Windows 10: Win10 freezing at random - no BSOD - frozen mouse - continued HDD activity

Discus and support Win10 freezing at random - no BSOD - frozen mouse - continued HDD activity in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am struggling with a new issue in the past several months. No hardware changes to my machine. Win10 64bit freezes at random times. Sometimes in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricMims, Aug 17, 2018.

1. EricMims Win User

Win10 freezing at random - no BSOD - frozen mouse - continued HDD activity

I am struggling with a new issue in the past several months. No hardware changes to my machine.

Win10 64bit freezes at random times. Sometimes in the middle of me working in a program (random), and other times, like this morning, when I logged in and left the room having never touched the mouse. Coming back 15 minutes later, it was frozen.

1. Machine never shuts down during this freeze.

2. HDD seems to be somewhat active, but I cannot find correlation btwn keyboard and HDD..

3. Have tried unplugging all devices when frozen, but doesn't seem to trigger anything.

4. Turned on an external HD and it seemed to trigger main HDD to activate more.

5. Never any BSOD.

6. All Win10 64bit updates have been installed

7. all device drivers updated to best of my knowledge

8. OS drive was on RAID1, but I broke that RAID thinking that might have been causing problem.. that didn't stop the issue.

9. Desktop and mouse cursor continue to show, indefinitely, but mouse and keyboard do not respond.

10. My work computer is also showing this behavior, and strange thing is, it is a recent (past 6 months) development and both computers have different components (but both homebuilt machines with good components).

Is this an issue people have been having?

Eric

:)

EricMims, Aug 17, 2018
  2. OD94 Win User

Computer Freezes, no HDD light, Random, Mouse and Keyboard stop working

Device: VAIO E Series 14

Hi there,

I've been experiencing random freezes on my laptop for about a month now from mid-July, even before the anniversary update. I tried updating all the drivers to fix the issue as much as I could, but to no avail.

When it's frozen, there is no HDD light, the fan gets louder and both mouse and keyboard stop working. I've had to do a hard reset each time.

I have uploaded the Administrative Events from Event Viewer under Errors.evtx in the link below. There is also another zip there (otherevents.zip) with other events; Windows Logs. I have also uploaded a driverview log.

EventViewer_Errors

Can anyone please help me? Thanks

3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

• If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    • If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Aug 17, 2018
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Win10 freezing at random - no BSOD - frozen mouse - continued HDD activity - Similar Threads - Win10 freezing random

2. Win10 Random freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Random freezing: Had been having random freezing and occasional BSODs for months and months. I tried everything I could find online at least once without success until I found PassMark Burnin Test which I thought I would try as I suspected it was something to do with the graphics card and...
  3. Mouse randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezes: For instance scrolling the browser using the mouse-wheel and the screen freezes then a second later resumes scrolling and jumps to where it would have scrolled. Some process in the background is stealing mouse events. Any clue as to how I should go about finding this?...
  4. Mouse freezes randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse freezes randomly.: I have a windows 10 surface go, and i'm using a bluetooth 3.0 keyboard for this computer. I dont know if its the keyboard or the computer, but my mouse freezes randomly when trying to play games. Is there a fix to this? submitted by /u/Literature-Initial [link] [comments]...
  5. Mouse randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse randomly freezes: So I've had this mouse for 2 years and these past 3 days its not been working correctly. The mouse https://www.trust.com/pt/product/19509-gxt-152-exent-illuminated-gaming-mouse What happens is im moving my mouse and the cursor stop moving, then I take it off the usb and put...
  6. Random BSOD Win10

Random BSOD Win10: I have this problem since roughly a month ago, and this is a fully random BSOD so if you guys see this post it mean's I was lucky enough and didn't get one :) So as I said It is a fully random BSOD and the file that causes this is always IAStorAC.sys and the Stop Code is:...
  7. Win10 Freezing, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Freezing, no BSOD: For the last couple on months, my Win10 Pro has been freezing up if I leave it on overnight. There is no BSOD, just a frozen system. There are no errors reported in the Reliability Monitor, and I can't find any hints in the Event Viewer logs. There are no crash dumps...
  8. Win10 Freezing, no BSOD

Win10 Freezing, no BSOD: For the last couple on months, my Win10 Pro has been freezing up if I leave it on overnight. There is no BSOD, just a frozen system. There are no errors reported in the Reliability Monitor, and I can't find any hints in the Event Viewer logs. There are no crash dumps...
  9. Freeze with mouse activity

Freeze with mouse activity: Hey guys, another member suggested I post this here and let you guys take a look. 102443
  10. Freeze with mouse activity

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze with mouse activity: Hello everyone, I am new to windows 10 and something is happening I don't understand. I just built this rig yesterday and it has been freezing up often. I still have mouse control but lose everything else. I have reinstalled the os 3 times and all my drivers are up to date. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod windows 10 hdd freeze