Windows 10: Win10 'Item not found' error when deleting a folder

Discus and support Win10 'Item not found' error when deleting a folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In C:\Users\name\Videos I'm trying to delete several folders. They all say "Item not found, Could not find this item". This all started after using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Oobarsten, May 30, 2016.

1. Oobarsten Win User

Win10 'Item not found' error when deleting a folder

In C:\Users\name\Videos I'm trying to delete several folders. They all say "Item not found, Could not find this item". This all started after using Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 12. After every session it adds another miscellaneous folder into 'Videos' which cannot be delete or anything.

I found a YouTube video (Item Not Found error - How to Delete Undeletable File - YouTube) showing how to use cmd: >cd /d C:\Users\name\Videos to try and delete the folders this route. I receive the message "The system cannot find the path specified" and then it in the next line it shows me C:\Users\name as if it cannot find the route to 'Videos'. (I copy and pasted the path/Location straight from the folders Properties)

I then tried downloading Everything (Everything Search Engine) from voidtools and it wont let me do a single task to these folders. It's as if they are untouchable.

Can someone please help me. The people at Blackmagic forums arn't being very helpful as of yet.

:)

Oobarsten, May 30, 2016

2. HELP: "item not found... ... ..." when using Documents folder

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We would like to request for a screenshot of the issue for us to check this further. By the way, did you make any changes or any update on your device before this issue happen? Any troubleshooting
    or workaround you've tried so far to resolve this issue?

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, May 30, 2016
  3. HELP: "item not found... ... ..." when using Documents folder

Hi, I need a solution to a problem I have in windows explorer

When I try to create a new file in 'Documents' the following message appears: "item not found, could not find this item. the item is no longer located in documents".

The error also appears when I try to use the files in my Document folder and I have no idea what is going on or how to solve this problem.

Any advice would be appreciated

RoelofBerg, May 30, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Oobarsten and welcome to Tenforums.
    You could try booting the system to Kyhi's recovery media, and using File Explorer to find and delete these folders (use the mirror). Then, when back in your OS, run Ccleaner (free) on the registry to see if there are any leftovers. That's the first thing that comes to mind, never having used it myself. *Think

simrick, May 30, 2016
  5. Oobarsten Win User
    I read your suggestion and thank you for trying to help. I tried everything on the net and was already pretty fed up by the time I read your reply though. I looked into your suggestion and it seemed somewhat more complicated then I wanted to dive into. I ultimately did the final solution that many others have done throughout the net when confronted with issues like mine. I totally reset my Win10 PC. It wasn't that big of an issue to be honest. My PC is rather new and it didn't take to long to put everything I had back on it.

Word of warning to people interested in using Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve: Blackmagic's customer service is extremely poor, they harass you for personal information, and their product (in my experience) has issues with Windows 10. I tried their product on my older Windows Vista, for kicks, and had no issue like I did when using it on Win10. Stay away from this product if you know what's good for you.

Oobarsten, May 31, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Okay, glad you got it sorted. Please go ahead and mark the thread solved. Cheers! *Thumbs

simrick, Jun 1, 2016
  7. kimkl Win User
    Well old post put same problem, i was sorting photos using i think Zoner well it FUBAR and left these empty folders
    "E:\Temp\1\Image size_ 4.29 MB "
    "E:\Temp\1\Image size_ 5.88 MB "
    "E:\Temp\1\Image size_ 5.93 MB "
    I can rename to my hearts desire, i can move, the TOP folder everywhere on the same HD, but trying to rmdir /q /s Image size_ 4.29 MB
    (I opened a cmd in the bad folder perhaps i should try using full path, seems the only thing i have not tried, i hate when this happens,
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    i can also see in the cmd that the files names are in fact " Image size_ 4.29 MB " the citations marks are used for ref to show that there are 5 spaces before filename and 1 after, but nothing works, i had this problem with Windows 7 and found an easy solution, then but ill be darn if i can remember it, and it was easy
    btw i have full permission and tried to take ownership but alas *Biggrin

darn my spaces to illustrate file name got rem well as i said 5 spaces before 1 after_ and then 1 space after filename ends,

kimkl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 'Item not found' error when deleting a folder - Similar Threads - Win10 'Item found'

2. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  3. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  4. unable to delete icon ~ item not found message

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to delete icon ~ item not found message: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home Edition on a Dell XPS 8700 desktop computer. The computer is running Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928). I was downloading a .pdf file using the Free Download Manager program yesterday and when it was completed there was an icon on my...
  5. Documents folder "item not found" error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Documents folder "item not found" error: My user folders like Music, Videos, Pictures and Documents can be accessed, but no files can be created, moved or edited. All of these user folders give me a "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:/Users/myusername. Verify the items location and try...
  6. Win10 Deleted Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Deleted Folders: I have Windows 10 Pro v1909 18363.1802 My SSD boot drive C: has 10GB free of 74. Abruptly last weekend there was like 20 minutes of continuous drive activity. There was no message or alert from Windows. After the drive activity, everything continued fine. HOWEVER, when I...
  7. Problems deleting a folder 'Could not find this item' error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems deleting a folder 'Could not find this item' error: Hi, first time asking a question on here but I've spent hours googling and I'm stumped. I have two folders in a drive I am trying to delete cleaning up folder/subfolders. I can't rename them, and I can't delete them. Every time I try, I get a 'Item not found, Could not...
  8. Deleted Items Folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Items Folder.: I have 4 Hotmail accounts signed in via the W.10 mail app. All were working fine. Now I find the 1st account I added has many emails going direct to Deleted items folder. I want these emails delivered direct to my Inbox folder. How do I correct the issue ? Thanks....
  9. "Item not Found" error

in Windows 10 Support
    "Item not Found" error: Hi guys, I have upgraded from Build 18362.86 to .113 using KB4497936 successfully. But when I right click on desktop to create a new folder of text document I get the "Item not Found" error. Kindly advise how to resolve this issue, thanks... 132803
  10. Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found": This has got to be the most frustrating issue I've ever encountered. Second time in the last month. I'm trying to delete a folder on my F:\ drive. It has a long name: "Palomino Blackwing Leather Pencil Roll" It's now empty. I want to remove it from my hard drive....