Windows 10: Win10 downloaded, how do I start installation?

Discus and support Win10 downloaded, how do I start installation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running Win7 Home Premium and did not get a prompt (nag) for Win10, but initiated a download. I think it has completed the download, since I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by astronomer, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Win10 downloaded, how do I start installation?

I'm running Win7 Home Premium and did not get a prompt (nag) for Win10, but initiated a download. I think it has completed the download, since I have 2.93 GB in a folder marked Windows10Upgrade on the C: drive.

I'm up to date on all Win7 updates. How do I initiate the Win10 installation? I'm on a metered connection and do not want it to download again! Will the Media Creation Tool work? thanks, David

:)

astronomer, Jul 11, 2016
  2. Ade Mudge Win User
    Ade Mudge, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Ramesh K. Win User
    Rename tiles in win10, HOW DO I DO THIS!

Huh, didn't know there was a time limit on editing my posts. If something like this is required, I'm sure you can ask Microsoft to incorporate such a limitation in the forum, just as exists on various other fora too. FWIW I edited my post before refreshing
    the page to see the subsequent answers from you and the OP. Also, if this dumb forum had an option to multi-quote posts, I wouldn't have had to post and edit in the first place.

My mistake. I am familiar with a few technical fora where only subject matter experts can attain mod status. I was also posting immediately after being dismayed to see a few more "answers" here from mods who had clearly not read the questions properly. Anyway,
    I apologise for the snark.

Works as stated here. Pinned "Excel 2016" from All apps, then followed my own instructions to rename it to "Microsoft Excel 2016". Worked right away.

Ramesh K., Jul 11, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Win10 downloaded, how do I start installation?

cereberus, Jul 11, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just curious, has anyone else here ever seen a folder called Windows10Upgrade created by a genuine Microsoft upgrade? I've never seen it nor heard of it.

NavyLCDR, Jul 11, 2016
  6. thanks for the comments... I got it downloaded and installed okay. David

astronomer, Jul 12, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win10 downloaded, how do I start installation?

1. Win10 downloaded, how do I start installation? - Similar Threads - Win10 downloaded start

2. How do I Download & Install QuickBooks tool Hub?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Download & Install QuickBooks tool Hub?: QuickBooks Tool Hub is a comprehensive software design by Intuit to troubleshoot various issues in QuickBooks. It consolidates diagnostic tool and utilities to resolve common errors....
  3. How do I Download & Install QuickBooks tool Hub?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Download & Install QuickBooks tool Hub?: QuickBooks Tool Hub is a comprehensive software design by Intuit to troubleshoot various issues in QuickBooks. It consolidates diagnostic tool and utilities to resolve common errors....
  4. how do i stop downloading and installing windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i stop downloading and installing windows 11: how do i stop downloading and installing windows 11. I had a perfectly working computer before you ask me about this **** update. can't do anything with my computer now. so irritating when i have things to do and it's just destroyed and useless now. unbelievable i don't have...
  5. how do i stop downloading and installing windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop downloading and installing windows 11: how do i stop downloading and installing windows 11. I had a perfectly working computer before you ask me about this **** update. can't do anything with my computer now. so irritating when i have things to do and it's just destroyed and useless now. unbelievable i don't have...
  6. How do I start the download and install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I start the download and install: how do I start windows 10 download and install. Nothing is happening that I can see. Problem still exists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-start-the-download-and-install/70e08705-b03a-4742-bc58-cec8deb6552b
  7. How do I download and install python ? X64

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I download and install python ? X64: Help submitted by /u/Mikeyyyy27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikt1dt/how_do_i_download_and_install_python_x64/
  8. How do I install DVR client exe. file in Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I install DVR client exe. file in Win10?: Hi, I wish to connect to my DVR for CCTV cameras with Win10 but it will not allow me to download the software saying that Win10 has prevented the download and I should speak to my Administrator. Well I am the administrator and it worked fine in previous versions of...
  9. How do I download and install drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I download and install drivers?: My network is spiking every 45 seconds and I've been reccommended that I download the manufacturer's network drivers, however I have no idea how to do that. Can someone explain the process to me? (I've downloaded the file but now I don't know what to do with it) submitted by...
  10. How do I install download google?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I install download google?: when trying to switch to "window 10 pro " page I clicked on the FREE button and nothing happened. How do I install a different windows 10 so I can download google?...