Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats

Discus and support Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Bought a brand new ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS-DB71. It downloads updates, installs them then tries to reboot. During reboot it gets stuck on the loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scope, Jun 3, 2018.

1. scope Win User

Bought a brand new ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS-DB71. It downloads updates, installs them then tries to reboot. During reboot it gets stuck on the loading screen. I've plugged in my laptop and left it all night but it never gets into windows just stays frozen, so I manually turn it off. After I turn it back on it restores old version then starts downloading updates again and repeats the whole process. I havent used this laptop for months and its a shame because I spent alot of money on it. I just want to wipe it out and start with fresh windows 10 but I don't have a disc and when I try to "reset this pc" from settings/updates and security it says "Could not find the recovery environment: insert your windows installation or recovery media..Ect" Any help would really help!

:)

scope, Jun 3, 2018
  2. ThofikhAhamad Win User

How can I restore my screen resolution to when it was before Windows forced me to update?

Hello,

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Hope this helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 8, 2018
  3. bl_971 Win User
    After update today my favourite is a very old version

Windows automatically forced the update on my computer and after the update I found that all my favourites were gone. I imported them but the list is a very old list probably 6 months ago or older. I checked the favourites file in This PC and found that
    the file contains a very old version. Why does windows forced these updates and caused so much problems.

bl_971, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats

Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats - Similar Threads - Win10 forces update

1. Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version: Bought a brand new ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS-DB71. It downloads updates, installs them then tries to reboot. During reboot it gets stuck on the loading screen. I've plugged in my laptop and left it all night but it never gets into windows just stays frozen, so I manually turn it...
  2. Win10 decides it is time to update & force reboot kill tasks wo prmpt!

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 decides it is time to update & force reboot kill tasks wo prmpt!: Today is the third time.. I don't remember, for sure it is the second! Win10 @ 1709 showed there are updates available, you may press the button to install them or.. , I don't remember, it doesn't matter, you just want there to push OK, which means "I UNDERSTAND, I'M DOING...
  3. How to force Win10 Edge to remember login ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force Win10 Edge to remember login ?: Hi, for the same sites i sometimes use different logins. Now Edge doesn't always remembers the full list of dif. logins. ? How do i force Edge to remember a certain login ? (site allows for remembering multiple logins) Regards, Frank Screenshot...
  4. MS forced Win10 installs w/o user concent?? True?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS forced Win10 installs w/o user concent?? True?: Is that true? Win7/8.1/etc. automatically installs Win 10 'update' (the OS) without the users permission when 'X' many days have passed? My brother woke up to Win10 (from Win 8.1) the other day and basically did a 'WTF'. Yes I know you can reverse or downgrade it, however,...
  5. How to disable updates via regedit for Win10 Home? Win forced updates

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable updates via regedit for Win10 Home? Win forced updates: Two days ago I had a graphics driver update forced on me, along with that windows installed some security updates (which is fine) and installed an application called the "Update Assistant". The update assistant eventually forced me to upgrade to version 1709 when I've been...
  6. How do you force unsigned drivers now in Win10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you force unsigned drivers now in Win10 ?: In the past I held down the Shift key, rebooted and startup options with pressing 7, unsigned drivers. But now that doesn't seem to work! It worked for me in Win10 before. Now on my new win10 computer it does not work. Here's the error message I'm getting: [img] 91750
  7. How do I force Win10 update to re-install Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I force Win10 update to re-install Windows Media Player 12: Hi, I'm not sure whether this issue should be listed under the Programs and Apps category. Perhaps you could put me right here. I'm finding my WMP is not able to play my Audible .aa and .aax audiobooks, and will not import them. This has been a problem for the past 3-4...
Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version and repeats solved