Windows 10: Win10 how to add app to Kiosk Mode list so I can assign it to a user

Discus and support Win10 how to add app to Kiosk Mode list so I can assign it to a user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 10, trying to set up PCs in Kiosk Mode. Everywhere I turn I find how to assign a user to pre-existing Apps in Kiosk Mode, but no one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Proflego, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Proflego Win User

Win10 how to add app to Kiosk Mode list so I can assign it to a user

Running Windows 10, trying to set up PCs in Kiosk Mode. Everywhere I turn I find how to assign a user to pre-existing Apps in Kiosk Mode, but no one explains how to add an app, in my case an Internet Explorer Shortcut file, to the app list.

You'd think this would be mentioned somewhere.

I tried using Powershell using an administrative account on the PC, but got the following messages:
    Get-AppxPackage : Access is denied
    Access is denied.
    At C:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\Modules\AssignedAccess\AssignedAccess.psm1:127 char:22

and

Application was not found. Enter either a valid AppName or AUMID

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

*Confused

:)

Proflego, Aug 23, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Restricted access user

Mateo,

If you would be satisfied with limiting the user to using any installed applications [rather than only being able to browse] then you could make it a Standard user account and set "User account control" to its maximum level - see

• Control panel,
    • User accounts,
    • Change user account control settings.

You can limit a user to just using Edge or another "App" by setting up Assigned Access (Kiosk Mode) - there is some guidance in

Set up Assigned Access (Kiosk Mode) - TenForums

If Edge is not the browser you want to use but your chosen browser is not available in the Windows store as an "App" then you could seek guidance in the IT admins forum -

TechNet

Denis

Tryx3, Aug 23, 2016
  3. how to add any app on the list of "choose a app" in "set up assigned access" of windows 10 Settins

I am trying to set up kiosk mode in windows 10. I found about "assigned access"

Problem is it can be assign only one app for the user.

Furthermore, I cannot see an app that I want to assign.

1. Can I assign more than one app?

OR

2. Can I assign "edge" or "google" app?

Hyung JoonKim, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

Win10 how to add app to Kiosk Mode list so I can assign it to a user

1. Win10 how to add app to Kiosk Mode list so I can assign it to a user - Similar Threads - Win10 add app

2. How to log out from win10 in single app kiosk mode without keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to log out from win10 in single app kiosk mode without keyboard: Hello,I'm planning to configure tablet in single app kiosk mode.Over there I want to run only one app - Edge web browser with one of my PowerApps canvas application.Tablet will be mounted on the wall and there will be no keyboard connected to this tablet.Defined users will be...
  3. How to make a user's application run in Kiosk mode

How to make a user's application run in Kiosk mode: Hi, Please can anyone let me know how I can make my own Windows 10 executable run in kiosk mode? I can successfully make the pre-installed Windows applications run in kiosk mode, but this does not allow me to select my own 'program.exe' file. Please excuse my ignorance on...
  4. Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access

Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access: I have been testing the KIOSK mode in windows 10 pro through: Open settings Click on Accounts Click on Family & other users Under "Set up a Kiosk" click the Assigned Access option Click Get started and follow the steps The KIOSK mode is working, however, I only wanted...
  5. using kiosk mode/Assigned Access for signage - losing wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    using kiosk mode/Assigned Access for signage - losing wifi: I'm using the "Assigned Access" or kiosk mode of Windows 10 with a Pocket PC / mini PC stick https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QXV8T53/ attached to a TV, to display a particular web address for digital signage. Normally it works great. Problem is, if the wifi connection...
  6. Assigned Access Multi App Kiosk Mode Always on top

Assigned Access Multi App Kiosk Mode Always on top: We are using a multi app kiosk setup that allows the users to open various programs. The problem is we use a time keeping app that times their use that should be always on top in the bottom right hand corner. Unfortunately the application only shows when they open another...
  7. Cannot Setup Kiosk Mode Assigned Access

Cannot Setup Kiosk Mode Assigned Access: I have a tablet that I need to setup as kiosk on Microsoft Edge. It was on 1607, but that version did not support Kiosk Mode on MS Edge, so I proceeded to update to version 1909 which at this time is the latest one. So I went once again try enabling Assigned Access but...
  8. windows 10 kiosk mode assigned access

windows 10 kiosk mode assigned access: Hi, im running around on the internet looking for solutions, what I need to know is in assigned access windows 10 kiosk mode can I run specific program like software from win32 app or like a software company....
  9. Can I use Kiosk Mode/Assigned Access with a local app (App not in Microsoft Store)?

Can I use Kiosk Mode/Assigned Access with a local app (App not in Microsoft Store)?: I'm trying to set up a kiosk that runs my application -- its not a Microsoft Store application. I'd like to run only my application, and remove access to the Desktop. Assigned Access seems to do this, but appears to work only with a Microsoft Store application. Is there...
  10. How can I add a program or app to the list of apps that get notifications?

How can I add a program or app to the list of apps that get notifications?: I used to get notifications from a certain program I have installed, a security program. It had a function called "battery mode" which was set to come on when the battery was below 30% (set by me). So in a way it was a reminder that I should plug it in soon. I tried looking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add app to kiosk mode

2. add apps to kiosk mode

3. windows 10 kiosk mode add app to list

4. Application was not found. Enter either a valid AppName or AUMID,
  5. app not available kiosk,
  6. windows 10 kiosk app not in list,
  7. add application to kiosk mode,
  8. windows 10 kiosk mode not showing all apps,
  9. how to add app to kiosk mode,
  10. add aps to kiosk windows 10,
  11. windows 10 kiosk custom app per user,