Windows 10: Win10 Fall Creators Update -> Samsung S7 MTP Problems

Discus and support Win10 Fall Creators Update -> Samsung S7 MTP Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated my Win10 Home 64 Bit with the Fall Creators Update. Since then I can no longer connect my Samsung S7 to transfer pictures via USB, because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrankVVV, Oct 20, 2017.

1. FrankVVV Win User

Win10 Fall Creators Update -> Samsung S7 MTP Problems

I updated my Win10 Home 64 Bit with the Fall Creators Update. Since then I can no longer connect my Samsung S7 to transfer pictures via USB, because the MTP drivers don't work. (I now use bluetooth as a workaround, but that's slow). In the Device Manager under 'Portable Devices', I see 'Samsung Mobile MTP Device' with an exclamation point. Clicking further I see under 'General' 'This device can not start' (Code 10).

I have already removed the drivers, including the USB ones and rebooted the system. Also tried using different USB ports without luck. Reinstalling the drivers also solves nothing.

Anyone got more suggestions?

:)

FrankVVV, Oct 20, 2017
  2. Alpesh B Win User

SAMSUNG MTP not woking in win 10

Samsung S7 Edge and A5 not connecting... SAMSUNG MTP Device Drive problem

when i try to update driver,,, an error message

"The install class is not present or is invalid."

I tried all other solutions mentions in this forum regarding this..

in Device manager I have MTP in other devices with Blue Question Mark with white background

and now it converted to yellow mark.. Updating driver is not helping yet

Please give some sollution I Have Asus R510J laptop

Alpesh B, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Build 16299.19 Double Login Screen Problem

-------------------------------------------

Hello PA Bear,

> Did you choose to install Fall Creators Update manually or...?

It was downloaded and installed automatically on 10/17/17 through the Widows 10 update. And at that time i was running the most up to date Creators Update.

> Were you running Win10 1709 OS Build 16299.0 prior to installing Fall Creators Update?

No... 1703 Creators

Leprechaun J, Oct 20, 2017
  4. FrankVVV Win User

Problem solved!! Device and Performance Health was able to fix the issue!

FrankVVV, Oct 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Win10 Fall Creators Update -> Samsung S7 MTP Problems - Similar Threads - Win10 Fall Creators

2. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  3. Fall creators update.

Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  4. Fall Creator update problems/solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fall Creator update problems/solved: I have been seeing a few posts about the Fall Creator update and the various problems or no problems. Mine was that I had updated to W10Pro so I could use whatever drivers I wanted to. But with the first Creator update I couldn't install any NVidia drivers older than the 370...
  5. Activation problems After Creators fall Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems After Creators fall Update: I have a dual boot home built system with current parts, which has two separate bootable SSD disks, each containing separate retail copies copies if Windows 10 (one Pro x64 and the other home x386). The reason for the two copies of windows is that the 32 bit allows for older...
  6. Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem: About every 2 seconds my cursor will freeze in place for a second and snap to where it's supposed to be. programs do the same thing; while loading they will pause, then snap to where they should have been at that time. I've tried fresh restoring windows and that didn't do...
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....