Windows 10: Win10 Fax and Scan sends a totally black page

Discus and support Win10 Fax and Scan sends a totally black page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I built a new computer last week and naturally upgraded from Win7 and put Win10 on the new build. My wife's a teacher and sometimes needs to Fax lesson... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fdhealy4, Mar 3, 2017.

1. fdhealy4 Win User

Win10 Fax and Scan sends a totally black page

I built a new computer last week and naturally upgraded from Win7 and put Win10 on the new build. My wife's a teacher and sometimes needs to Fax lesson plans when she needs a substitute to take the class. When I scan and fax a page everything seems to go fine and the other end gets the Fax OK. The problem is that it's a blank, totally black, page. Again I'm using the Win10 Fax and Scan software. I bought a new internal USR PCIe Faxmodem 5638. USR comfirms it is win10 complaint. The drivers are up to date and the test modem function in Devise Manager says it's working fine and is setup on Com3.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Dale

:)

fdhealy4, Mar 3, 2017
  2. CynLM Win User

Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 10

Windows Fax and Scan copies all pages of my document, but only sends the first page when I send in email. How can I fix this?

CynLM, Mar 3, 2017
  3. YvesB Win User
    Windows FAX and SCAN - Fax missing in Sent Items and Inbox folder

Hi Sujata,

I have tried your advices, but it changed nothing.

Note however that I have tried another Fax software (Classic Phone Tool) and that I have succeeded sending a Fax. The problem with this trial version is that I cannot send/attach multi-pages while Windows FAX AND SCAN allows me to send multi-pages Fax.

I know that FAX AND SCAN is not a Windows 10 component/feature. It is present on my PC because it was part of Win 7. Is there a way to uninstall this application and reinstall it. I looked for that app using Programs & Features and can't find it anywhere.
    It is even missing in Windows Feature. I can't remove it.

I also know despite FAX AND SCAN is not a Windows 10 component, but it can be run using WFS from the search box. That would be an alternative to run it.

Can you recommend an application that will allow me to send multi-pages Fax via a phone line or provide further advices.

I have reached the point to consider downgrading to Win 7.

Thanks in advance.

YvesB, Mar 3, 2017
  4. PJLLB Win User

How is content getting to the fax program? Print to Fax?

PJLLB, Mar 3, 2017
  5. fdhealy4 Win User
    No, It is getting to the fax program by scanning using the Win10 Fax and Scan features. The visual preview from within the S&F program shows a normal scan and looks great.

fdhealy4, Mar 3, 2017
  6. PJLLB Win User
    As a test, suggest you create something in a program like notepad, etc. and print to Fax.

PJLLB, Mar 3, 2017
  7. fdhealy4 Win User
    OK, I'll try that. I'll have to wait till Monday when the school is open. I don't know anyone who has a fax machine.

fdhealy4, Mar 3, 2017
  8. fdhealy4 Win User

Well I gave up on MS Fax and Scan. I downloaded Essential Fax and got it working. I had to change the initialization string and re-install the driver to get it to work. I made the same change to MS Fax and Scan but it still wouldn't work.

fdhealy4, Mar 4, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    Try just printing it to Windows Fax as a printer. If that does not work, you may want to look into getting a My Fax .com subscription. It is $10 and no messing with needing a phone line, especially that some fax cards do not work with Digital Phone.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Fax and Scan sends a totally black page - Similar Threads - Win10 Fax Scan

2. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?: how do i change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents? windows 10 home, 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-location-that-fax-and-scan/54b38627-5360-4bcf-9ffa-2eb4ce6e7bac
  3. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?: how do i change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents? windows 10 home, 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-location-that-fax-and-scan/54b38627-5360-4bcf-9ffa-2eb4ce6e7bac
  4. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  7. win 10 Fax & scan only faxing partial page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 Fax & scan only faxing partial page: I don't know what topic this should be under. Have been using fax & scan for a year on my win 10 with no problems. Now when I forward a fax, it is missing the center 1/3 of the page. The scan has the whole page there. What can I do to fix this? Seems to only happen to a fax,...
  8. Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes: Hello, I've got a client whose computer is unable to send faxes. She's never used Windows fax and scan on her computer before so I can't say if this is a new problem or if it's been around for a while. She can setup an account in the windows fax and scan program without...
  9. Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.: Some receiving machines do not recognise a Windows FAX and the "send" times out with Fax Monitor error "-- -- failed to respond ." I know there is a connection as I hear dial out and opening chatter from recipients machine. The occurance of a FAX not being sent is...
  10. Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?

Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?: I can Scan from my Brother MFC-8840D using the Scan on the Start Menu or the Scan and FAX. I even have the option to save it as a PDF and this all works. However it wants to save each page. Is there any way to configure it to scan several pages from the FlatBed and not the...