Windows 10: WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?

Discus and support WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, while investigating a problem in Windows 10 - which is now solved and solution is unrelated to this question - I checked the list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windyandy, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Windyandy Win User

WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?

Hello,

while investigating a problem in Windows 10 - which is now solved and solution is unrelated to this question -
    I checked the list of Exceptions in the Windows Firewall.

Among the many entries there are

70 different
    DNS Forwarding Rule - TCP - xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-0 Private ON Public ON

(or UDP)

Does anyone know how these Rules come about and what purpose they serve?

Could this be some malware redirecting web-addresses?

Or could it be related to the Windows-Insider Program? (no answer on this there).

Regards,

Andreas

:)

Windyandy, Aug 18, 2018
  2. TwuTu Win User

Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hello!

Today I've blocked all connections of a program by creating a outbound rule in Windows Firewall. However, I now wish to remove it. The problem: I can't find that newly created rule anywhere in the list. The rule does take an effect, since deactivating the
    Firewall lets the program run properly. I can only see rules in the list that "allow" stuff, but not those who block things.

What I have tried so far:

- All filters set to "Show all" within the Firewall

- Created the same rule again, doesn't show up

- Created a rule that allows the program, shows up

Any solutions?

TwuTu, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Jeff Herr Win User
    Windows Firewall issue with outbound rule

We block all outbound here for a number of good reasons beyond the scope of this issue.

We are on win10 1703. A new A/D site was added during the prior week and I found that all of the management tools for DNS,DHCP, etc failed with various errors such as access denied.

The firewall logs show that port 135 outbound was being blocked.

This is in spite of the fact that a rule is in place to allow this traffic.

I modified the rule to explicitly define the remote addresses rather than using the "Intranet" term which resulted in no behavior change.

Adding a ANY/ANY/ANY rule allows traffic.

Do we have a bug?

Jeff Herr, Aug 18, 2018
  4. WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?

Firewall rules

I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help.

Thanks

EmmaDarnell, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?

1. WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or? - Similar Threads - WIN10 Firewall Rules

2. Firewall rules resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall rules resetting: All the threads I found on here were years old and always mention reboots or special software like VPN stuff. This is not my case. I'm fairly confident it's specifically Microsoft screwing with me for finding a workaround. Here's the situation.I hate the new Microsoft...
  3. Firewall rules resetting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules resetting: All the threads I found on here were years old and always mention reboots or special software like VPN stuff. This is not my case. I'm fairly confident it's specifically Microsoft screwing with me for finding a workaround. Here's the situation.I hate the new Microsoft...
  4. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  5. Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules: I cannot port forward to host a server, everything was working fine about a month ago but I never hosted anything between that time and now its broken. I installed Kaspersky within that time period and I think that might have something to do with it but its completely...
  6. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  7. Suspicious DNS Rule.

Suspicious DNS Rule.: Hello. I was checking Windows Firewall and it came to my attention that, for these past few weeks, I have been seeing a suspicious set of rules that keep reappearing in my inbound rule set. These rules do not go away when I delete them and sometimes more of them appear. I...
  8. Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.

Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.: I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address. example: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=127.0.0.8...
  9. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  10. Firewall rules resetting

Firewall rules resetting: For some reason I'm not able to keep my firewall settings saved. Specifically, apps that I allow through the firewall whether through prompt or control panel reset back to "not allowed.' I think this is happening after each update. It's extremely frustrating as I primarily...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dns server forward rule windows firewall

2. windows firewall dns forwarding rule

3. dns server forward rule

4. dns server forwarding rule windows defender,
  5. dns forward rules windows firewall,
  6. unable remove dns server forward rule,
  7. multiple dns rules in windows 10 firewall,
  8. dns server forward rule windows firewall remove,
  9. windows firewall dns server forward rule,
  10. windows 10 thousands of dns server forward rule,
  11. firewall dns forwarding rules,