the software and drivers page: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/...30AQO5O3KA30R1

Mark Phelps, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Try this:
    Uninstall the printer from Control Panel > Programs & Features,
    If prompted to remove the softer, answer yes.
    Disconnect the printer
    Restart the machine

Make sure the USB connector is firmly connected to the printer - remove and reseat

Connect the printer to the machine and turn it on, if an install starts, then the software (inf file) still exists.

If nothing happens, that's what you want.

Check Control Panel > Devices and Printers > This PC > Device installation settings
    Right click This PC (the name of your computer) and select Device installation settings

Win10 does not see USB Printer connection [​IMG]
    Yes, do this automatically (recommended)

Manually launch Windows Update and let it update what it needs to update. It should find a driver for your printer (WU is very good now with drivers - it provided working drivers for all but one obscure HP driver. My ancient HP 1480 printer has a good driver from WU).

If WU doesn't provide the drivers, please post a screen shot of Devices and Printer

Slartybart, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Norrie Win User
    I had the assistant already but did that again
    did not work

I had unplugged the printer the other day and so did the folks at HP. I will try it again tomorrow.

Even though it is not one that is listed as incompatible, I think the printer is not compatible with windows 10.
    The printer 1010 is listed as incompatible and that is the printer I have minus the all-in-one features.

Norrie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 does not see USB Printer connection

1. Win10 does not see USB Printer connection - Similar Threads - Win10 does USB

2. win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum printer, Garmin GPS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum printer, Garmin GPS?: win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum M6552NWprinter, Garmin GPS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-usb-sees-flashdrives-but-not-other-usb/434c11ca-526f-4703-b0e2-4ebfe87fc0ea
  3. win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum printer, Garmin GPS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum printer, Garmin GPS?: win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum M6552NWprinter, Garmin GPS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-usb-sees-flashdrives-but-not-other-usb/434c11ca-526f-4703-b0e2-4ebfe87fc0ea
  4. win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum printer, Garmin GPS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB connected printer

USB connected printer: My USB connected Brother printer has recently stopped printing. Brother thinks that a recent Windows patch has caused this issue with ALL USB connected printers. Is there a fix for this issue please....
  6. Can't See Connected Printer in Settings...

Can't See Connected Printer in Settings...: I connected my Canon printer to my HP Spectre laptop running the latest build of Win10 directly via USB for the first time, did Canon's setup, and the printer works great - but in Settings/Devices, there's no printer connected. Searching for a printer results in nothing...
  7. Can't See Connected Printer in Settings...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't See Connected Printer in Settings...: I connected my Canon printer to my HP Spectre laptop running the latest build of Win10 directly via USB for the first time, did Canon's setup, and the printer works great - but in Settings/Devices, there's no printer connected. Searching for a printer results in nothing...
  8. Win10 does not see external camera connected via HDMI

Win10 does not see external camera connected via HDMI: We have connected a Panasonic AVCCAM to our laptop via the HDMI ports on both. The laptop does not see the camera nor can we get it to see it. Why can't it be seen? Do we need to change something in settings?...
  9. Win10 not seeing bootable USB

Win10 not seeing bootable USB: Hi, I've added a Linux live disk (ISO) to a USB drive using Rufus & changed the UEFI so all the USB boot options are the preferred ones. My laptop still does not see the USB during boot (also the light on the USB drive stays off as if it's receiving no power). Any...
  10. LAN connected (not shared) printer does not see Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN connected (not shared) printer does not see Windows 10 desktop: Hi - I'm finally giving up and asking for help. My networking knowledge consists of some networking for end users and basic business networks. Computer: HP desktop, (LAN) Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection, (WiFi) Qualcomm Atheros 802.11 a/b/g/n Dualband Wireless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not seeing usb printer

2. win10 does not recognize usb printer