Windows 10: win10 extreme data usage on wifi

Discus and support win10 extreme data usage on wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; where do i go and what do i do to make this win10 stop sending messages and wanting to update sw that i do not even have. it wipes out my data plan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gmasues, Jul 12, 2018.

1. gmasues Win User

win10 extreme data usage on wifi

where do i go and what do i do to make this win10 stop sending messages and wanting to update sw that i do not even have. it wipes out my data plan after only a couple of days

:)

gmasues, Jul 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 extreme data usage

Thank you for responding. We would like to request an additional detail so we can further investigate the issue regarding excessive data consumption. Windows 10 normally consumes more data when installing updates to help your PC perform better. To monitor
    the data consumption, may we ask for a screenshot of the App history so we can identify which app is consuming the most data? Follow the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager in the search result.
    • Go to the App history tab and check the data consumption difference between
      Network and Metered Network.

Additionally, you may also find more details by going to the Settings app.

• Open Settings app.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Go to Data usage tab and click the Usage details link to view all data usage per app ( Both built-in and installed )
    • Once you find the culprit, kindly provide us a screenshot.

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 12, 2018
  3. data usage

I have a Nokia Lumia 830 running the latest windows 10, but I think there is a bug in the data usage.

My data plan resets on the first of the month and I have 1 gb data.

The data resets ok to zero, on the first of the month, but the wifi does not and I keep getting notifications that my data usage is extremely high, isn't the wifi usage supposed to reset the same time as the data itself? I think the wifi data usage is
    what's causing the notifications.

I have edited my data plan to 2 gb from 1 gb, so hopefully I won't get those notifications.

Is that a bug and does Microsoft know about and is there a fix outside of increasing the data in my data plan?

Jack Smook, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Eidolon12 Win User

Data usage is extreme on the latest build of Windows 10 Mobile

I updated my Lumia 830 to Windows 10 Mobile a few days ago (OS build 10.0.14393.67) and data usage has been extreme through Wi-Fi- 5.84GB and rising- 2.72GB through "System". I have turned off most of my background apps, no apps are updating during the
    active Wi-Fi use, there are no system updates happening, and OneDrive is fully synced yet my phone keeps transferring data through WiFi. To avoid the problem, I have been turning off my mobile and Wi-Fi connections on my phone when I am not using them. Any
    suggestions?

Eidolon12, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. win10 extreme data usage on wifi - Similar Threads - win10 extreme data

2. Data Usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage: Hi. Just want a info for this System's Data Usage. Is this really normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/312cb68c-c89d-4270-82f3-5e4d0cdc668c
  3. Data usage

Data usage: I recently discovered that "System" is using a lot of data on my computer. I looked at a question somebody else asked that was the same as my question. Somebody suggested restricting the "regsvr32.exe" application from using data to fix the problem. My question it, what bad...
  4. Data Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data Usage: Where I live there is a data cap and I was charged over 100$ for overage... Microsoft Corp is 79%of the data usage.... Being on metered obviously is just for show and no you cant disable those updates which are huge and using your data to do it nevermind using your data to...
  5. Wifi data usage does not add up.

Wifi data usage does not add up.: So windows is telling me that I have used 210 gb of wifi over the last 14 days, yet when I tally up the usage by app it ends up being around 150 gb, so what happened to the 60 gb that has gone missing?...
  6. System Data Usage EXTREMELY high

System Data Usage EXTREMELY high: I'm not sure why my system is taking 171.62gb of data in the last 30 days. I have Windows 10 Pro, my PC is connected via Ethernet and I'm pretty sure I have turned off all background apps. I have a data plan with my ISP, and my system is eating it up. Any suggestions?...
  7. Cloud Data usage on wifi

Cloud Data usage on wifi: When I look at my useage details on my wifi, in windows 10 it show 20gb cloud. Really ? I dont use any services other then connectioon to that internet for web stuff, and game play. Problem is everytime i use my phone teather, the 3gb data i have gets ate up real, fast, just...
  8. Data usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data usage: How avoid data use to system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/3967634c-05fb-4546-af94-d29c8bcfdb88
  9. WiFi usage win10

WiFi usage win10: When I look at WiFi usage, it says a massive amount of data is being used by osrdl.exe but I cannot figure out what this is, even by googling it or by searching the actual computer. The data amount mimics the amount of data being used by the browser, plus a small amount more....
  10. Data Usage

Data Usage: Was hoping of some help. When I go into my network settings and click data usage, it tells me 232 GB of ethernet, but when I open up the usage details, the app usage only totals 40 GB when added up. Can anyone explain why there would be such a huge discrepancy? Just for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. osrdl.exe