Windows 10: Win10 Fast Startup Kernel Boot Errors

Discus and support Win10 Fast Startup Kernel Boot Errors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone... I have received some critical kernel boot messages in Event Viewer after every start-up. Just a few pointers: - Fast Startup is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SQA333, Jul 28, 2016.

1. SQA333 Win User

Win10 Fast Startup Kernel Boot Errors

Hi everyone...

I have received some critical kernel boot messages in Event Viewer after every start-up. Just a few pointers:

- Fast Startup is Enabled
    - UEFI Fast Boot is enabled in BIOS

These are the error messages:

1. Event ID 29: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4
    2. Event ID 41: The previous system shutdown at TIME on DATE was unexpected

Now this only happens if I unplug my PC after Windows 10 has shut down. If my PC is still plugged in when turned off, there's no issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought hybrid shutdowns (and hibernates for that matter) require no AC power to be functional - as opposed to Sleep which keeps RAM powered.

Any ideas as to what the issue might be? I've done plenty of Google searches but they've all come empty handed.

My hardware is as follows:

Intel i7-3770k
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro Motherboard
    16GB RAM
    NVIDIA GTX 650
    Seagate 7200rpm 2TB
    Windows 10
    Note: I have an SD Card Reader plugged into the motherboard.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

:)

SQA333, Jul 28, 2016
  2. MarcoA07 Win User

Windows Fast Startup causing crashes, corruptions, and (recently) user lockout

Thanks Darwin

It should be noted that prior to disabling Fast Startup, I would get the following Event Viewer IDs upon startup:

(error) Event 29, Kernel boot: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.

(error) Event 6006, EventLog: The previous system shutdown at [xxxx] AM on [yyyy] was unexpected.

(critical) Event 41, Kernel-Power: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event 1101, EventLog: Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

Then usually 4 or 5 of

Event 10016, DistributedCOM: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

This would happen on every start up (not restarts). They have disappeared when disabling Fast Startup. My system is up to date, I make sure to install OS and driver updates as they roll out.

MarcoA07, Jul 28, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    computer goes into sleep mode while active

The Event Logs showed several errors that indicate the computer has an issue with Fast Startup:

From "Source" "Kernel-Boot":

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.

Can you disable Fast Startup:

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Also, there were a couple of "BugChecks" that although not recent may give an indication of a potential driver issue so it may help to look at the minidump files from the BugChecks.

Can you copy any minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder to another location such as a folder on the Desktop, zip them up and upload to a public folder on OneDrive and provide a link.

auggy, Jul 28, 2016
  4. esbo Win User

Hi, I have a ASUS and get that kind of problem. (i3-3220t) was upped from win 8 - 8.1 - win10.

When I plug in a usb dvb-t stick fast boot fails next boot but after that it seems to boot ok.

Oh but I think when you unplug power you wil get a slow boot, thta ii think is a feature, a way of forcing a slow boot I think,
    anyhow there is simple solution, leave the AC plugged in!!

Have a nice year!!

5. lmaneke Win User
    Fast startup is a little weird in some cases, and lots of people have had problems with it.

It works great, but, you need to make sure there were no modifications done to the computer after the shutdown is completed.

If I shut it down with USBs plugged in, they need to be kept plugged in. If I unplugged them, there is a change in the BIOS and the hybrid start fails as hardware changes were made.

Same as unplugging the system. It makes a change in the BIOS and causes the startup to fail as the system has to redetect the hardware. I've noticed the BIOS boots different on a fast startup shutdown and a full shutdown

lmaneke, Apr 29, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Fast Startup Kernel Boot Errors - Similar Threads - Win10 Fast Startup

2. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  3. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  4. Win10 UEFI Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 UEFI Fast Startup: Does having a UEFI-installed Windows have advantage/difference to Fast Startup compared to Legacy-installed ones? submitted by /u/DevMakPH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp3ubd/win10_uefi_fast_startup/
  5. Fast-startup and keyboard boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast-startup and keyboard boot: Normally I would use the sleep button or a shortcut(shutdown -s -t) to turn the desktop off. Lately though ive been using the Start button and shutting down and i've noticed that all it takes for me to turn on the computer is to hit any key. Now I know that Windows 10 uses...
  6. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  7. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  8. Beware of Fast Startup in multi-boot scenarios!

in Windows 10 Support
    Beware of Fast Startup in multi-boot scenarios!: This isn't really new advice, and it's in fact quite well known, but this should be a sticky in this forum: Do not, ever, have WinX's Fast Startup option enabled if through whatever means you anticipate booting your system into an OS other than the one you just hibernated...
  9. Turn off Fast Startup [Was: Win10 clean - Win10 update Mismatch]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off Fast Startup [Was: Win10 clean - Win10 update Mismatch]: I hope somebody can either explain to me what I'm missing or point me to an explanation. I have two 256 Gig SSDs on which I'd loaded different operating systems but virtually identical applications. One was Windows 8.1 and one was Windows 7. They were interchangeable --...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows failed fast startup with error status 0xc00000d4.

2. win 10 kernap-boot failed fast startup

3. is fast start up good kernel 41

4. kernel-boot event id: 41 level: error user: system source: kernel-boot windows failed fast startup with error status 0xc00000d4,
  5. windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000411