Windows 10: Win10 Email App - odd broken account - cant delete?

Discus and support Win10 Email App - odd broken account - cant delete? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; i cant figure this one out.. I have an email account that stopped working. I can not access the settings. I doesnt even show in the Win 10 account... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by StaticFX, Mar 22, 2018.

1. StaticFX Win User

Win10 Email App - odd broken account - cant delete?

i cant figure this one out.. I have an email account that stopped working. I can not access the settings. I doesnt even show in the Win 10 account settings..

So I added a second one of the same account. Which works fine... but now I still have the broken one that i CANNOT delete!?? lol
    Screenshot - ae751fa88112f9fd6ef5ad3b13bdc762 - Gyazo

If i right click it > account settings
    it merges (links) with the other one.. and then It shows linked in the account settings. But when I select it, nothing shows.

Is there a secret location in registry or somewhere I can delete it!? its driving me crazy *Devil

:)

StaticFX, Mar 22, 2018

2. I don't have default Windows 10 Apps

Odd. Can you create a new user account?

Steps for fixing broken apps in Windows 10

The last resort is a repair install that keeps everything and reinstalls windows.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 22, 2018
  3. "Windows store won't open" Windows 10, is only the tip of the iceburg of what is root cause...

The script he ran would affect all users due to the -AllUsers command switch. I have even tested other accounts, they all have broken apps just as my main account. It is odd but apps like 3D Builder was not affected, but the store and calc, and photos,
    and dvd player are all broken in the start menu.

BryanPerris, Mar 22, 2018
  4. StaticFX Win User

I just RESET the email app.. re-added the 2 accounts.. and BAM.. I still have the 3rd broken one

StaticFX, Mar 22, 2018
  5. StaticFX Win User
    update: I reset the app again, and added JUST my outlook main account.. the broken one STILL comes back!

StaticFX, Mar 22, 2018
  6. sml156 Win User
    Try deleting it by logging into you account online using a browser.

sml156, Mar 23, 2018
  7. StaticFX Win User
    the other account is no where. (Unless there is some secret place to look online)

StaticFX, Mar 23, 2018
  8. sml156 Win User

If you go to your email Sign in to your Microsoft account and then settings ( The cog wheel ) then go to " View Full settings " then go to " Accounts " You will probably find it there.

Edit:
    Yours may be different I am using the beta mail on Outlook, But clicking on the settings cogwheel will get you to the accounts settings eventually.

sml156, Mar 23, 2018
  9. StaticFX Win User
    its not there... but...
    heres the crazy thing.

I removed the linked/dbl of the other account, figured I would just use the outlook office app....
    Today. it started working again!!! LMAO!!!!

StaticFX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Email App - odd broken account - cant delete? - Similar Threads - Win10 Email App

2. Cant delete an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete an app: unofficial 7zip file manager lacks an uninstall button. is there a way i can brute force it? it wont let me use other file managers. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-an-app/0d169cf9-b112-4f3e-9d78-cdd5c72d736d
  3. Cant delete an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete an app: unofficial 7zip file manager lacks an uninstall button. is there a way i can brute force it? it wont let me use other file managers. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-an-app/0d169cf9-b112-4f3e-9d78-cdd5c72d736d
  4. Cant remove email account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant remove email account?: I have had a comcast email account signed into my windows 10 mail app for over a year now, and now suddenly it stopped working. its almost as if the email doesn't even exist in app anymore? I can't right click to manage or delete the account. and when I go into...
  5. Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts: I use the Windows 10 mail app a fair bit on my laptop. Although I tested it out on my PC some time ago, I have not used it regularly, but would now like to. However the Windows 10 email app on my PC seems to have got itself into a mess. There are 3 accounts - a new one...
  6. Odd email domains

in Browsers and Email
    Odd email domains: Lately, I have been receiving emails from .bar, .rest and .surf. Anyone have any idea from whence thse are coming and how to stop them? 148166
  7. delete an email account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    delete an email account?: How do I delete an email account? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-an-email-account/066061a4-6bb0-4912-ba12-506301b3e586"
  8. Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists

Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists: I have an email account through a university I no longer attend that is included in my list of accounts. I receive constant notifications saying that I need to "update the password" for this account, but I can't because the account no longer exists. I also can't delete the...
  9. Delete an account from "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts"

Delete an account from "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts": My problem is the account is listed in "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts" in my windows 10. I wish to delete the account from "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts" . When i try to delete the account it tells me the account does not...
  10. Deleted email account

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted email account: hiya folks new here but hope i can get some help regarding a deleted email account . i have been using windows live mail to access my ntl emails, for the last few days i couldn't access them, long story short i have now deleted my account by mistake, i added another...