Windows 10: Win10 Install with harddisk mirroring on multiple workstations.

Discus and support Win10 Install with harddisk mirroring on multiple workstations. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the hardware in each computer will be identical, I may be wrong, but I think the installation ID should be the same. Doesn't that depends on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by trynn, Oct 12, 2015.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Win10 Install with harddisk mirroring on multiple workstations.

Serial numbers that can be read by the OS are different. That's how the OS detects a same model motherboard replacement and deactivates.

NavyLCDR, Oct 13, 2015
  2. spapakons Win User

What? Supposing you install Windows 10 and some days later your motherboard dies (knock on wood). Since it is a recent model, you get a replacement from the shop with the same model. According to your suggestion you wouldn't be able to activate Windows again! I don't think this is the case. The worst that can happen is that automatic activation fails and you have to do it by phone, but I don't think this will be just because you changed motherboard. It would make sense if you went to a different model, but again if you can convince Microsoft that you replaced a broken motherboard, you should be able to activate by phone.

spapakons, Oct 13, 2015
  3. cognus Win User
    same arguments we had early in lives of both 7 and 8.
    remember how aggressive MS was about 'stamping out grayware' ??? they got over it.
    and yes, the worst that can happen is a friendly phone chat

cognus, Oct 14, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I never stated you would not be able to activate again. What I stated was that Windows 10 would detect the motherboard change and deactivate. Several members on this forum have already reported this happening. After calling Microsoft, some have had good luck and Microsoft has activated their computers for them and some haven't been so lucky and Microsoft told them to go back to Windows 7/8/8.1 and upgrade again.

So, let's go with your theory. Every off the shelf computer then of the same make and model number from the same manufacturer would have exactly the same Installation ID - one computer gets activated and hundreds of computers get activated. So, if I did a clean install of Windows 10, never having had Windows 10 before, and if anyone, anywhere else with the same manufacturer, make and model number of my computer activated Windows, then mine would activate based upon their Installation ID. Not the way it works, because serial numbers are part of the hardware algorithm that is used to calculate the hardware ID - which is unique to each computer - and which is used as part of the Installation ID which is unique to every computer and to each version of Windows installed on that computer.

This is from Belarc System Advisor, see all those serial numbers?:

Win10 Install with harddisk mirroring on multiple workstations. [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Oct 14, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Well, there is another option. You can install Windows 7 on all computers and activate. Then use a DVD-ROM or other media to save download time and upgrade to Windows 10. Activate so the key is stored on Microsoft server. Now every computer can activate again automatically. Take one "master" disk, format and clean install Windows 10. At first welcome screen, before creating any user (OOBE) you press a special key combination (CTRL+SHIFT+F3). This makes Windows 10 login with the built-in Administrator account in "audit mode". You can install all your software and make any changes you need to interface etc. Then you generalize the installation so it is hardware-independent (just in case) and shutdown. Clone this "master" disk to the other computers. When they first load Windows will go in OOBE mode again where they can create the user accounts and activate. You do some work to install Windows 7 and 10 in all computers, but you save a lot of trouble later when installing all your applications and settings.
    Read details at this thread.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Install with harddisk mirroring on multiple workstations. - Similar Threads - Win10 Install harddisk

2. How can I get the install media to reinstall Win10 for Workstations?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get the install media to reinstall Win10 for Workstations?: I have a machine that is running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. How can I get the install media to reinstall Win10 for Workstations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-the-install-media-to-reinstall-win10/6ee4e3ad-810c-4f2a-a90b-e82305690788
  3. Multiple screen mirroring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple screen mirroring: I work off of a laptop and two monitors. I never use the laptop however both of my monitors mirror each other and I did not want that to be the case. I wanted to have one screen separate from the other screen. Now I tried to go in and change this so I hit the windows tab and...
  4. Multiple screen mirroring

Multiple screen mirroring: I work off of a laptop and two monitors. I never use the laptop however both of my monitors mirror each other and I did not want that to be the case. I wanted to have one screen separate from the other screen. Now I tried to go in and change this so I hit the windows tab and...
  5. Multiple screen mirroring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Screen Sharing to multiple workstations

Screen Sharing to multiple workstations: Hi I'll do my best to describe my need.. The setup is that i have 1 workstation, running an RDP session which i need to use on several workstations at the same time. All PC's are running Windows 10 Enterprise Up until now i have been using VNC to mirror it, but its running...
  7. Multiple BSODs on new PC/Win10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs on new PC/Win10 install: In a span of 1 month: Stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA on chrome stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Specs: B450m pro-vdh max R7 3700x RTX 2060 2x 16gb of 3200mhz Gskill Ram 1x 500gb m.2 nvme WDSN750 Black ssd 1x 480gb kingston...
  8. I don’t know how to reconfigurate multiple Harddisks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don’t know how to reconfigurate multiple Harddisks: My data usage current status My current system version My devices Explanation Hello guys, please help me out. This desktop was a gift from a friend of my brother. He and his friend used old parts from computers that he had at home. I know that it has 3 HDs and C:/ is a...
  9. RE: Win10 to Win10 pro or workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE: Win10 to Win10 pro or workstation: What is the difference between win10 PRO and WORKSTATION? from WIN10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-win10-to-win10-pro-or-workstation/6bb55315-f915-492d-86cb-874245bbae6b
  10. Windows 10 for new workstation builds - new to Win10 installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 for new workstation builds - new to Win10 installing: Hello all, coming over here from Seven Forums since M$/Intel are basically forcing Win10 upon us with these newer motherboards. I work in a small architecture firm, and am responsible for basically all the tech in the office. We used to always order Dell workstation builds,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 identical install on several workstations