Windows 10: Win10 Issue - Floating Taskbar when Dual Monitor

Discus and support Win10 Issue - Floating Taskbar when Dual Monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Thanks for reading. I have got this problem: My taskbar is out of place when I connect the second monitor. I extended the view.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cheeseburger, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Win10 Issue - Floating Taskbar when Dual Monitor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for reading.

I have got this problem:

My taskbar is out of place when I connect the second monitor. I extended the view.

Win10 Issue - Floating Taskbar when Dual Monitor [​IMG]

It happens now and then. I think it seems to be working fine until I install the internet download manager. But again it might just be my suspicion.

Once I plug out the second monitor, the taskbar goes back to normal. This issue is the same for the wall paper. When i connect, the wall paper will look ok on the laptop but looks cut away in the second monitor. Same thing goes, once I plug out it will go back to normal.

Pls help. Thanks much. I have been combing around but cannot find someone with the same experience thus the answer for it.

Thanks.

:)

cheeseburger, Jan 26, 2016
  2. OhioNerd Win User

Desktop Icons Disappear in Windows 10

When this happens, are you able to see Taskbar? - Yes

Will it bring up Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at time? - No, nothing appears on the screen except my wallpaper. You can hover over an open application on the taskbar, see what is open on the hover screen but when you click on the application,
    nothing appears on the desktop.

Are you using Dual Monitors? - No

I did check my display settings and it was showing dual monitors. I changed it to a single monitor and I will see it that fixed the issue. Thanks

OhioNerd, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Ian531 Win User
    Taskbar appears to be floating on second monitor.

While this helped fix a few other issues I was having, it did not fix this one. I also tried unplugging and plugging in the monitor again, and reinstalling the ASUS monitor drivers instead of the Intel porvided ones. There were updates for the BIOS and both
    Intel's and Nvidia's graphic drivers, but those didn't seem to fix it either.

Ian531, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Win10 Issue - Floating Taskbar when Dual Monitor

I run triple monitors on my desktop PC and dual on my laptop, I have never seen anything like that happen. Wish I could be more help but that's a new one on me. I have my taskbar set to show on all monitors. How are said monitors hooked up, HDMI, Display port , etc?

alphanumeric, Jan 26, 2016
  5. Hey alphanumeric, thanks for dropping by.

Ya. My taskbar was shown in all monitors. Same thing happen, so now i am back to just one main taskbar.

Am using a hdmi (laptop) to vga (monitor) connection. I did try using hdmi to hdmi...it has the same issue.

cheeseburger, Jan 27, 2016
  6. Are you using any custom theme's or programs to give you custom theme's or a custom start menu?

alphanumeric, Jan 27, 2016
  7. Nope. Apart from the internet download manager which now integrates with my browser.

Seems like it really is a rare case.

cheeseburger, Jan 27, 2016
  8. Win10 Issue - Floating Taskbar when Dual Monitor

I haven't seen an issue like this before. I'm out of idea's too. You could try disabling or uninstalling the download manager to see if it's the culprit.

alphanumeric, Jan 27, 2016
  9. MickeyVee Win User
    MickeyVee, Apr 30, 2016
  10. pinkay Win User
    hi cheeseburger,

I exactly have the same problem as you are having right now. When ever i extend my monitor, my taskbar is floating in the middle of the screen, and my wallpaper on the 2nd monitor is not centered. any luck in finding a solution with this problem?

Hope to hear from you. Thank you in advance.

pinkay, Aug 6, 2016
  11. moeiscool Win User
    open task manager close explorer.exe and "run new task" type into the input "explorer.exe" and hit enter. Things should be normal.

moeiscool, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Issue - Floating Taskbar when Dual Monitor

1. Win10 Issue - Floating Taskbar when Dual Monitor - Similar Threads - Win10 Issue Floating

2. 'Floating' Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Floating' Taskbar: Win11 23H2 MAY be coming with a 'floating' taskbar somewhat like what is seen below. In this case, the Sys Tray can be seen by hovering at its location bottom-right corner.Cheers,Drew...
  3. 'Floating' Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Floating' Taskbar: Win11 23H2 MAY be coming with a 'floating' taskbar somewhat like what is seen below. In this case, the Sys Tray can be seen by hovering at its location bottom-right corner.Cheers,Drew...
  4. taskbar floating

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar floating: Why my taskbar looks like floating? Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-floating/f1d00215-3150-4741-8ba9-b3a66b5d3fb3
  5. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor issue: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - all went relatively well. While messing around with the display settings I set one of the screens to 3d mode.. and it has been hell since. I cannot get both screens to work now. I can either have 1 monitor (one I didn't set to 3d) or,...
  6. dual monitors issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual monitors issue: when i unplug my second monitor my first one goes to sleep and wont turn back on but when i plug back in my second monitor it wakes up my first one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors-issue/4d821d7a-5067-43e4-8fc8-b2b6ea22e91b
  7. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor issue: There are two monitors (both are Dell U2717D), one is connected to onboard HDMI and another one is connected to onboard DP. I would like to let Windows set both of them are extended displayed even the 2nd monitor (DP) is off. Currently if I turn on both monitors, Windows...
  8. Dual Monitor issues with Win10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor issues with Win10: Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon 3000 card on Windows 10 42857
  9. Dual Monitor issues with Win10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor issues with Win10: I'm having issues with my Dual monitor set up and not sure if it has anything to do with the ATI Radeon 3000 graphics card. I've gone to AMD support to download the the latest driver for Win10 and keep getting message stating ( We are unable to find a driver for your system)....
  10. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. floating taskbar for windows 10 on dual screens

2. floating task window dual monitor windows 7