Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats

Discus and support Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Bought a brand new ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS-DB71. It downloads updates, installs them then tries to reboot. During reboot it gets stuck on the loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scope, Jun 3, 2018.

1. scope Win User

Bought a brand new ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS-DB71. It downloads updates, installs them then tries to reboot. During reboot it gets stuck on the loading screen. I've plugged in my laptop and left it all night but it never gets into windows just stays frozen, so I manually turn it off. After I turn it back on it restores old version then starts downloading updates again and repeats the whole process. I havent used this laptop for months and its a shame because I spent alot of money on it. I just want to wipe it out and start with fresh windows 10 but I don't have a disc and when I try to "reset this pc" from settings/updates and security it says "Could not find the recovery environment: insert your windows installation or recovery media..Ect" Any help would really help!

:)

scope, Jun 3, 2018
  2. ThofikhAhamad Win User

How can I restore my screen resolution to when it was before Windows forced me to update?

Hello,

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Hope this helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 8, 2018
  3. bl_971 Win User
    After update today my favourite is a very old version

Windows automatically forced the update on my computer and after the update I found that all my favourites were gone. I imported them but the list is a very old list probably 6 months ago or older. I checked the favourites file in This PC and found that
    the file contains a very old version. Why does windows forced these updates and caused so much problems.

bl_971, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats - Similar Threads - Win10 forces update

2. window update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window update: How to overcome window update Error 0x800705b4 in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/window-update/d45e562a-2f23-465d-bec7-3a7940e8832f
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices: We are having a serious issue with windows 10 ent. Many machines inside and outside the office are not downloading updates. About 1/3 of my staff work out of home offices and another 1/3 are extremely frequent travelers. All are part of our domain. There are no...
  4. window update

window update: i have been updating my pc since 2 months but every time Error 0x800705b4 comes. i also contacted microsoft custmore care but he was also unable to help me. please resolve my problem...
  5. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...: So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Insider Updates

Windows 10 Pro Insider Updates: In the option to change Windows 10 Pro Insider Updates. The IX ME box is greyed out and I cannot run the FIX ME. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-pro-insider-updates/f787fc3e-a43d-4af8-9cdb-64e76babbd8a
  7. In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a...: I run Windows 10 Pro (1803) with Outlook 2013. I have two live.com accounts one of which is my Windows login account. I installed a BIOS update and a Support Assistant update from Dell. The machine rebooted and I was able to login using my PIN. When I started my Outlook, I...
  8. win 10 [ updates suck]

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 [ updates suck]: are there future plans to fix these permissions problem in windows 10 ? I ask because I just received the replacement laptop for the one Windows !0 update shot right in the gut. Slowly but surely I lost permissions for personal files and it went down hill from there to...
  9. Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up: Hello I've had this problem for over a month now and I do not know what has caused it Every time I start my computer up or restart (sleep not affected) my desktop icons are all gone If I go on file explorer and check my drives, everything is still there but if I try to...
  10. April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG: My desktop WILL NOT UPDATE. Have had no problems with other PCs. ASRock Z77 Extreme4 i7-3770 2x2gb and 2x4gb ballistix tracer ram (12gb total) ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX GPU What files do I need to post?...