Windows 10: Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats

Discus and support Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Bought a brand new ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS-DB71. It downloads updates, installs them then tries to reboot. During reboot it gets stuck on the loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scope, Jun 3, 2018.

1. scope Win User

Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats

Bought a brand new ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS-DB71. It downloads updates, installs them then tries to reboot. During reboot it gets stuck on the loading screen. I've plugged in my laptop and left it all night but it never gets into windows just stays frozen, so I manually turn it off. After I turn it back on it restores old version then starts downloading updates again and repeats the whole process. I havent used this laptop for months and its a shame because I spent alot of money on it. I just want to wipe it out and start with fresh windows 10 but I don't have a disc and when I try to "reset this pc" from settings/updates and security it says "Could not find the recovery environment: insert your windows installation or recovery media..Ect" Any help would really help!

:)

scope, Jun 3, 2018

2. How can I restore my screen resolution to when it was before Windows forced me to update?

Hello,

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Hope this helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 8, 2018
  3. bl_971 Win User
    After update today my favourite is a very old version

Windows automatically forced the update on my computer and after the update I found that all my favourites were gone. I imported them but the list is a very old list probably 6 months ago or older. I checked the favourites file in This PC and found that
    the file contains a very old version. Why does windows forced these updates and caused so much problems.

bl_971, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats

1. Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats - Similar Threads - Win10 forces update

2. repeated crashes & forced restart due to iaStorAC.sys failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    repeated crashes & forced restart due to iaStorAC.sys failure: my PC is getting crashed & having forced restarts due to this driver. This driver iaStorAC.sys belongs to IntelR Rapid Storage Technology Driver - x64. the Stop code is "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". I have tried anti virus scan, reinstalled the OS twice & still it is...
  3. Forced restart after an update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  4. Forced restart after an update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  5. microsoft windows 10 forced "feature update, version 1803" failure and repeat

microsoft windows 10 forced "feature update, version 1803" failure and repeat: I want to delete what I believe to be a faulty download of updates for Windows 10. The update tries to force a restart, tries to update, fails and then tries to revert changes and about an hour later, downloads the same update again and keeps repeating this. I can see a...
  6. Windows update forced restart

Windows update forced restart: Hi, Today my computer forced restarted in order to install new updates. Until now I have to accept updates when I restarted the PC, now - forcing the restart was absolutely unprofessional. I had unsaved documents and other opened applications. Please don't use forced...
  7. Forced UPDATE version 1803

Forced UPDATE version 1803: I have a HP Desktop model h8-1534 I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.52 Based upon my research, there is a good chance that my system may not handle version 1803 Presently, my system is running fine. Since I have windows 10 PRO, I have updates turned...
  8. Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version

Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version: Bought a brand new ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS-DB71. It downloads updates, installs them then tries to reboot. During reboot it gets stuck on the loading screen. I've plugged in my laptop and left it all night but it never gets into windows just stays frozen, so I manually turn it...
  9. Updates... Then forcefully restart

Updates... Then forcefully restart: Forcing updates is one thing. Forcing a restart is another - and completely unacceptable. Until now I have been able to reschedule the restart. Today it just restarted while I was working. Bug? Intentionally? I will not give Microsoft long to change this behavior....
  10. Restoring old version of windows during Creator Windows Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restoring old version of windows during Creator Windows Update: Hi At the end of the maj windows restore at the previous version (with the media creation tool) : so i run a sfc /scannow --> "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service" DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth , "Error : 0x80004002" DISM /Online...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 upgrade restart repeat

2. after update on restart it restores

3. win10 restores old settings after restart