Windows 10: Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

Discus and support Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shellz187, Jan 7, 2017.

1. shellz187 Win User

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home

My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem
    Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every 30 seconds sometimes a little sooner or a little later

( I have TWC or Spectrum now lol ) When it's on wireless wifi my internet is fine

I think the problem lies in the Properties of (TCP/IPv4) or (TCP/IPv6 )
    and has something to do with DNS or DHCP but I am not sure

I tried unplugging all the cables and restarting the modem and computer this doesn't work neither did the trouble shooting, my Windows 8.1 laptop does not give me this problem

I already did the netsh wlan show wlanreport in command, also I tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew in the command window but still the same problem after restarting

If you have any idea how to fix this send me an email I can also call you it would be greatly appreciated!

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops [​IMG]

:)

shellz187, Jan 7, 2017
  2. Gaap Win User

local area network adapter has to be reset constantly, why?

I also have the same problem. My computer is a Dell XPS with the same Ethernet card (Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet, driver version: 15.6.1.2). The computer is connected to the router using a Ethernet cable. All other PCs connected to the router work
    fine, and the PC worked fine before I upgraded to Win10 when I had Win7 Pro.

My problem is that the PC randomly drops connection. In most cases I have to reboot to regain connection.

Gaap, Jan 7, 2017
  3. drop down menu network connection

hi!

I'm trying to make my computer a hotspot, every step goes just fine until I try to connect the ethernet to my hotspot.

The problem is that there is supposed to be a drop down menu to select the ethernet as the connection I want, but in stead of a drop down menu I have a white box that say wireless network connection, I can't select any other options. (after right click on
    the ethernet, than properties and the the folder 'share'.

Is there a way to fix it and get the drop down menu anyway or can I connect it in an other way without having to use the drop down menu?

banaaninoor, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Wullail Win User

Have you tried a different network cable?

Wullail, Jan 7, 2017
  5. shellz187 Win User
    Yes I tried a brand new cable, my old one and the new one both work on my older 8.1 laptop

shellz187, Jan 7, 2017
  6. Wullail Win User
    As it says 'network cable unplugged' , I think it's unlikely to be settings or software , that's a hardware issue.

Wullail, Jan 7, 2017
  7. Indeed, I had the same problem, the connector was connected firmly, but it was still a bit loose, only by a hair though. It can be a problem with the connector. Try flat Cat7 cable, it has a firm grip and it is a better quality overall.

TairikuOkami, Jan 7, 2017
  8. shellz187 Win User

Thanks for the advice but the same cables I've been using I used at two other houses and they worked fine, also the cables work for my other 8.1 laptop *Sad

shellz187, Jan 8, 2017
  9. Wullail Win User
    My guess then it's the port itself or something connected to the port on the laptop.

Can you try connecting to someone elses wired network and see if it does the same?

Wullail, Jan 10, 2017
  10. hi all - just checking in as I have the same issue. windows 10 machine, up to date, wireless is fine, though ethernet says disconnected when it is connected, and every 25-30 seconds the ethernet connection flashes 'identifying' for 1 second then goes back to disconnected. it's a Dell Inspiron 24, with a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller installed, and drivers up to most up to date available (June 2017). Windows 10 all up to date. Have tried the same ethernet connection another machine and it is fine there. Something about this specific machine. Wireless is ok so I can still post here thankfully!

Any guidance is very gratefully received...

chriswin10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops - Similar Threads - Win10 ethernet connection

2. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  3. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  4. Connectivity Drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connectivity Drops: Hi Guys, I am sure this is a frequent question but I am experiencing an odd issue with my connectivity. Not so frequently, but enough to be a nuisance, every few hours or so my internet connectivity will drop. I am able to immediately reconnect through my Wi-Fi settings,...
  5. USB ethernet constantly drops connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ethernet constantly drops connection: I have a Dell Inspiron running W10 64bit and am trying to use an Anker USB to gigabit ethernet adapter. It CONSTANTLY drops connection repeatedly for no reason! The interval between dropouts can be 30 minutes or more when idle, or every few seconds when active. I've...
  6. Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping

Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping: Suddenly for NO REASON Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility comes back and gives a DNS error. I can ping out by IP address, I can ping the router- I CAN'T send a browser to the router's internal address for management-...
  7. Connection dropping

Connection dropping: Hello, my issue is quite simple: my PC simply loses connection for a couple of seconds, the Ethernet icon on the bottom right gets a red "x", then a yellow "!" sign and then it goes back to normal, this whole process takes about 10 seconds. I know it's now the modem/router...
  8. Ethernet connection drops

Ethernet connection drops: I am having problems with my internet connection for my PC. The connection is via an Ethernet connectiion to the modem, not via Wi-Fi. Occasionally, the connection will drop and the only way I can re-connect is by restarting the PC. The problem is not with the modem (which...
  9. Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops

Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Ever since it was installed my wired ethernet connections has been randomly dropping. I have Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet under Device Manager Network Adapters. 12319
  10. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection: This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too. I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to identify where connection keeps droppoing

2. w10 continually dropping ethernet

3. network connection drops on w10 1903

4. Win10 ethernet connection dropping identifying connected then drops,
  5. win 10 ethernet drops then re-instates,
  6. win10 ethernet keeps dropping