Windows 10: Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install

Discus and support Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install. It then downloads again and again and again ad infinitum. How can this be stopped or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bron Skiba, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install

Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install. It then downloads again and again and again ad infinitum.

How can this be stopped or fixed?

DISM doesn't fix it. Scannow doesn't fix it.

:)

Bron Skiba, Aug 13, 2018
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Aug 13, 2018
  3. fkreuz Win User
    Cannot Install Windows 10 Error 80070002

Hi Jmarco0921,

for the method I used above, I did the already deletion in the
    /windows/softwaredistribution/download.

Following your advice, I did the manual reset method twice (also the step 4). But some of my dll files are failed to load during the reregister the BITS step. Below are the dll files that failed to load:

• regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll
    • regsvr32.exe browseui.dll
    • regsvr32.exe msxml.dll
    • regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll
    • regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll
    • regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll
    • regsvr32.exe initpki.dll
    • regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll
    • regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll
    • regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll
    • regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll

After doing the manual reset twice, I still could not manage to install the Win 10. It always
    failed at 42% during preparing installation phase.

fkreuz, Aug 13, 2018
  4. jostro Win User

Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install

KB4013429 Failing to install.

I have followed the instructions listed in the link you have provided but received several errors along the way.

Step 3 produced a path not found error

I first attempted these instructions without step 4 as indicated, the overall outcome was the same.

On my second attempt I carried out step 4

On step 5 I received a few errors when trying to re-register dll's:

- regsvr32.exe atl.dll - pass

- regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll - Pass
    - regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll - loaded but entry point not found

- regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll - loaded but entry point not found
    - regsvr32.exe browseui.dll- loaded but entry point not found
    - regsvr32.exe jscript.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe msxml.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe softpub.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe wintrust.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe dssenh.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe rsaenh.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe cryptdlg.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe ole32.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe shell32.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe initpki.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll - loaded but entry point not found
    - regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe wups.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe wups2.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll - loaded but entry point not found
    - regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe muweb.dll - Failed to load - Not Found

- regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll - Failed to load - Not Found

After this I went to windows update and clicked search for updates which proceeded to download and install updates, after being prompted for a reboot the update fails again which appears to be the same as the initial error.

Any other suggestions? I really don't want to have to re-format my PC again.

jostro, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install

1. Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install - Similar Threads - Win10 Dotnetfx exe

2. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  3. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  4. Win10 keeps on downloading update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 keeps on downloading update ?: Was on 1903 for a while and had problems, went back to 1809. Now Win10 keeps on adding 3GB to my C drive . I assume it is 1903 update. I delayed feature updates in 1809 for 365 days I their a way I can delete the file that they loaded? Thanks Gary *Mad 138784
  5. Win10 keeps on downloading update ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 keeps on downloading update ?: Was on 1903 for a while and had problems, went back to 1809. Now Win10 keeps on adding 3GB to my C drive . I assume it is 1903 update. I delayed feature updates in 1809 for 365 days I their a way I can delete the file that they loaded? Thanks Gary *Mad 138784
  6. Cannot install a downloaded .exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install a downloaded .exe file: I have a bizarre situation where I download a program from a website and the setup .exe file appears correctly in the Download folder. When I double-click the .exe file to install it, it disappears from the Download folder. Is there an issue with my Windows 10 registry? I...
  7. Can't install exe files after download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install exe files after download: Need your help with this and I am not sure exactly what happen with this. Anyway for the last two days I download the files in zip from the Internet like one is Majorgeeks (mostly). No problem to download onto downloads folder then unzip the exe file to temporary folder on...
  8. Cant Install or Download DotNetFX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Install or Download DotNetFX: like I said on subject I cant install or download any version of DotNetFX everytime I try it got error code 0x80D03805 try finding answer on google and youtube doest work any suggestion? I appreciate it sry for my bad eng [IMG]...
  9. 10182 keeps on failing to download?

in Windows 10 Support
    10182 keeps on failing to download?: I have the update 10182, but every time I try to get it to download it errors out. And it has now disappeared, and I can't get it back? 8194
  10. Keeps saying failed to download ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeps saying failed to download ?: Having big problems with downloading anything as it keeps saying failed all the time so tried on an upgraded Win 7 and no problem....? Cleared out old downloads but still no luck....using Firefox. Appreciate any help thanks *Smile 49103

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after downloading dotnetfx in windows 10 it wants to download again