Windows 10: Win10 installed but is it? Disk Manager shows Win 7?

Discus and support Win10 installed but is it? Disk Manager shows Win 7? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi: I upgraded Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro a few months ago. My desktop looks "similar" to Win 10. Or am I confused? All works fine. This is a Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dizmayed, Jul 19, 2016.

1. dizmayed Win User

Win10 installed but is it? Disk Manager shows Win 7?

Hi:

I upgraded Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro a few months ago. My desktop looks "similar" to Win 10. Or am I confused? All works fine. This is a Lenovo T530 laptop. "Settings" shows Win 10 Pro is activated. The Seven Forums System Info tool shows OS is Win 10.

But the desktop has a "Computer" icon not "My PC" like another Win 10 Computer here. Somehow the desktop looks a hybrid of Win 7/10. I know, I must be losing it.

I don't recall my upgrade procedure except that I used a Win 10 iso from Microsoft Creator Tool. I've done a number of Win 10 upgrades but perhaps I'm losing my bearings (or worse).

I just looked at my HDD structure (see below). Would someone interpret these partitions for me? Why Win 7?

Thx awfully -

Win10 installed but is it?  Disk Manager shows Win 7? [​IMG]

:)

dizmayed, Jul 19, 2016
  2. cbmams Win User

DVD Drive using win10

Cannot burn to dvd drive altho it shows up in device manager and plays cd music but rejects new disks to burn to, asking for a disk to be inserted when one was. Win 10 says drivers are current after a search.

cbmams, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    Dual boot Windows 10

They see themselves as C: but they see each other on different drives. Bootice shows my boot configuration has Win10 on C: [disk 1] and Win7 on D: [disk 0]. Disk Management in Win 10 shows Win7 is on the 3rd partition on Disk 0, with no drive letter and
    Drive D: is the 4th partition on Disk 0.

I haven't actually tried to apply the change but Disk management is allowing me to pick a different drive letter for my Win10 system drive while it is running. If it doesn't error out I think it may require a pre-emptive edit of the boot configuration to
    reflect the new drive letter.

Ralf_G, Jul 19, 2016
  4. Win10 installed but is it? Disk Manager shows Win 7?

My Disk Management only shows - OS (C: ) there. No Windows label.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 19, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    The volume label is user defined and on an upgrade Windows 10 will not change the volume label that was there before.

Win10 installed but is it?  Disk Manager shows Win 7? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jul 19, 2016
  6. dizmayed Win User
    <The volume label is user defined and on an upgrade Windows 10 will not change the volume label that was there before.>

Thank you LCDR.

dizmayed, Jul 19, 2016
  7. Can we consider this issue closed?

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 20, 2016
  8. dizmayed Win User

<Can we consider this issue closed?>

Yes, thx.

dizmayed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 installed but is it? Disk Manager shows Win 7? - Similar Threads - Win10 installed Disk

2. Disk Management not showing disk properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management not showing disk properly: Here is the background: I have a RAID 1 array moved from another PC. One disk showed as healthy, Online while the second one was disabled because of conflicting signature. I wanted to do a mirroring in Windows as opposed to creating a new RAID 1 because I want to preserve...
  3. New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace: New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-with-win-10-how-to-install-win-7-with/d1fc2fc3-5532-4779-9b3d-58634aa19bf4
  4. usb flash disk not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb flash disk not showing up in disk management: my usb flash drive is not showing in disk management how can I solve this in windows 10? It is a 2TB drive, it shows in device manager and states that it is working but when you click on it, it says no media is found on this drive....
  5. disk management Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    disk management Win10: When I try to open it ,the screen comes up with "connecting to Virtual Disk Service" but even several hours later nothing else has happened. Have tried several strategies from online forums and even run repair disc and recovery disk, all to no avail. Anyone have any...
  6. Disk partition not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk partition not showing up in disk management: I installed a windows 10 update yesterday and now I have lost my D and E drive and all of the data that was on there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and 3 others that are called disk 0 partition 1, 4 and 5. When I go into file...
  7. Dual Boot Win 7 and Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot Win 7 and Win10: Apologies if this is 'old hat'. I'm having trouble with win 10 (getting wifi working) and have a thread specifically on that subject already open. I'm in the position of installing win10 on my son's laptop and soon have to give it to him - but he lives 80 miles away. Win10...
  8. WIN10 2TB HDD not showing up Disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIN10 2TB HDD not showing up Disk management: Hey guys, I´ve been googeling this for a few days and can not seem to find the answer. So here goes... Problem: I have a 2TB seagate barracuda HDD that is not showing up in: - disk management - CMD -> diskpart -> list disk It does show up in: - device manager -...
  9. Disk partitioning, win10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk partitioning, win10 installation: [img] Hello. Can somebody explain me what EFI System Partition is doing? Should i remove it? I've tryied already to install win10 from USB multiple times. After installation, pc restarts and starts to display UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, or , if i insert USB again and click...
  10. Win10 and win 7 question

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 and win 7 question: I just purchased a new computer with Win10 I can access my old win 7 drive using a external storage system (Eagle Corsus) Can I run win 7 and the programs I have on that drive from my new computer? I have Office 2003 on the old drive but I can't install Office 2003 on...