Windows 10: Win10 dual boot

Discus and support Win10 dual boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there I want some help with my dual boot.i have windows 10 and windows xp installed in my laptop and I want to see the boot choice menu before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Neth, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Neth Win User

Win10 dual boot

Hey there I want some help with my dual boot.i have windows 10 and windows xp installed in my laptop and I want to see the boot choice menu before windows 10 load.Now windows 10 is loading first and give me the choice of Os,for that reason if I choose windows xp my laptop reboot and then widows xp is loading.i don't like that and I want the classic boot choice of black screen.please tell me how.thanx

:)

2. How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Back in the day I updated to Win10 by adding another SSD into my machine and created a dual boot when I "upgraded" from Win7. The other day my Win10 installation when belly up and I had to do a reinstall which has wiped out my dual boot. How do I tell Win10
    that my D:\ is my Win7 installation and crate a dual boot?

BryanDeVries, Mar 25, 2017
  3. win10 home auto powers on by it's self

So this did fix the booting into win10 first issue, i can now boot into win10 or win7 from the BCD boot menu and the win10 boot menu doesn't interfere or cause a dual boot to get back into win7.

JohnBelbeck, Mar 25, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Win10 dual boot

Copy and Paste bcdedit /set "{current}" bootmenupolicy legacy into an Elevated Command Prompt.

It'll still reload if you're not going to the default OS

Edwin, Mar 25, 2017
Thema:

Win10 dual boot

1. Win10 dual boot - Similar Threads - Win10 dual boot

2. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  3. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  4. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dual boot Win10 Win7

Dual boot Win10 Win7: Hi, Some time ago I bought a new laptop with Win10 pre-installed on it and have been trying to make my old programs work with this OS. I've found solutions for most of them but for a couple (a database and some old games) it doesn't seem possible to make them run on Win10....
  6. Dual Boot Win 7 and Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot Win 7 and Win10: Apologies if this is 'old hat'. I'm having trouble with win 10 (getting wifi working) and have a thread specifically on that subject already open. I'm in the position of installing win10 on my son's laptop and soon have to give it to him - but he lives 80 miles away. Win10...
  7. How to dual pair Bluetooth mouse with dual boot Win10/Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to dual pair Bluetooth mouse with dual boot Win10/Win10: Hello, I have a dual boot Win 10 Pro/Win 10 Pro system. However, everytime I switch OS, I have to re-pair my Bluetooth mouse with that OS again. I have tried many methods online specifically for Win 7,8 /Linux dual boot, however it doesn't work with Windows 10. Does anyone...
  8. Win10+Win7 dual boot issue

Win10+Win7 dual boot issue: Dear all, I hope I have not missed a thread with a similar problem: I had Win10 installed on drive C: with the boot loader on drive D: (where I previously had my old Win10 installation). I wanted to add Win7 to my PC and formated drive D: - I totally forgot that I had the...
  9. Dual Boot Win7/Win10

Dual Boot Win7/Win10: Reloaded factory software on Dell XPS laptop Win7. Created additional partition for Win10. Installed Win10 iso from boot to the separate partition. Previously labeled C drive as Win7 and D drive as Win10. Default boot is Win7. Works fine. On the boot screen I choose Win10....
  10. Dual Boot Win7 & Win10

Dual Boot Win7 & Win10: I used the ISO (64bit) burnt to DVD, changed boot order to install and installed to a new 250GB HDD, setup was about 15 mins and the dual boot works great, Windows 10 installed fine and Windows 7 has not been affected and runs as normal *Biggrin 2010