Windows 10: Win10 Explorer Search / Force only exact hits

Discus and support Win10 Explorer Search / Force only exact hits in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, how do I search for "2017-" without receiving results like "2017" ? Rt now although in quotes, its still pulling out any random similarity.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1000, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Frank1000 Win User

Win10 Explorer Search / Force only exact hits

Hi,
    how do I search for "2017-" without receiving results like "2017" ?

Rt now although in quotes, its still pulling out any random similarity.

http://files.panodome.com/uploads01/...1532251038.jpg (image insert in forum not working)

Win10 Explorer Search / Force only exact hits Image_2018-07-22__11-17-18__1532251038.jpg

Regards,
    Frank

:)

Frank1000, Jul 22, 2018

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Win10 Explorer Search / Force only exact hits

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Explorer Search / Force only exact hits

1. Win10 Explorer Search / Force only exact hits - Similar Threads - Win10 Explorer Search

2. Searching for exact strings with Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Searching for exact strings with Windows Explorer: This used to work really well for me until an update and now new computer. It hasn't worked well since, but now it's not working at all. I thought it used to work by putting a single quote around the string for which I wanted to search. I have a folder with Word files....
  3. How to search an EXACT PHRASE in file contents - explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to search an EXACT PHRASE in file contents - explorer: Hi, I am after some help, this question has been asked several times in the community but the suggestions are not working so I will ask again maybe somebody found a workaround. Windows 10 - How to search an EXACT PHRASE in file contents? I am searching daily through 1000...
  4. Need to hit enter to search in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to hit enter to search in explorer: So I am having a problem with windows search. It works fine, except that I need to hit enter before it will execute the search. Has anyone seen this issue before? Windows 10 Pro, 1909, Build 18363.900 I have a different PC, Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 1607, Build...
  5. Windows Explorer search - find the exact match

Windows Explorer search - find the exact match: I'm serching for files that has the 1 appended to the name If I enter "1" the search returns all files that has "1" in the name. How to turn off this annoying behavior?...
  6. exact search

in Windows 10 Support
    exact search: i saw another thread with similar problems,but i need to search "( .)",not (.) ["space point" not only "point"].when i make my search,i find all files with (.).how can i find the exact match? 150465
  7. File Explorer - search view WIN10

File Explorer - search view WIN10: Hi , i have problem started a week ago in file explorer its should be when im start type in bar show result autimatic without "enter" key when u type when u delete keys that how its should be only in file explorer...
  8. File Explorer search results show non-exact matches

File Explorer search results show non-exact matches: When searching in File Explorer, the term 'm990-03-02' returns two files: 1) M990-03-02 2) M990-02-03 Why is -02-03 appearing? I tried to wrap the search term in double quotes ("m990-03-02") however both files still appear in the search results. Is there a setting...
  9. Force Start Search to only search locally?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Force Start Search to only search locally?: Is there a way to stop the Search box in the Start menu from searching the Internet? If I want to do this, I'll use an internet browser thank you very much! I only use this when I want to open an obscure program, or open a file. 23856
  10. Win10 explorer search dont work

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 explorer search dont work: Hi, guys! Well, my explorer search is not working. At all. I'm working (my job) on the PC and have thousends of files, which I have to finde every time I need them. And I need them often. But the explorer search is driving me creazy. Indexed or not. It just makes no sense...