Windows 10: win10 install to SSD

Discus and support win10 install to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows install says ( Can't install on USB flash drive.). That's how it sees my SSD. Do I have to put my original HDD back in, image SSD to it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rgauchey, Aug 4, 2015.

1. rgauchey Win User

win10 install to SSD

Windows install says ( Can't install on USB flash drive.). That's how it sees my SSD. Do I have to put my original HDD back in, image SSD to it and then try to install?

:)

rgauchey, Aug 4, 2015

2. Clean installing Windows 10 on new SSD

I have upgraded my Win8.1 to Win10. I want to add an SSD and do a clean install of Win10. My concerns are regarding the activation of Win10 after the clean install on the new SSD. I know how to create a bootable Win10 on an USB stick but will the new Win10
    activate without a problem?

Chi Man Wong, Aug 4, 2015
  3. sro1234 Win User
    Free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 -- Dual Boot

Put the SSD drive in the computer, temporarily remove the 1Tb drive, install Win7 to the SSD, upgrade to Win10, reinstall the 1Tb drive. Or if you're trying to keep all the programs that were installed on the 1Tb drive, clone it to the SSD using clonezilla
    or something, remove the 1Tb drive, and upgrade the SSD to Win10.

sro1234, Aug 4, 2015
  4. win10 install to SSD

You can't do a clean install to a new drive, be it HDD or SDD, because Win10 then will NOT activate. You have to upgrade an existing Win7/8/8.1 setup to Win10. That registers the PCs hardware with MS so after that, you can do a clean install of Win10 on the same PC and it will remain activated.

Mark Phelps, Aug 5, 2015
  5. AWM
    AWM Win User
Thema:

win10 install to SSD

1. win10 install to SSD - Similar Threads - win10 install SSD

2. Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD: Hi, I want to install Win10 on a system with a NVME SSD, but the BIOS does not recognize the drive as a bootable device. I have already done this with Linux, just put the EFI Partition and the /boot mount point on the HDD and the root / and /home folder is on the NVME...
  3. New SSD win10 install, advice please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New SSD win10 install, advice please?: OK, so Windows updates are just slowing my machine down and I'm thinking of getting an SSD and swapping it over. Problem is my laptop only has one drive slot so I can't clone it the way I've been told and I have not been able to find my product key as It wasn't stuck to the...
  4. Should format my Win10 Home to install Win10 Pro in SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should format my Win10 Home to install Win10 Pro in SSD?: Currently I installed my win10 in HDD and bought SSD and wanna install it on SSD. Can I keep my files on HDD and delete win10 onHDD or should I reformat my HDD? submitted by /u/farukbigez [link] [comments]...
  5. Reinstalling Win10 to SSD

Reinstalling Win10 to SSD: I'm not too technical, so please bear with me. I have a newish PC that is currently running Win10 that is loaded on a HDD, with an additional HDD for added storage. I've purchased a new SSD that I've installed and will be using a USB to boot from and load Win10. This is our...
  6. Is it normal to have problems installing Win10 on SSD?

Is it normal to have problems installing Win10 on SSD?: I have a Windows 10 USB and have installed it successfully on 3 different computers (Spinning hard drives), but when I added SSDs on those three computers, every time I would try installing Windows 10 on the SSDs, it always gave me boot errors. I had to resort to cloning my...
  7. Small SSD for large SSD for win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Small SSD for large SSD for win10: So im selling one of my smaller ssd's 240GB and picking up a 1TB. Which drive would be better to install windows on? Not worried about drive speeds or anything like that. ive been told to keep it on a smaller SSD over a larger 1TB ssd. 82033
  8. Full win10 install on ssd

Full win10 install on ssd: Hi my actual os: Win 7. Home edition. Installed on hdd i have mounted a 120 g sandisk SSD in my desktop so i would like to install a FULL. (Not a update) win10 on my new ssd i disconnect my win7 hdd ( i want to keep this win 7 hdd) after, can i follow the...
  9. Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD

Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD: Hi to all I have my Acer laptop around 2 months , and now i want to fresh install win 10 What I've done ,I created USB image via Rufus with Win10 home (which I had on my new laptop preinstalled) I writed down my licence key. Ive booted and cleaned SSD completely with new...
  10. SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios

SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios: Hi all, This is my first build and I am so close yet it feels so far away. I'm at the final step of installing Windows 10 onto my PC I have a bootable USB drive connected and everything goes smoothly until I have to select a hard drive! I have a Mushkin Enhanced Reactor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win7 to win10 upgrade on large ssd